Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Why would anyone want to do that

Pretty much everyone that's seen previous threads, it sets the tone for newcomers though

w00p FP1 soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Williams, the most failass team lead by a cripple old man and his daughter. drat they are bad, they even have Felipe Massa as one of their drivers and he was too poo poo for even Ferrari.

The second most succesful constructor in Formula One

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Barnsy posted:

That's retarded. Given how important engines are in the current formula, it's stupid to build the engine around the car. It should be the reverse. 'Here mclaren, have an engine that's better than any of your rivals, fit it in your car'. They must have had to compromise hugely in areas to comply with their demands.

To be fair, Brawn had to stick a Merc power unit into a car that was designed around a Honda one, and that turned out pretty fine

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Because gently caress driver safety rite guys? Let's get the old Hockenheim back where the track was surrounded by trees with no guard rails.

I'd watch it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

George Zimmer posted:

Hunt was incredible. He absolutely did not give a single poo poo. Him and Walker were frequently at odds, but ultimately got along. I'm phone posting now otherwise I'd post the video where he calls a driver's excuse for his poor performance bullshit sometime in the early 80's at Monaco. Hunt and Walker is the best commentary duo in the history of the sport IMO.

Clive James was the best, sadly he only did the reviews

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

Seriously though Formula E kicks rear end.

It's a nice sideshow, but that's basically it, oh and a graveyard for failed F1 drivers

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Also, the racist Daily Mail

Why do you even read that shitrag?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hkmQKx9p4

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, the figure I've always read is $40mil definitely not $400mil.

Ddefinitely not if Ron Dennis was flipping the coin, would have been Peso's or something

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Show me one post in this thread that is valuable. Just one. Go on.

Pretty good shout

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Oh look, Jackie Stewart talking out of arse again

Who knew the tartan-faced twat was also a psychologist. He's got so many strings to his bagpipe.

Rosberg probably wears a Rolex or some other poo poo Stewart promotes

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Ron has the big picture, you all don't see it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Alain Post posted:

Marquez is a fraud.

Please keep your fraud comments F1 related

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Butt Wizard posted:

Sorry, I got my tedioms mixed up. Brundle is "Hug the inside at Massenet like it's your favourite granny"

Never stops Brundle using it though. Like Nelson used to say.....

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

C'mon Lewis lets hit trash bottom
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kris-jenner-reckons-lewis-hamilton-5763409

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-handed-five-place-grid-penalty

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

I hope the US DOJ puts Bernie and Jean Toad in prison and F1 ceases to exist

Not going to happen, Blatter drives like an amateur compared to Bernie

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair he's put up with consistently poo poo cars since the beginning of 2012 with minimal complaining. I'm sure pretty much anything would've made him snap at that point.

Doesn't even sound like he snapped, it was more a cleverly phrased response that he knew would be aired, he's pretty good at it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

really if you think Alonso is "chill" with hanging out at the back of the grid and retiring every race right on the prime of his career then you really don't understand the mentality of an F1 champion

he's just putting up a face so this doesn't turn into a repeat of 2007

He is seeing the bigger picture, there was never any instawin going to McLaren

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

what big picture? he'll be 36-37 by the time McLaren might give him a somewhat good car

they are definitely not going to be anywhere near Mercedes next season either

Yeah, why bother.. might as well pack up and go home

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

the big picture is that no one but mercedes can offer him a title-winning car and they're not going to have an open seat any time soon. he's literally ricky bobby at this stage of his career, nothing but winning matters. he burned all his bridges at ferrari and mclaren are clearly the next best option in the long term. they have more money and better facilities than williams or red bull, even considering their almost complete lack of sponsorship.

i really don't know what is confusing about this

Nothing confusing, just a differance of opinion if you can grasp that

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

I honestly think it was more Ferrari firing him than him quitting

I don't think it's a big secret that Vettle had a contract and he (alonso) wanted to move, Ferrari cost him that 3rd WDC, and I think he's been pissed since

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

but how? you literally cannot disagree if we live in the same objective reality. mclaren was the only option for him in F1.

I really don't know, if you were an acclompished driver as Alonso why would you go without his knowledge of what's going on there? You're implying he's an idiot for doing so

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

he knew it was a project, dude. i'm not implying anything. maybe he didn't expect it would be quite this bad, but he knew full well he wouldn't be winning 2015. that, again, has been made clear many times. you're just not paying attention. it's almost as if you don't even watch f1.

Ok you're not seeing the point, lets drop it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

no thanks, tell me what the point is

Really? if you don't see my point, what the hell are you countering?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

darth cookie posted:

LeMans is on? well poo poo this day just gets better and better.

If you ever want to go to an event LeMan is it... hmm or IOM TT both full of action, parties and real good fans enjoyed both over spa and silverstone

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Farmland Park posted:

Anf what if you, like me, don't give a poo poo about bikes? Is it still worth it?

You really should watch the IOM TT

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Alonso is expecting a 20 place grid penalty for Austria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33183855

Since he wont qualify on pole thats going to translate to a 20 second pit stop penalty I think.

That 20 sec penalty only apllies to lovely driving I thought

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Let me say for the record i intended the discussion more as a friendly "Hey what about this point of view we clearly hadn't considered" not a hostile "I am right and let me tell you about how you are wrong". I'm hoping this is a case of "misinterpreting someone over text is easy", not an actual lack of intelligence and technical grounding in formula 1 on my part. Not responding to anything but PM's about it before i make the thread not fun and earn myself another probation. Sorry.

Noms i edited my post because that table i posted was from a year i did not intend to post. I was wrong and stupid in that case, but it was an honest error.

I've been watching regularly since fall, 2007. I watched lots of old races from then on of every era. I dont know if thats still considered a new viewer. Certainly some have seen more than me. I figured others had seen less as well.

Tip: Don't edit your post unless it's for a ninjsedit, you'll be more respected for acknowledging an error in a later post

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

I'd think it a bit odd if Mercedes had jeep logos instead of Mercedes on it too.

It's marketing in the areas they need to

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

One Swell Foop posted:

In this case, Infiniti is their global performance brand, where as Renault as a car brands is mostly European lower-mid market drudgemobiles.

And disgraced F1 brand

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Possibly Chicken posted:

I want to gently caress Claire Williams.

Super! but... why not keep it to yourself, not sure why I need to know this

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Webber, the guy who ran Vettel off the road once and tried a second time in a championship deciding race, where Webber had no chance?.
Webber, the guy who openly stated that he would not help Vettel win the championship and would not accept team orders?
Webber, after stating that he did *not* want to to use the new front wing, (so they gave it to Vettel after he broke his), went crying to press complaining about not being treated equally?.
Webber, the guy with years of LMP1 experience and in the top factory team, who got schooled by Hulkenberg, in the 3rd car a couple of weeks back?.
Webber, the guy who got overtaken the most by any one in his years at Red Bull?.

Did Vettel get preferential treatment..probably....did he deserve it: Very much so.
Webber has always been a whiny little bitch and will undoubtedly continue to do so.

Would be handy to source that Webber hate you're spouting

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Aqualung posted:

Also you know, Webber, the guy who ignored team orders at Silverstone and wanted to pass Vettel but cried like a little poo poo when Vettel did the same to him in Malaysia?

He cried about being the #2 driver but he didn't beat Vettel in 2010 even after Vettel's engine blew 3 times while he was leading, and had that bullshit penalty in Hungary.

Webber is a giant pussy, which is basically the tone of his new book as far as I can tell. Funny that he calls himself Aussiegrit on twitter when he acts like such a huge bitch.

Stand your ground: Webber; you're a whining bitch, Alonso is faster than you: Slave driver... this thread really is bad

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Remember when everyone in the paddock thought Christian Horner was an F1 genius and he should be running F1 instead of Jean Todt? Good times.

Nope you're making that up, maybe a suspect media report, but no rational person thinks that twat could replace satan

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

This is my favourite David Coulthard Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWPBNVZKdc

DC you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e271vCZzXAs

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

AgentJotun posted:

I know Barrichello wasn't among the greats, but if prime Rubens went up against Rosberg now I think it would be pretty close. Barrichello just looks a bit poo poo because Schumacher had about a 10 year period where he was driving on a level way beyond any one else.

Rubens tired to kill himself the same race weekend Senna managed it, I think its a Brazilian thing

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Plenty of races in arabia to tide you over, just wait a few more months! Soon we'll have another one to replace italy! I 100% unironically hope his heart stops in bed tonight.

I can't believe you assume he has one

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

It's the RA107 so that's pretty accurate

It's the bloodline to the all conquering Brawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Have you seen.... this?