Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Old Thread

New mod, new thread. Same as the old thread.

Welcome to the CineD general chat thread! Talk about whatefver the hell you want here. There are a few rules, which I'm going to shamelessly steal from Vargo:

Vargo posted:

Rules:
1)If a movie has a thread already, talk about it in that thread, not in here.
2)This thread is not a clubhouse to come in and talk about how bad other posters and threads are.
3)Settle down, Dickeye.
The second rule can be broken sometimes though if it's really egregious.

Here's a list of a bunch of us on Twitter!.

Vargo posted:

FriedPundit kept a pretty cool list of all our YouTubes of the Day: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPVBocgL6Y5hl7jE-D_GwxJJNxTTcCN1T

Here's a list of all the currently known CD Goon Blogs and Podcasts, (thanks TarsTarkas!)
Turban Decay (CloseFriend)
TarsTarkas.NET (Tars Tarkas)
Pre-Code.com (Sheldrake)
ShotContext (penismightier)
Matthew Clark (echoplex)
Alcohollywood (Hewlett)
The Professor Clumsy Variety Hour (ProfessorClumsy)
A Visual Medium (Vargo)
—automaticcinematic (Jeff Wiiver)
Wag The Movie (BigBudgetSequel)
Club Parnassus (Maxwell Lord)
Martin Teller’s Movie Reviews (FitFortDanga)
Comics Chat (Dickeye)
the film ghost (BOAT SHOWBOAT)
GONE TO STRANGE COUNTRY (timeandtide)
Umney’s Alley (ClydeUmney)
chewable newt (wyoming)
Ryan Swartz (Bugblatter)
Ticket Stub Memoirs (Jay Dub)
Turn Off The Limelight (TrixRabbi)
Movie Musings (Criminal Minded)
matt mcdaniel (Aorist)
Game and Watch Reviews (axleblaze)
How did I get here? I am not good with blogs (Adrianics)
10 Reasons Not To Kill Yourself (Geekboy)
Nerd Kryptonite (Geekboy)
Political Theater (Vargo)
LondonCityNights (Mr. Flunchy)
Secret of the Sailor Madness (unknown but goon guests)
See You in Five (Hibernator)

Also please check out Front Row Central, the new home of the old Current Releases front page team, as well as a few other CineD regulars. They write really good reviews, guys.

So yeah, talk about generals. And stuff.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

GROUND. FLOOR.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm so glad the weather's finally heating up so I can wear shorts again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha yesssssssss, you used that title :dance:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Thread!!!!!!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I feel like half of the links in the OP aren't even relevant/used anymore, so please let me know if there's a new place you write things or if someone else wants to be added.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Efficient storytelling:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Posting so I have an easy place to find all the posts by me in here.

There's probably a better way, but whatever.

I've played Out Run on 3DS a bunch today. It's pretty cool but it really just makes me want to fire up OutRun 2006 again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Cigarette Smoking man episode of X-Files was so :3: and then it quickly became :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GonSmithe, this should probably be in the OP listed under "Essential viewing":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lDtCHFmvg

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey new thread. Let me start this with a whiney slice of life: I really want this new job to start and I'm getting kind of impatient with it. A guy called me on Sunday and I missed his call. I called him back that evening but his phone was off and I couldn't get through until Monday afternoon. He said he'd be busy but he'd call me so i could get started and I still have heard nothing. I am really god damned low on money right now and if the cable bill decides to charge anytime soon, that poo poo will bounce. Make matters even more annoying to counteract this I sold a game on Ebay and it actually went for a higher price than I thought but the buyer has yet to pay me or contact me in any way. God drat this Capitalist system in which we live in.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The final, and largest skeleton, is in yourself.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Proposition Joe posted:

The final, and largest skeleton, is in yourself.

I mean I am big boned

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder that you all should all see The Forbidden Room when you get a chance if you like skeletons in movies. It has a pretty great skeleton segment.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Oh hey new thread. Let me start this with a whiney slice of life: I really want this new job to start and I'm getting kind of impatient with it. A guy called me on Sunday and I missed his call. I called him back that evening but his phone was off and I couldn't get through until Monday afternoon. He said he'd be busy but he'd call me so i could get started and I still have heard nothing. I am really god damned low on money right now and if the cable bill decides to charge anytime soon, that poo poo will bounce. Make matters even more annoying to counteract this I sold a game on Ebay and it actually went for a higher price than I thought but the buyer has yet to pay me or contact me in any way. God drat this Capitalist system in which we live in.

Have you tried selling blood and semen

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Is it cool to add my podcast to the blog list? See You In Five

Slice of life: I got passed over for a promotion at work and they hired an outside guy instead. But since he's new to the company I'm supposed to show him how we do everything. It...it's very frustrating.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Oh, also:

For the love of God, if you have platinum, please report people. I really REALLY do not want to have to read the loving American Sniper thread unless I absolutely have to.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Since we're talking skeletons, our Youtube of the night is a song by SomethingAwful's own Cataphract (and his friends):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_v9H24PfY

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
In the end, you'll find that the final, largest skeleton was inside you all along.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

Oh, also:

For the love of God, if you have platinum, please report people. I really REALLY do not want to have to read the loving American Sniper thread unless I absolutely have to.

You're on your own. I sure as hell ain't reading that thing.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Were all the other threads in SA besides this and Gimme Horror always this bad, or did something awful happen in here recently?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Since we're talking skeletons, our Youtube of the night is a song by SomethingAwful's own Cataphract (and his friends):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_v9H24PfY

Ugh.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Skywalker OG posted:

Were all the other threads in SA besides this and Gimme Horror always this bad, or did something awful happen in here recently?

Well, I mean we were modless for like a week.

Still, it mostly seems the same as it ever was to me, except now we can put commas, in dumb places.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Yeah, pretty much. But we're less than a page into skeleton chat and most of us feel ugh already.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnbZQn6SE60

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

GonSmithe posted:

Oh, also:

I mean I do but it's not like I'm reading that thread either.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Congrats, Gonsmithe. Good luck, blaze.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing that confuses me about the eBay thing is I thought if someone did "buy it now" they had to pay immediately, so I'm not really sure how I haven't been paid yet. I mean they might have changed that over the years and I never noticed but why would they do that beyond eBay being awful?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Got Coming To America on Blu-Ray tonight and watched the uncensored non-TV edit version for the first time in over a decade. Man, that movie is still a ton of fun almost 30 years after release.

I know a lot of people prefer Trading Places, but I always loved Coming To America much more. Arsenio does a lot to liven the whole thing up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There are parts of Trading Places that have really not aged well.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

axleblaze posted:

The thing that confuses me about the eBay thing is I thought if someone did "buy it now" they had to pay immediately, so I'm not really sure how I haven't been paid yet. I mean they might have changed that over the years and I never noticed but why would they do that beyond eBay being awful?

It's more that PayPal is garbage.

Super. Garbage..
.so.garbage.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Mmm, that new thread smell.

I'm going through and rewatching some of Tarkovsky's stuff that I don't remember very well, since it's all free on Youtube now. I just finished Solaris, should I watch Andrei Rublev or Mirror next?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The IMDB forums can be a stinkhole, so it's nice when something good happens like the recent mass banning of racists from the Fantastic Four 2015 message board.

Edit:
Thread title reminds me of Diablo. That game was dope.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I was recently browsing Ebay for skulls and found out that you can buy actual human skeletons and spines online. They are like crazy expensive.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The MSJ posted:

The IMDB forums can be a stinkhole, so it's nice when something good happens like the recent mass banning of racists from the Fantastic Four 2015 message board.

Edit:
Thread title reminds me of Diablo. That game was dope.

In Diablo 3 there's like a 75% chance of a skeleton being inside any barrel you break open. They're just sitting in there, for years, waiting for some dummy to open up their barrel and get spooked.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anyone seen and formed an opinion of the movie Blood Ties?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My fiancee's asking me to go see Cinderella this weekend. Would it be wildly inappropriate if I yell "THE KING IN THE NORTH!" every time Robb Stark comes on screen?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

C-Euro posted:

My fiancee's asking me to go see Cinderella this weekend. Would it be wildly inappropriate if I yell "THE KING IN THE NORTH!" every time Robb Stark comes on screen?

Ya. Instead yell "I LOVE SKELETONS".

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Technically, most films, including Cinderella, are filled with skeletons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

C-Euro posted:

Today I learned there's a new Cinderella movie coming out.

Unrelated: As Above So Below was pretty good. I liked it. It was spooky. I also liked that Ginsberg from Mad Men was in it. Mad Men rules and Ginsberg also rules.

• Locked thread