Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime

for owning a tv, even if you don't own a tv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beitragsservice_von_ARD,_ZDF_und_Deutschlandradio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

good

Dr Cheeto
Does this mean their public radio stations don't constantly have to beg listeners to donate money?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dr Cheeto
Cause public broadcasting services are a necessity in a modern democracy and the fact they constantly have to ask me for a few bucks is sad

----------------

Pizzatime

yea and it's especially great for you as an individual if you don't listen to the radio or watch tv

alnilam

I'm in the US watching deutsche welle for free thanks for the donation pizzatime :twisted:

fuck. marry. t-rex

I don't consume media. I don't own a TV. Streaming is for the birds. I wrap all my antennas in lead sheathing to keep out the radios, and I do my pipes as well in case some jokester sets up a crystal fm.

fuck. marry. t-rex

When someone tries to talk to me about a show I shut my eyes and yell so I don't consume it vicariously...

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
in america taxes are illegal bc of the boston tea party

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fuck. marry. t-rex

I canceled my Internet and sleep on a mound of classic literature and textbooks in my spacious closet.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Back when I used to go outside, sometimes I'd be driving and looking out the side windows. Well the long panning view made me think of the intro to a city cop show or something- that's when I closed my eyes and lost my license.

At least I don't pay TV taxes anymore because I don't have an income.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Could people please spoiler their posts regarding tv, as a Luddite I've been triggered many times already

A Tin Of Beans

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

When someone tries to talk to me about a show I shut my eyes and yell so I don't consume it vicariously...

Luvcow posted:

Could people please spoiler their posts regarding tv, as a Luddite I've been triggered many times already

did you know the reason they call them "spoilers" for tv shows are because your brain and your thoughts will be spoiled, if you hear about tv or tv programming at all

Senior Management

I think I remember Germans complaining about it on reddit or something and they just applied to to everyone because going door to door and asking ended up in a lot of lieing.

:jerry:

google THIS

and here I thought that hitler was dead

google THIS

there's a law in the United States where you literally have to pay a percentage of the value of your property to support local schools even if you don't have a child

Senior Management

If a very nasal congested poster takes a dump alone in the woods does it make a smell?

:jerry:

joke_explainer

you benefit from having an educated society, and little taxes like that are all chunks of it. i hate when libertarian isolationists are like 'i don't benefit form public education!! nor roads!! i don't drive!' but like, not having 250 million completely ignorant of the world roving cannibals tearing up your roadless wasteland is beneficial to your life in ways you don't even realize

Pizzatime

google THIS posted:

there's a law in the United States where you literally have to pay a percentage of the value of your property to support local schools even if you don't have a child

and tv is exactly as valuable as schools so you're absolutely right

joke_explainer

Pizzatime posted:

and tv is exactly as valuable as schools so you're absolutely right

never heard of educational tv??

Pizzatime

joke_explainer posted:

you benefit from having an educated society, and little taxes like that are all chunks of it. i hate when libertarian isolationists are like 'i don't benefit form public education!! nor roads!! i don't drive!' but like, not having 250 million completely ignorant of the world roving cannibals tearing up your roadless wasteland is beneficial to your life in ways you don't even realize

I don't think bullying me into giving an institution 500€ for a service I do not use is beneficial to my life

Pizzatime

we also have forced healthcare over here. it's just great to be obligated by law to spend a large sum of money monthly that you can't afford for services you do not need.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

in the uk we too have a TV licence fee

yoober

if the taxes are too much just go on the german welfare it pays like $20k + housing its insane

Pizzatime

just great

fuck. marry. t-rex

Pizzatime posted:

I don't think bullying me into giving an institution 500€ for a service I do not use is beneficial to my life

I'm going to bully you into giving me your lunch money

joke_explainer

Pizzatime posted:

it improves the lives of some people around you, in turn making your life more pleasant, safer, secure, and economically stable! you certainly benefit! the exact same is true of healthcare: having a fully functional healthcare system means less people falling through the cracks, so you benefit (more healthy customers to use your business, more healthy workers if you're a business owner, in general its far more expensive to have a sick person than to keep people healthy for a society)

its just how like, its cheaper for the government to buy homeless people houses instead of pay the costs of having them on the street.

Pizzatime

joke_explainer posted:

it improves the lives of some people around you, in turn making your life more pleasant, safer, secure, and economically stable! you certainly benefit! the exact same is true of healthcare: having a fully functional healthcare system means less people falling through the cracks, so you benefit (more healthy customers to use your business, more healthy workers if you're a business owner, in general its far more expensive to have a sick person than to keep people healthy for a society)

its just how like, its cheaper for the government to buy homeless people houses instead of pay the costs of having them on the street.

so what you're saying is, time to start a business

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
here you litterally have to pay money for stuff, even if u dont want to

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stormyish

you know with libertarianism or whatever, we'd have jetpacks or flying cars or whatever Obama is taking away from us

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Going to move to Somalia and finally live that sweet libertarian life I've selfishly always dreamed of

Stormyish

big government is holding us back, trying to keep us from harvesting the greatest form of libertarian food, Soylent Green

i am he

Nosfereefer posted:

here you litterally have to pay money for stuff, even if u dont want to

lol

Al Borland

by XyloJW
lol who watches TV?

----------------

Pro Target

Pizzatime posted:

yea and it's especially great for you as an individual if you don't listen to the radio or watch tv

Cry about it more, loser

heard u like girls

this world is so corrupt

----------------

heard u like girls

Pro Target posted:

Cry about it more, loser

gently caress off fatty

----------------

google THIS

buy a tv, problem solved

Awesome!