Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Since we're talking skeletons, our Youtube of the night is a song by SomethingAwful's own Cataphract (and his friends):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_v9H24PfY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Yeah, pretty much. But we're less than a page into skeleton chat and most of us feel ugh already.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Y'all, this is going to be the greatest loving movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F540eW4fs9Q
:circlefap:

drat right this is going to be awesome. I just bought my tickets for opening night for this one, but that's still 3 weeks away :argh:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The only good skeleton is a dead skeleton. Or Red.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

DetoxP posted:

Holy poo poo I just got pulled off a waitlist so now I have a third interview. In five days. Over 1500 miles away. This is uh... a surprise.

A very expensive surprise.

Is it in Ontario?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

New Kendrick Lamar album: Dope

Seriously though, I listened to it on my way home from work and it's really good. Tons of good hooks, good jazz sound, name dropping of Killer Mike, angry, angry, lyrics. This is good stuff.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Before I quit my job at an AT&T outsourced call centre they were really aggressive about renewals, and I can confirm what Geekboy is saying about how it was unrealistic. This was in 2004, so I can only imagine it got worse over the years.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I just googled Robert Durst and the first result is an AP correction stating that he is not a former member of Limp Bizkit.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

TrixRabbi posted:

I really didn't like Foxcatcher at all. It felt like it was going for this dour, oppressive atmosphere but it fell flat.

It's a really dull movie. It definitely goes for a dour atmosphere in terms of its lightning and the silence. It's a good story, it's really well acted, but I don't think I'd ever watch this again and I really wouldn't recommend it to many people.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Land of the Dead pretty much meets the threshold for okay. It's worth a watch, but it's nowhere near as good as Romero's previous films. I saw it in the theatre when it came out and I've never had the desire to revisit it. It's still the last zombie movie Romero made that's even worth watching though.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Wanna get a really expensive and fancy business card that just says "8===D"

That'll happen when the 4 Chan generation remakes American Psycho.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I just found out that Crash had a spin off series that ran for 26 epiosdes and that Dennis Hopper was involved. I'll readily admit that I'm not always the most up to date guy for pop culture, but I'm genuinely shocked that I had never heard of this until today.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

MMA is great what are more legally sanctioned bloodsports I can watch that feature people getting knocked the gently caress out via kicks off a cage wall?

Don't settle for one on one fights. 4 on 4 fights are where it's at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Sexualized pizza. Now I've seen everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhnt8-iKSZw

There's a mostly forgotten toy series from the late 80s called Food Fighters. They were just action figures that were food themed. This is what would have happened had that toy series taken off.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

I really need to watch all of The X-Files, I've only seen the first season, scattered episodes, and the first movie, all of which I love.

Slenderman is exactly the kind of thing Mulder and Scully would investigate.

"Mulder, I've traced the origins of slender man to the Something Awful forums. Weird place. Something called a "Granos" here"

"Call the police Scully!"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls076215234/?ref_=hm_top_lk1#1

Lists like this speak less to how good recent movies are and more to how stupid the IMDB top 250 is.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

The world isn't ready for a grimdark Egghead.

Yes we are.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

We'll need Calendar Man first.

I think they made him from already. He went from a holiday themed thief to a holiday themed serial killer.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

It's been so long since I read Long Halloween that I couldn't remember how Calendar Man was protracted (aside from obvious red herring). My Batman knowledge is mainly related to the Arkham games and the movies.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I don't think I'd pay more to see a renowned bad movie on the big screen than the cost of a rental, so really $3-$6.

With that said, I do tend to see new films on opening weekend, and if the movies turns out to be bad then I've wasted $11-$15.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Noxville posted:

If it makes you feel any better, it'll probably win trophies at the MTV Movie Awards.

Normally yes, but the MTV awards will go to Star Wars, Avengers 2 and Hunger Games.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Darts is the weirdest sport to watch. It's WWE style pageantry for a sport that most people only play when drunk.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

1995 also had Seven, Babe, and The Brady Bunch.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

having seen it, it is certainly a Leprechaun movie

I've never bothered watching a Leprechaun movie. Are any of them worth a watch, or do the titles pretty much tell the full joke?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I've only seen the Demonic Toys where they fight the puppet master. It was terrible. I saw a big DVD set at Wal Mart with like, 12 Puppet Master/Demonic Toys movies and even though it was cheap there was no way I'd ever subject myself to that poo poo.

If the Leprechaun movies are mostly comparable to Demonic Toys, then I feel comfortable in avoiding these.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Hooray, the Criterion I ordered during their spring sale finally arrived!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've heard good things about Wolfcop and I personally love the recent remake of the Wolfman.

ANCIENT GYPSY LORE

Wolfcop is okay, but he's more like Teen Wolf than a traditional werewolf.

The werewolf in The Monster Squad is cool.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Could be a sign you were some high-up nazi in a past life. Who knows, maybe even Hitler!

Hitler's still alive. He lives in Argentina.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Wolfcop is a strong contender for worst movie of the year. It's really, really bad - and not in a fun way at all.

It's not all bad - he has sex with a chick dressed as red riding hood in a prison cell while a Gowan song plays in the background. If not for 300 part 2, this would have been the best sex scene of 2014.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Hbomberguy posted:

e: So Wolfcop. What is bad about it?

It's more of a movie that doesn't have anything to say. I compared it to Teen Wolf, and that's really what it is. Tiring into a werewolf does not affect his personality or anything, it just makes him a superhero.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

I really want to watch Tokyo Drift, but I can't watch it on cable, and HBO Go doesn't work with PS4, so I have to watch it on my Xbox, which I hate because it's noisy as gently caress.

Brooklyn 99 is good, too.

You can use hola unblocker and watch it on Canadian Netflix.

Going to Canadian Netflix to watch something...I feel like I'm in the twilight zone

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

drat does apple whiskey ever suck. It's way too sweet. Does anyone know what to mix this with? Sprite wasn't a good choice.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

morestuff posted:

Why wouldn't you just drink it straight?

I prefer to mix, but that's probably what I'll have to do with this.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

This show needs to give me a better view of Daredevil in costume so I can take about the design goddammit. That's like half the fun of this show for me. The other half is hoping Fisk wears purple pants.

How many episodes in are you? Is this show worth watching?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

The apocalyptic scenario in Van Helsing is what happens when The Monster Squad goes too far.

This never would have happened if he just kicked the wolf man in the nards.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

If there's a delivery charge, do you still need to tip?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I always figured delivery surcharges were just used for the delivery drivers. I usually tip a few bucks anyway though, because I wasn't 100% sure.

Servers here are usually paid minimum wage, and tips supplement their incomes. How much they make in tips really depends on the type of restaurant they work at.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

axleblaze posted:

In my opinion, my beard is good and it makes me happy. I trim it down when I have job interviews and stuff but I don't like getting rid of it completely. I know looking like a big scruffy viking guy isn't really fashionable but without the beard I just look like a shaved big scruffy viking guy, so I might as well go with the option I enjoy.

Big scruffy beards are pretty fashionable right now. Big bears, parted hair, and flannel shirts.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Like Doc Ock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Is Carl's Jr any good? One's opening near my house soon.

• Locked thread