Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
My watching of raw as of late consists of the following:

1. Not watching raw when it's on even if I'm not working
2. Reading the results the next day or later that night
3. Watch the segments that sound interesting online

It's really the best way to enjoy wwe guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Humans require some semblance of ritual to bring order to our chaotic sprint towards death. Raw is my ritual.

Also, I can't help but feel anxious that I am missing something cool or insane when I'm not watching. Catching a video the next day of the cool thing that people saw live just isn't the same.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Also, I can't help but feel anxious that I am missing something cool or insane when I'm not watching.
you're not

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Catching a video the next day of the cool thing that people saw live just isn't the same.
i've been on the "i'll just watch anything good that happens later" train for a while now and the only piece of raw footage i've seen in almost a year was that episode of raw on the "snow day" that was completely different from every raw ever

and even that was just a clip of brock lesnar laughing at how dumb roman reigns is

until there are sweeping changes to how wwe runs things, wrestling in america would be better off if everyone stopped watching all wwe programming. this isn't hard because even the best of it is completely mediocre on any scale.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I follow RAW like sports fans follow a lovely team -- they will let you down more often than not, but you keep watching and hoping that someday, things will get better. Look at all these cool signings they made! My favorite player is still doing good, hopefully he moves up the depth chart soon! Well that game sucked, but there were some bright spots! Just think, if they could figure this out...

...and on and on we go. I've been watching the Seattle Mariners flounder for over a decade, I'm well aware of the futile hope that comes with watching RAW.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I DVR it every week and usually read what happens and sometimes watch while leaning on fast forward through the majority of the show. It's gotten to the point that I fast forward through matches that I know will probably be "good" but that don't mean anything at all and are just filler trading wins back and forth nonsense.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I have to do something until the sweet release of death, OP.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Stockholm syndrome.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I have a TV on in the background most of the time when I'm doing other stuff, it might as well be on Raw as much as Pawn Stars or a random NBA game.

There's also the hope that WWE will actually improve and put on entertaining television with the talented people they have under contract, for whatever loving reason I actually really enjoy professional wrestling. Probably because I'm a giant nerd. Since watching RAW is as simple as 'turning on my TV' vs every other company that would require me to do things online or order ppvs, it's the default option.

That and I can talk poo poo about roman reigns in this forum which validates my life or some poo poo idk

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
I enjoy human misery.

Especially my own.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MotU posted:

Also I was bounced on my head as a baby so I am probably brain damaged

I caved my skull in on a coffee table so hard it would have made John Cena consider taking a day off or killed Christian outright so also same.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I like the crowd reactions, I like the RVd appearances, I like the beginning pyro and the theme song. It'seems a lot better when it's live no question. Its something to talk about, to explore the next day. If you saw a bad raw then you had certain friends who agree. I wasn'the alone is what I am saying.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I watched raw around wm season last year and it was better. Not great but a lot better. Since then its been loving unbearable and i never ever watch it. Nothing happens in the booking, the promos are terrible outside of heyman and lana, its three hours with a million ads during the show and commercials during matches and the commentary is just the dirt worst

Also part of the appeal used to be "stuff happens" but seriously nothing loving happens anymore. It is very very easy to just watch ppvs every month (aside from them not being good)

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
The vain hope that we'll one day hear ~*~briiEIIEIE moOooOOoooOde~*~ again.

Sometimes good or funny things happen, it's okay background noise the rest of the time. PSP/GDT is fun. I have a lot of free time and a habit of continuing things even after they're pointless.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's on in the background while I do important fun things...like work. I just need to keep up on the story lines just enough to fill in my friends when we meet up for the PPVs. There is no hope anymore for WWE. Not even with NXT. No hope at all. Let American Wrestling die so better things may rise out of the ash.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I watch Raw mostly out of habit. That and I don't like anything else that is on tv on Monday night. I watch enough good wrestling that I could care less if WWE is good or not. Even when it is somewhat bad, it is usually good for a laugh or two. That's all I ask of WWE anymore.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
Because ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN! It's LIVE TV.

Jeff Hardy might die on his next spot!

Vince might buy WCW!

Kirk Angel might drive a milk truck into the stadium!

STuNNER

/nothing has happened in years

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

I follow RAW like sports fans follow a lovely team -- they will let you down more often than not, but you keep watching and hoping that someday, things will get better. Look at all these cool signings they made! My favorite player is still doing good, hopefully he moves up the depth chart soon! Well that game sucked, but there were some bright spots! Just think, if they could figure this out...

...and on and on we go. I've been watching the Seattle Mariners flounder for over a decade, I'm well aware of the futile hope that comes with watching RAW.
I've been a Pirates fan my whole life and it took till I was 21 for the payoff of seeing a winning team.

I imagine being a WWE fan is a lot like being a Browns fan

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I don't watch Raw I just post about it online

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

1/2 habit, 1/4 gameday thread (comic book/dog/movie posting when things are just fuckin garbage helps lots), 1/4 masochism.

I don't even bother with smackdown these days unless a ppv is coming up. The only thing I really watch is Raw and PPVs. I don't exactly have a ton of down time these days.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Anime Curator posted:

I like the RVd appearances,
It's been a while, I could use some more of that. I'm feelin' froggy!

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
If i'm bored on Monday night.

Next semester I have a full courseload so that is probably not going to be a luxury I will be enjoying in future.

"Enjoying".

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Lately, I've been PVR'ing the show and seeing how long it takes me to get through it. The record so far is about 35 minutes for a 3 hour Raw.

Why still watch at all? Probably that feeling that the moment I stop watching something cool will happen. I remember watching an absolute dogshit Raw once. Just absolute loving garbage - dance contests, lovely matches galore, no feeling that anyone on the card had any meaningful direction. Just bullshit. I was somewhat interested in the Cena/Punk main event, but I couldn't take it anymore, and I played a couple of hours of Red Dead Redemption instead of watching the rest of Raw. Turns out, I missed the Nexus invasion.

I'm getting pretty close to my limit though. I went years resigned to the fact that I would just not have any interest in the main event scene and all my interest was in the undercard. Bryan and Punk's runs at the top were the first time since Austin's day that I had a genuine interest in the main event scene. I don't know if I'll be able to go back if Bryan is just going to be a midcard turd going forward.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I imagine being a WWE fan is a lot like being a Browns fan

I'm an Eagles fan. There's a lot of parallels.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why not?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Benne posted:

I follow RAW like sports fans follow a lovely team -- they will let you down more often than not, but you keep watching and hoping that someday, things will get better.

Speaking as a Raiders fan, I hate Raw.

Let that one sink in a bit.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Because of red tape involving Mexican boxing comissions :smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoy it most nights. Though Orton's return does damper that, as he's probably the only wrestler I consistently don't enjoy unless he's doing the Vintage Orton DDT.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick