Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I'll swap between Gough tirade and ODC for a hammer, nobody else.

Reasons you're after two confirmed townies and one confirmed deputy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
ODC I forgot that you did the statistics thing. I'm just still shocked at your reasoning for voting for Kat, although given that the stat list was your contribution I can see why you wanted to use it. Consider yourself off my "people I'll vote for today" list, for now.

Mith's endorsement of it though remains super suss and I don't like her one bit.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Reasons you're after two confirmed townies and one confirmed deputy?

Where are you getting 'confirmed' from again?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I am leaving for work at 11-ish and won't be home til like half an hour before hammer

Tirade posted:

ODC I forgot that you did the statistics thing. I'm just still shocked at your reasoning for voting for Kat, although given that the stat list was your contribution I can see why you wanted to use it. Consider yourself off my "people I'll vote for today" list, for now.

Mith's endorsement of it though remains super suss and I don't like her one bit.

My reasoning was that at the very least we could narrow it down? IDK I've spent the entire game in a haze of frustration.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mithranderp posted:

I am leaving for work at 11-ish and won't be home til like half an hour before hammer

My reasoning was that at the very least we could narrow it down? IDK I've spent the entire game in a haze of frustration.

This was also my reasoning, in addition to having contributed the list, and that I honestly 200% was SURE Kat was scum.

It went pear-shaped from there, though.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Everybody just needs to give peach a chance

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Gough Suppressant posted:

Everybody just needs to give peach a chance

##love Gough

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Townies can't be 100% sure of anything except their own innocence, let alone 100% sure of another's guilt. Let alone 200%. What a thing to say

Just vote and get it over with

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Townies can't be 100% sure of anything except their own innocence, let alone 100% sure of another's guilt. Let alone 200%. What a thing to say

Just vote and get it over with

I'm voting for Anidav.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Because you're scum and want to split the vote

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Oh also I'm on the way to my nieces birthday party so I may be gone for a while. I am not voting at all today and I encourage you all to do the same.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Because you're scum and want to split the vote

You make bold claims, but they're lies.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Where are you getting 'confirmed' from again?

We're not confirmed yet. But I trust Gough's claim absolutely because his result on d2 lined up with my own role. And since he claimed first, making up results and saying that he was unsuccessful on me would have been a massively bold thing to do. Gough is town.

Look at the interaction gough and I had on d3: gough was unsuccessful with his n2 action, and, thinking that he was the cop, I told him to move on. I figured that if he had targeted me he'd get the message and not waste another night trying to investigate me when I'd be leaving again on n3 too.

N3, I'm targeted by the actual cop and am forced (kinda annoyingly) to roleclaim. MMG's story was rock solid to me because it was corroborated by my commuting and so I believed him 100% yesterday.

Finally, consider this: scum don't need to build a really loving long narrative in order to win today, so me typing all this out on the phone is pretty wasted effort on my part. If I was scum I'd just join in on the gough train today and be done with it.

It's George W Bush time, motherfuckers. You're either with Gough and I or you're against us.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Oh also I'm on the way to my nieces birthday party so I may be gone for a while. I am not voting at all today and I encourage you all to do the same.

This is a stupid idea.

Voting GS is also a stupid idea. If he IS our town doctor, just as MMG REALLY WAS our town cop, why the gently caress would anyone want to get rid of that possibility?

An ODC vote is maybe a good idea. What reasons have you got, Sulla?

An Anidav vote is the best idea of all.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Lol we're hosed.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't mind being lynched, if you don't mind st least checking out Gough's theory tomorrow. I'm vanilla. Got nothing to contribute.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##unvote
## vote anidav

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm at least another name off my list :shrug: ##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

black_tangled posted:

##unvote
## vote anidav

Please, vote for me.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm the Hammer Bro. gimme that hammer.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hello friends ##vote Gough Suppressant

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

This is a stupid idea.

Voting GS is also a stupid idea. If he IS our town doctor, just as MMG REALLY WAS our town cop, why the gently caress would anyone want to get rid of that possibility?

An ODC vote is maybe a good idea. What reasons have you got, Sulla?

An Anidav vote is the best idea of all.

An ODC vote is looking increasingly like a bad idea too. Tithin's role was town statistician. A deputy statistician (who we can fairly safely assume is also town) was used on n2, and only ODC has claimed responsibility for using it. He town.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

bell jar posted:

hello friends ##vote Gough Suppressant

. . .

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Now how crazy is the false innocence claim?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

black_tangled posted:

Now how crazy is the false innocence claim?

Tbf, he does not actually read the thread.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Gough Suppressant (4): Sulla-Marius 88, Splode, black_tangled, everythingWasBees, black_tangled, bell jar
Tirade (1): Kommando
Old Dirty Cumburgs (1): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Anidav (1): Tirade, Sulla-Marius 88, Tirade, Sulla-Marius 88, black_tangled, Old Dirty Cumburgs, black_tangled, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs, black_tangled
Fruity Gordo (1): Tirade, Kommando, Kommando
everythingWasBees (0): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Gwynplaine (0): Sulla-Marius 88, Sulla-Marius 88, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs

Not Voting (7): Anidav, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, Lid, Mithranderp, whats for dinner

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 22nd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 1 minute.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Either vote me or don't vote.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No reason to assume statistician role is town as the power itself doesnt help us by more than like 5% off a random vote anyway

Tirade and Gough could both be scum and corroborating each others lies

If you're both town then the game is hosed and who gives a poo poo so why not vote Gough anyway? If one of you is scum then you're both scum along with ODC so why not vote Gough?

And at this point what does Anidav have to do with it? I'm also sus on Mith and have been all game but there has never been more than one vote on her and I wonder why that is? But besides we can only vote one lynch per night so why not go for the player who is going to clinch the scum vs hosed angle once and for all?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Either vote me or don't vote.

Dude I'm loving frustrated too but don't go out like this.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

And honestly I don't know how you guys do it. I have probably written more posts than I have read, let alone analysed and tracked, and I am burnt out. at this point, so close to the end with no real hope left for town, why would anyone not-scum still be dragging around muddying the vote and trying to start a bandwagon on non-event players?

I'm just sick of posting so Im hoping i wake up and we have lynched goufj so we can end this one way or another. If Gough is scum we go tirade and ODC and probably mith but we can sort from there. If he is town we shrug and ask TOML what in the world and then go back to our lives. Otherwise we are wasting time

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav roleclaimed odd-night commuter. He has 0 evidence to back up this claim. Tirade has one confirmed town's evidence (MMG) to back up his claim. While not conclusive, at least it's something. Anidav has a couple people weirdly defending him or distracting from votes for him. IMO there is something weird about Anidav, and it's not just his nut milk.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

And honestly I don't know how you guys do it. I have probably written more posts than I have read, let alone analysed and tracked, and I am burnt out. at this point, so close to the end with no real hope left for town, why would anyone not-scum still be dragging around muddying the vote and trying to start a bandwagon on non-event players?

I'm just sick of posting so Im hoping i wake up and we have lynched goufj so we can end this one way or another. If Gough is scum we go tirade and ODC and probably mith but we can sort from there. If he is town we shrug and ask TOML what in the world and then go back to our lives. Otherwise we are wasting time

Have a drink.

The problem is that, for me, that vote was Kat Delacour. I was SO sure Kat was scum. When they flipped town, I was shocked

At this point, either you're all scum, or no one is.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

##unvote for now, I think.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

everythingWasBees posted:

##unvote for now, I think.

This game's giving me a headache, bees...

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

If you're both town then the game is hosed and who gives a poo poo so why not vote Gough anyway? If one of you is scum then you're both scum along with ODC so why not vote Gough?

Town ain't gonna win from here but we gotta play it out.

Anidav still counts because unlike me his commuter claim hasn't been cross-checked by others, having two commuters that work in different ways is unlikely, and although he's had his head on the chopping block three days in a row he's miraculously dodged death each time.

But despite all of that I don't want to lynch him today. Every time that Anidav was up for a vote, he was competing with other town, and as each lynch approached he's posted as horribly as always. If I was scum and it looked like town were fighting over which town to lynch I'd nudge it away from Anidav, because anidav being alive is a massive distraction for town.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mithranderp posted:

Anidav roleclaimed odd-night commuter. He has 0 evidence to back up this claim. Tirade has one confirmed town's evidence (MMG) to back up his claim. While not conclusive, at least it's something. Anidav has a couple people weirdly defending him or distracting from votes for him. IMO there is something weird about Anidav, and it's not just his nut milk.

Watching everyone in despair is kind of distracting from this - Tirade said they were an everyday commuter and Anidav claimed odd-day commuter before Tirade did. Anidav then went on a rampage yelling about how Tirade's role was impossible but has been silent since then and has not pushed Tirade seriously despite being a direct counterclaim (essentially two commuters on town, even if one is odd and one is always). Tirade has spent a lot explaining how their role clears Gough to a degree, even though Gough can't explain last nights kill when they were on MMG... but in fairness in the last game I was town doctor and kept getting action successful because scum has a ninja unstoppable killer on their team so this game might just be rigged again.

Rather than wallow in despair guys lets vote for the person who has been suss constantly and was counterclaimed yesterday.

##vote Anidav

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

This game has had a particularly high shitpost to content ratio. Gaspy's last transformers game had 20ish players but only half as many pages.

quote:

On the other hand your "I'm just a clueless li'l newbie, oh me oh my" routine is wearing thin.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Lid posted:

Watching everyone in despair is kind of distracting from this - Tirade said they were an everyday commuter and Anidav claimed odd-day commuter before Tirade did. Anidav then went on a rampage yelling about how Tirade's role was impossible but has been silent since then and has not pushed Tirade seriously despite being a direct counterclaim (essentially two commuters on town, even if one is odd and one is always). Tirade has spent a lot explaining how their role clears Gough to a degree, even though Gough can't explain last nights kill when they were on MMG... but in fairness in the last game I was town doctor and kept getting action successful because scum has a ninja unstoppable killer on their team so this game might just be rigged again.

Rather than wallow in despair guys lets vote for the person who has been suss constantly and was counterclaimed yesterday.

##vote Anidav

##vote Anidav

I'm not convinced that you're scum Anidav, but I'm not voting for gough. And at least I'll get some satisfaction out of your death either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
##vote Anidav he's poo poo.

• Locked thread