Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which fight are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
Pettis/RDA 31 26.27%
WMMA belt 11 9.32%
Hendricks/Brown 42 35.59%
Nelson/Reem 34 28.81%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

God you people are lazy

Two titles on the card, so a gimmick snack rating: 2 ingredient cake

Weigh-ins today, prelims tomorrow at 6:30 ET.

Realtalk: This card should be fun as hell, hang out in #mma on synirc for all the :tviv: play by play and vote on who you think will win thanks to minip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Nutella and eggs? :stare:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm here for C M PUNK

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Well, there's still a little over 24 hours for this stacked card to fall apart due to injury.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cariaso says he's not going to fight if Cegordo doesn't make weight, so if the card loses a fight it's going to be that

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
that's a hell of a card

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope josh copeland wins, i don't mind what happens in all the other fights

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i hope josh copeland wins, i don't mind what happens in all the other fights

same but i do care about some of the other fights, since they will be good to watch

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Copeland is lucky he's a heavyweight. He's almost guaranteed to get a 3rd fight if he loses. Like, Roon Potter got 3 fights, and he got savagely finished in all of them. At least Copeland was fun to watch in his first decision loss.

Then again, I guess there's a market for trashweights who make a habit of getting savagely finished.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

same but i do care about some of the other fights, since they will be good to watch

i think a bunch of them will be good to really good, i just don't have a horse in the race, except when it comes to Josh "Huggy Bear" Copeland. in addition to him being cool i feel bad for him because he said to joe silva that he'd fight anyone on the roster except rosholt because they're friends :(

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Any recommendations on where to watch this in NYC? Manhattan specifically but I'm willing to venture.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for real though, cruickshank (plz don't rob me of a cruickshank fight again, eyepokes) and ross pearson on the undercard is godlike. either of those fights could take fotn.

if roy nelson beats overeem i'll be so happy

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I've watched over ten Cruickshanks fights and my brain consistently refuses to remember anything about him other than "He's the one who looks kind of like Michael Rooker"

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Joseph "the last man to beat conor mcgregor" duffy debuts on this card

The only thing I remember about cruickshank is he throws a lot of spinning stuff and that John Makdessi compared fighting him to fighting a cat because his body was covered in scratches after the fight was over

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

fatherdog posted:

I've watched over ten Cruickshanks fights and my brain consistently refuses to remember anything about him other than "He's the one who looks kind of like Michael Rooker"

his fights are usually a lot of fun tbh

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

origami posted:

Any recommendations on where to watch this in NYC? Manhattan specifically but I'm willing to venture.

Mulholland's in Williamsburg is decent. Probably where I'll be.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

fatherdog posted:

you should remember them because they are good

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

The Duck of Death posted:

Mulholland's in Williamsburg is decent. Probably where I'll be.

watching mma in Williamsburg sounds like the worst thing. Really doing anything in Williamsburg sounds like the worst thing.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
If nothing else you should remember the last time Crookshanks fought because his tear duct was savagely torn from his face as we watched in horror

THRILLED 2B HERE
Jan 14, 2006
I hope Cejudo makes weight, I want to see his fantastic hair bounce around seemingly with a life of it's own.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

fatherdog posted:

um

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

I don't even remotely understand what this guy was trying to do to defend against this kick, was he dropping his guard thinking it was a body kick?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't even remotely understand what this guy was trying to do to defend against this kick, was he dropping his guard thinking it was a body kick?
cause cruickshanks had been throwing the body kick before that?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I bought tickets to this show and while i know enough to like the main card i dont know anything about anybody on the prelims is it even worth my time to show up for them or should i just get drunk in downtown dallas for a couple hours?

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 13, 2015

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
drink early and watch all the fights. it's the whole point of going to live UFC.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

oatgan posted:

I bought tickets to this show and while i know enough to like the main card is it even worth my time to show up for the prelims or should i just get drunk in downtown dallas?

Go and show some support to the fighters, pick one and pretend you are good biggest fan, but don't let it become you, I learnt that lesson the hard way

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

I bought tickets to this show and while i know enough to like the main card i dont know anything about anybody on the prelims is it even worth my time to show up for them or should i just get drunk in downtown dallas for a couple hours?

Josh Copeland is a tubby fellow who goes by the nickname "Cuddly Bear". Root for him. Also, Sam Stout is going to get his brain scrambled even more. He's going to have eggs coming out of his ears by the end of the fight. Actually, the prelims as a whole look quite good.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

oatgan posted:

Id skip the opening WMMA fight, but watch the rest of the prelims

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cruickshank owns and so does this card, top to bottom.

That cake does not own though, it's a goddamn nutella quiche and anyone who eats it should feel bad about that :colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I have selected one fighter totally at random whose success i will use to measure the entire night and that man is Jake "The Librarian" Lindsey

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
only eggs and nutella? sounds suspicious

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Bubba Smith posted:

drink early and watch all the fights. it's the whole point of going to live UFC.

I find this trend of drinking to watch MMA deeply concerning.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Real excited for a Rosholt fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember to get your Goonweight picks in! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702701#post442473472

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus Christ Duffy's tattoo

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Babby Pettis looks pretty gaunt

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Copeland had a fantastic smirk while weighing in for no particular reason I can discern

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Babby Pettis looks pretty gaunt

He was on weight like days ago, so i guess he just always looks like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Copeland had a fantastic smirk while weighing in for no particular reason I can discern

It's because he's A Cuddly Bear.

canada jezus posted:

He was on weight like days ago, so i guess he just always looks like that.

Something about his midsection looked pretty off. "On weight" a few days out doesn't mean he's 126 a few days out, just that he's about where he figures he needs to be to be 126 on time.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 13, 2015

• Locked thread