Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Somebody hold me. It's so close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lewis is a twat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Woke up to McLaren dead last, redbull seems worse than last year.

Hope some of you guys are Ham fans. It's gunna be his show all loving year.

Get hosed Lewis.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I had a dream Massa hosed off and Ricciardo took his spot winning the 2016 drivers championship.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

They just want the blood of the young.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Our only hope for a good season is Vettel and the scud

I hate to say this. But since Ricciardo has no shot in hell this season as the Redbull engines somehow seem worse than last years. But I'll be chearing for team red. Maybe Kimi won't be total poo poo this year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

You mean the McLaren wind tunnel?

lol this one got me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Okay before I have to do what I did last year...

Is their anyway for me to stream F1 legally in the states if I don't have cable or satellite?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

poopzilla posted:

Serious, i love all these euro's bitching about bad start times. Motherfucker, 90% of races start at 4 or 5 am for us on the US west coast.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

In F1 history, has a car sucked as much rear end as the current McLaren junker, and gone on to win the championship?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

OMG Jenson's car is making the worst noises.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What a poo poo race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be fair. Jenson did put out some of the best wheel to wheel action when he was cock blocking farce India.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Guys, 16 cars started and 11 finished. Take a second, think about how hilarious that is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like how its safety pinned on.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Doublepost.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cubey posted:

so let's give them unlimited budgets at a time when teams are already facing potential death due to monetary costs. hope you like 10 car grids!

We pretty much had that this weekend.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Expect Merc to win. Expect good midpack racing.

I bet by mid season Ferarri catches up. McLaren Is a wildcard. And I bet red bull sucks all season, no a single person on the team has said anything positive about the car.

I am disappointed the gap is so huge. I'm pretty sure they lapped up to 5th? I liked last season even with Mercedes taking huge dumps on everyone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gret posted:

It's like none of you watched F1 during the 90s. Or even during the Schumacher years in the 2000s.

2014 was my first season.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The Formula E races, all of them, have been better than that GP. Let that sink in.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

thegasman2000 posted:

One loving race :jerkbag: everyone goes nuts. We knew from testing the general order of things bar mchonda.

If you want to see everyone running the same poo poo gently caress off to a spec formula like a1 gp. Oh wait that was so successful...

One race that started with 16 cars on the grid. 11 finished. And the lead car had like a 1.4 second lead.

It was a poo poo race. It is okay if people thought it was poo poo. Because it was.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not saying the season is going to be poo poo. Merc was crushingly dominating last season and I loved watching.

This first GP just seemed very clownshoes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CratSock posted:

Jesus Christ, Worst Thread... 800+ new shitposts? Skimming revealed pretty much what I expected.

Now, the opening race... holy gently caress what a disaster. Mercs finished 1-2 in the wrong order. Wrong Ferrari broke. No Bottas. Jenson the only car to not score a single point. Worst opener to the worst season in the worst sport. :emo:

So, by your definition, your post is also a shitpost.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's focused on his real racing career. The race to grow back his hair.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CratSock posted:

By being in this thread it more than qualifies as poo poo posting.

That was kind of my point.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The only way Nico has a chance in hell of winning is if Lewis catches on fire or brains himself.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GutBomb posted:

If a Honda engine blows itself up in "reliable mode" while on it's way to the grid I can't wait to see what it does in race mode.

It wins the World Drivers Championship.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gret posted:

You guys are all acting like Sky commentators who've already anointed Lewis the 2015 WDC during the pre-race.

How should we be acting?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alain Post posted:

remember when Schumi was dominating and Bernie gave verbal support to that insane proposal that the teams don't sign drivers anymore and instead the FIA would rotate them around so each driver would drive for every team for a few races at a time for the whole season

Musical chairs in f1. lol this sport is loving amazing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mainly want more than 16 cars on the grid.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

You act like that's a bad thing.

What would a all Ferrari and Merc grid look like, 8 cars?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Now I want there to be an online arcade on f1.com where fans can win their favourite team extra parts and upgrades for the season.

Fanboost like Formula E

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

JFairfax posted:

I suppose the problem is going to be if a whole bunch of teams loose engines early on.

I mean we had one engine blow up before the start of this race, and at least one more die during the race.

It would be pretty incredible if there weren't another couple lost at the next race.

I'm really suprised Jenson's engine held up. It was making terrible sounds durring the race.

The engines somehow sound worse than last years. The new Ferrari in lower gears was not a pleasant sound.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I think Ron forgot to tell the team that its time to stop sand bagging.

Move those bags and the oil starts flying out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Xisticide posted:

Sutil already sued them and got his money back

In the tune of 15 million.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Can I download the entire F1 rules set anywhere?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

pik_d posted:

They're divided into sporting and technical regulations, both can be found here: http://www.fia.com/sport/regulations?f[0]=field_regulation_category%3A82

Thanks! I wanted the technical stuff mostly.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm glad a lot of these tracks have been laser scanned. At least I can gently caress around with them in Sims before every one of them gets changed. I'm all for safety, but it's kinda sad to see classic tracks get the poo poo torn out of them

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Track was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Formula D is way better imho.

Nah