Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

be nice wicka posted:

a driver crashed through a fence at the nordschleife and injured several fans, killing one: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118267

:(

That's what you get for letting "l337 gamErz" muck about in dangerous sports cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

be nice wicka posted:

he will be driving the new nissan prototype at le mans along with marc gene and max chilton

Le Mans attracting the very best as always.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
A great win from one of the greatest drivers to have ever lived. He made everyone (apart from Lewis Hamilton) look like an amateur failure today.

It's wonderful to see the sport dominated by the two most talented F1 drivers that have ever competed in this sport.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

CratSock posted:

Commence ALO suicide watch.

"Alonso"

This isn't reddit.

Also, Vettel has ALWAYS been likeable. It's just nice to see others warming to his immense greatness.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Funkysauce posted:

Nice to see Ferrari winning again. I still don't like Vettel at my scuderia but if he learns Italian I'll warm up.

He said "Grazie, grazie, grazie" at the end of the race. That's enough Italian to get by I think.

At least I think that's what he said. I could have mis-heard him

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

El Hefe posted:

Alonso is the third best Spaniard in the WDC standings lmao

But the best corpse. Yay!

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Alain Post posted:

Also the WDC and WDC because Mercedes are a fake team with fake history and no passion while Ferrari are genuine F1.

Wrong. Ferrari have a history of cheating and paedophilia.

Mercedes used to be Brawn and therefore are morally above anyone.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Bruno is a good commentator and I'd like to see him commentate more often.

No one ever said that about his racing. Sad face.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Human Grand Prix posted:

Raikkonen drove well today, probably the best I've seen him look in a while.

He was outqualified by half the field and was last after the first lap. He's poo poo. Although, in his defense, he is making Ricciardo look good. Which is quite the achievement.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Human Grand Prix posted:

I also think he's bad but let's credit where credit is due. He drove from the back to 4th place after qualifying 11th.

4th place is pretty bad when your team mate drives flawlessly to first. He should quit now before he gets sacked.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Gmaz posted:

Nope, he is just a bad driver. He can only beat F1 has-beens like Webber and Raikonnen, but completely melts down when facing a rising star like Are Dan.

False. Vettel let Dave Rickydingo win because 4 WDCs was enough for the cheats RedBull. Now Vettel has returned to his true form, that of a driving God.

If only he and Hamilton could both win this year's WDC then the world would be a better place

#fingerblessed

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

track day bro! posted:

Ricardio has found his place now which is fighting for the last few points positions. I bet Max Chilton could do a better job in that car.

He's essentially Australia's Scott Speed.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Gemma's boobs are just as good now as they were in 2008 - See here.

Kimi Raikkokenen is just as bad now as he was in 2008 .

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Sulman posted:

From being pleased at Vettel winning to agreeing with something JJOC* said ( gently caress RBR, essentially) I don't think I understand the world anymore.

http://www.saveourformula.com/

Stuff like that makes me sick. Nobody gives two shits about online petitions, especially not Bernie. Stick your hashtags up your arse

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The world would be very boring if we all agreed on the same thing.

I totally agree.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Sulman posted:

A full recording of the BBC broadcast of Spa 1985, if anyone wants a mainline of nostalgia. It has the pre-race too, if you want to see how it used to be done. Nearly 30 years ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VX1tM7IaVw

When was the BBC commentary team made up of French men?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I was enjoying that story until "an apparently stung Rosberg shook his head and, despite the evidence, twice said: “That’s not funny.”"

That's like Nico saying "You're mum's a slag, Lewis", everyone laughing and then Lewis saying "She's dead of the AIDS man. Not blessed."

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Norns posted:

Vettle is a better champion than Hamilton.

Racist pig.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Anyone who calls Ferrari "Scuderia Ferrari" is a bit odd.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Damon Hill was a loving national institution,

What the hell???

Hill was so far from a national institution it's hilarious. He was a bland, mediocre test driver who only lucked into the title fight in 94 because of disgraceful FIA bias. If people think Vettel's championships are worthless because of the dominant car he drove then Hill's one championship in 1996 is even more worthless.

The only British people that saw him as a national institution were the fat, teamwear-wearing, bandwagon people who blindly support any British driver in the sport. The same mongs that cheered on Paul Di Resta, Ralph Firman and Allan McNish.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Free to air tv not showing races has made me a plebe out of the loop. Does anyone have any super legal reputable online institutions they know of that have a good quality stream for races?

You probably can't mention them here because the anal mods have bees in their neckbeards about people mentioning torrents/illegal streams etc. Head over t the cesspit that is /r/formula1 on reddit during a race weekend and they will have some links there

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I don't know man, take a loving break. Your not the worst thread god anymore.

I'm sorry I'm not your hero any more. It's never nice when you end up disliking one of your heroes. I guess that means you'll be taking my poster down off your wall? It saddens me to think there's going to be a Brainwrong sized gap on your wall between Damon Hill and the detailed map of Ankh Morpork. Perhaps you can get a new poster to fill the gap? I hear El Hefe is a good looking chap.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I was thinking of a BeNiceWicka mural to be honest.

That would make him your bedroom's title sponsor though. And we all know how he feels about that subject.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Alonso wants to end his career at McLaren

He's certainly going the right way about it.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Does it go without saying that he said the same thing at ferrari and renault?

He's a slut.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

"Echoes of a nearby future" sounds like a Jacques Villenuve / Lewis Hamilton collaboration album.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Why the gently caress did you steal my avvy?

willcrouch posted:

Sorry I'm late, but is this open? Because if it is, I am taking it, and I will own it.

He's either one of those trolls off the internet or just plain daft. Either way, it was funny.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Serperoth posted:

Speaking of real-time, does the FIA stream WEC on its site or something? No idea how to watch it live.

According to this they do - http://www.fiawec.com/live.html - I've never used it though

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

quote:

AUTOSPORT understands he was holding a grandstand ticket in his hand and said in mandarin: "I want to test a car".

....and he was given a development driver role at Lotus.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Currently watching The F1 Show on Sky F1, didn't expect to see Keanu Reeves telling me why F1 is so exciting!

Was it this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEA7Cj6udIU ?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

willcrouch posted:

This is out of the blue, but speaking of stuff before this year:

I miss Petrov.

I thought Maldonado was the new Petrov.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Why is J Palmer in piss faces seat?

Because Lotus have employed 63 development drivers this year and each one gets to spin or crash the car at least once in 2015.

Even that fit one with a nice arse might get a go.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

JFairfax posted:

lol i bet hamilton has stipulated that he doestn't have to wear a cap as part of his contract negotiations show he can show off his hair

4.1.2. Driver may, at his own choosing, appear blessed during race weekends and media events

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

I think Alonso's tears getting into the Honda electrics are what's behind the poor reliability.

That's just silly, re-animated robo-corpses can't cry.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Just watching the replay as I didn't see the race live.

McLarens and Red Bulls fighting for 17th place. What a time to be alive!

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Barry Sheene

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Norns posted:

As soon as a I saw poor Pastor between the McLarens, I knew it was over for our bald hero.

That's better

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
#Sourgrapes
#mindgamed
#blessed

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Kilmers Elbow posted:

That gold chain and those earrings, Lewis....yeah they look real classy....you don't in any way look like a oval office....nuh uh.

He's the 2015 moral world champion, the guaranteed 2015 world driver champion, the blackest F1 driver since Christian Klien, and #blessed. He can wear what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

dreesemonkey posted:

Pretty sure F1 needs to rebrand itself after "F1 race winner" Pastor Maldonado's showing this weekend. A few other thoughts from the race:

1. The Honda's seem to be getting less awful, I assume they're running closer to full power now.
2. Verstappen is looking pretty good so far, pretty poo poo luck up to this point, though.
3. Williams is as boring and effectively irrelevant as Red Bull is bad this year.
4. Jenson seems to be on the verge of laughing hysterically at all times whenever he is near a camera.

Verstappen is awesome. I was a huge fan of his dad in the 90s and am happy to continue the support.

• Locked thread