Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Well, my new year of movies is off to a stellar start with Maximum Ride. Boy, howdy, this is a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Hostile V posted:

I totally forgot the new Resident Evil movie is coming out this year. I should watch that.

It's the push I need to watch all those movies. I love the first two, but I've only seen those.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
The 13 Hours Street Fight Radio episode with the Chapo guys is great

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Oh, those wacky Catholics.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

Well, my new year of movies is off to a stellar start with Maximum Ride. Boy, howdy, this is a piece of poo poo.

Should have watched Premium Rush instead.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Should have watched Premium Rush instead.

I really should re-watch that. I remember it being a much more than confident schlock exploitation thriller.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I started the year with Tokyo Story, and I fear it's all downhill from here.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Welp I'll tell ya, if they wanna make it through the playoffs Seahawks gotta play better than they have been the last..... six weeks?? jeez

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I swear to God, Seahawks are the worst good team in the NFL

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

K. Waste posted:

I really should re-watch that. I remember it being a much more than confident schlock exploitation thriller.

Uh what it's the JGL movie about riding bikes

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

K. Waste posted:

Ugh, there was a movie of that? I read the first three books and they were bog-loving-standard "~SPECIAL TEENS~ being hunted by a secret society" nonsense written by James Patterson, a dude who does not really know how to write books for teens/kids. I can't imagine how loving godawful the movie must be.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I swear to God, Seahawks are the worst good team in the NFL

The Chargers lost to the Browns dude.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hostile V posted:

Ugh, there was a movie of that? I read the first three books and they were bog-loving-standard "~SPECIAL TEENS~ being hunted by a secret society" nonsense written by James Patterson, a dude who does not really know how to write books for teens/kids. I can't imagine how loving godawful the movie must be.

He didn't actually write those, he like hosed with the manuscript and got his name on them because his name sells, which is what he does with all those books he does with someone else

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He didn't actually write those, he like hosed with the manuscript and got his name on them because his name sells, which is what he does with all those books he does with someone else
Imma still blame James Patterson for those books being poo poo because gently caress him still.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I started the year with THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE. The first two thirds are great, but the last act is... Less so.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Uh what it's the JGL movie about riding bikes

It's a crime thriller prominently featuring extreme urban sports, that's its 'exploitable element.'

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
First films of 2017 was a double feature of Slumber Party Massacre and Intruder (1989). Already got this year by the balls I tell ya.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
TCM is going Hitchcock for New Year, so there's that.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I'm gonna kick 2017 off the right way by finally watching The Running Man to give myself an idea of what the rest of the year is gonna look like.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

TrixRabbi posted:

I'm gonna kick 2017 off the right way by finally watching The Running Man to give myself an idea of what the rest of the year is gonna look like.

Collect keys to enter the Pleasuredome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LesterGroans posted:

I'd argue that Unfriended was designed to be specifically watched on a laptop.

This is the first film I can think of that you need to watch in HD, because at anything lower it loses most of its effect

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why the gently caress would you watch anything not in HD

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Plenty of people have watched movies on VHS or DVD for decades. You can watch plenty of movies now in 720x480 and you're still getting the same basic experience. Unfriended has a lot of onscreen text that is illegible at SD resolution

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

What are the worst hays code mandated endings? Ima nominate The Letter

The best is almost definitely Detour.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

I ended the year with Green Room and, uh, holy gently caress.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

DeimosRising posted:

What are the worst hays code mandated endings? Ima nominate The Letter

The best is almost definitely Detour.

I'm fond of The Bad Seed's.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Plenty of people have watched movies on VHS or DVD for decades. You can watch plenty of movies now in 720x480 and you're still getting the same basic experience. Unfriended has a lot of onscreen text that is illegible at SD resolution

Plenty of people pierce their junk. It doesn't mean it's a good idea.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"junk" here referring to genitalia not garbage.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I continue my project to try to find out which of the They Shoot Zombies list is on Youtube.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I continue my project to try to find out which of the They Shoot Zombies list is on Youtube.

I was working on seeing what's on Shudder since I can stream that reliably at work while i do data entry

Let me know what you find on YouTube, I'm exceptionally lazy and want to keep working on this

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

people also used to own other people and make them work for free, so lets not revisit the sins of the past

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Alright, new thread names, what do the people want?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FreudianSlippers posted:

We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party.

No way baby, let's go!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Free is when you don't want to do nothing or pay for nothing, we want to be free.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

Dickeye Settled Down
The Passion of the Dickeye
The Matt Foley Sound Machine
Franklin
Suck My Balls Cop I'm Not Being Detained

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

GenChat: Dickeye Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
GenChat Cousin Dicko let's go bowling

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Le chat general, 23 Commerce Quay, 1080 Brussels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

This chat made $0 at the box office so it sucks.

• Locked thread