Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Blacks don't have red noses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

keevo posted:

Apparently van der Garde and Sauber have reached a deal. I guess Monisha isn't going to jail. :smith:

Boo... I was all prepared for drama.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Or, just as likely, Bernie told Giedo that he'd never drive in F1 again if he didn't drop the contempt charges.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

Does this mean Suzie Wolff might race? Because that would be funny / interesting

Does she even qualify for a super license?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Fastest into the wall.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

keevo posted:

Sebastian Vettel is basically German John Cena. Hate the driver, like the person.

He was pretty good in Juno.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The most fraudulent thread full of fraudulent Vettel haters turned Vettel fanboys.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's like none of you watched F1 during the 90s. Or even during the Schumacher years in the 2000s.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ecstatic posted:

Has anyone heard any info on just what is the problem in the Honda? The most I've heard is "something something cooling got to slow down to keep it from exploding".

Cooling fixes should be pretty easy, just messes with the aero, which could probably take a hit.

People seems to think it has to do with their ERS system and that it had to be turned down to prevent overheating.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

We just need more Takuma Sato's to kamikaze the Mercs when they are being lapped

Verstappen's dad was very good at that.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

You guys are all acting like Sky commentators who've already anointed Lewis the 2015 WDC during the pre-race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

How should we be acting?

Like the racist Nazis that are Mercedes AMG Petronas will sabotage Lewis to help Nico bring the WDC back to Germany.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

White Germans dominate for over a decade in cheater cars, nobody gives a poo poo. Black Brit wins a WDC and everybody all of a sudden are adamant about wanting more parity.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Linedance posted:

But using tokens. TOKENS! Like some 2nd rate arcade! Renault already wasted like 5 on the claw machine and dropped the turbo impeller every single time.

:golfclap:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

I would be fine with this if they also allowed customer cars.

Haas is going to come pretty close to building a Ferrari customer car by sourcing everything from Ferrari but the bodywork.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

:smith:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

serious gaylord posted:

Honda's engine is apparently great, except it cant run at full power because the Mclarens bodywork is too tight so it blows up.

Wait is Adrian Newey back at McLaren again?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

Yea, but #SizeZeroF1Car

#RealCarsHaveCurves

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

NoArmedMan posted:

Can someone put a list of drivers and their corresponding hats in the OP?

Rosberg wears a white hood.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

Who honestly can or would take over F1 after Emperor Palpatine croaks?

NASCAR

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

track day bro! posted:

You forgot to put massive fraud in there.

No. Nico was quoted on the poster.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dudley posted:

Although this is Silverstone so they won't bother opening half the grandstands.

I was looking at tickets to the WEC race at COTA and it looks like they're only opening 3 grandstands.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Seems like it was based off of a post-2008 McLaren.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

be nice wicka posted:

that's actually...really odd. they've updated their ad with this year's fire suit but there's no santander branding anywhere on the suit or on the car. the mclaren-santander situation is bizarre.

They're still listed as a partner on the McLaren website...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I sent them an email saying they should sponsor my bike racing. They sent me like 12 cans and a beach ball and a couple dvds and posters for free. But they didn't sponsor me. Subhuman filth.

Edit: they also signed their emails "Soaring regards,"

So they didn't sponsor you and tried to poison you. Red Bull is literally Hitler.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Linedance posted:

American Baseball = British Cricket

Well no. Americans are still good at baseball.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

Venezuela is the best at baseball and Formula 1.

Also the "best" at providing high quality toilet paper and other necessities to its citizens.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poopzilla posted:

Alonso has severe brain damage

Prolonged exposure to the idiots from Maranello causes permanent brain damage. See Massa, Schumacher, and not Alonso.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

Hammy on the other hand is worse at looking like a straight man.

At least Lewis looks like a man.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's pretty clear that Kimi's WDC is even more fraudulent than any of Seb's WDCs.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

serious gaylord posted:

Its inferior to the other brands in everything bar marketing. Which to be fair, is the thing that sells.

Well yeah. A can of red bull costs the same as their competitors but is half the size. Yet they still make money over fist.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Uncle Jam posted:

IndyCar fans get amped about a pay driver back marker joining the series. It's sad.

F1 fans get psyched about the cheating scum at Maranello and 4x world frauding champion winning a race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

WhoNeedsAName posted:

I really don't understand why anyone takes a single word of what Eddie says even remotely seriously. He's clearly batshit. :colbert:

So what is his SA name?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Move the British GP to Brands Hatch.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

track day bro! posted:

Actually hes the best and we all love him.

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

serious gaylord posted:

Theres easier ways to admit you're a racist.

Like being Australian. (hi kade)

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

lotharr posted:

To be truthful I was struggling for names in the elite category but hey, I can live with more garbagemen since that helps the point

Kimi pre-2008 was elite level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I really don't give a hoot about car technology or what hybrid technology one manufacturer has versus the other. I care about individual drivers, such as the mind games between Nico and Lewis, or, in years past, the battle between the fraud and the unluckiest man in the world. So I watch F1.

• Locked thread