Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

It’s the end of a long day of measuring the height of random objects for Shigeru Miyamoto. All he wants to do is settle down and play any one of the endless number of great games for the Wii U that he has specifically held back from release because he is a sadist. Our hero flicks past F-Zero Wii U, Mario Power Tennis Wii U, Super Paper Mario Wii U, Bomberman Blast Wii U, Mario Golf Wii U, and even Super Mario Sunshine Wii U. Eventually, he settles on Super Mario Strikers Wii U.

Unbeknownst to Japan’s most famous semi-professional dog breeder, his beloved Shetland Sheepdog Pikku (pictured below) has been up to no good.

Miyamoto-san has lately paid Pikku very little attention, being far too busy working full days and late nights creating, perfecting, and finally destroying HD remakes of countless Nintendo classics. But there’s only so much neglect a dog can take. Today, Pikku’s nerves finally gave way, causing him to assiduously jam an entire CHUM Extra Chumpy maki roll into the Wii U disc drive.

The moment our protagonist - the digital Duce, the electronic El Jefe - inserts disc into drive, the console emits a distressingly moist keening and begins to visibly judder within the confines of the entertainment unit (which is precisely 1.2m tall). Pikku howls in resonance with the console’s cry as motley shards of light puncture the darkness of the TV screen. An ill wind picks up and sends draft manuscripts for an as-yet-unpublished series of Mario/Bowser hentai manga poltergeisting about the room.

Finally, the console grows quiet, the CD tray oozing a steaming mixture not unlike canned Stagg chilli, and Miyamoto leans in: amidst flickering neon swastikas and what looks suspiciously like a logo for NINTENDO OF DIM CARCOSA, a game title can be discerned on the 127” display.

Miyamoto sighs as he draws his Wii-mote. With equal parts delight and fear, he presses “start”.

Inside the game world, the assets begin to load. Mushrooms grow and stars align. The familiar cast of much loved characters emerges from glutinously soiled ROM.

But something has gone wrong! The Wii U was built to handle many things, but not Extra Chunky! Several chips and circuits cry out in horror: “We can’t repel pet food of this magnitude!”

While most of the characters are Clean, having loaded without difficulty, several of them have become Corrupted. If the corruption takes over, the characters will all be wiped and the game will crash, never to restart. But if the corruption can be thwarted - if the Corrupted characters can all be deleted - the Clean survivors will fulfil their potential and give Miyamoto the gaming experience of a lifetime.

Miyamoto stares, transfixed by the loading screen. For him, this pause will be over in a moment. But at the software level, it will last for days.

Game details:

- In this game the alignments are Corrupted (Mafia) and Clean (Town).
- Initially, days start at 9am and finish on 9pm the following day (Melbourne time; GMT +10). Nights then run for 12 hours. This will be adjusted as numbers shrink.
- First day will probably start on Monday!
- Each day will end on the hammer.
- This page has good information about roles. However, the only definitive information about the roles in this game is the information in the PMs from the moderators. If you have any questions about your role, shoot one of us a PM.
- Entry to this game is by invitation only. (If you want an invitation, PM me or Small Keating or post in the thread. Invitations are pretty much only for AusPol regulars.)
- Your moderators for this game will be Those On My Left and Small Keating. Feel free to get in touch with either of us.

Rules:

1) Do not edit your posts. If you do this you will be modkilled.
2) Do not quote or pretend to quote any PM that is sent to you by a moderator. If you do this you will be modkilled. (You may discuss, describe and lie about mod PMs, but you must not quote or pretend to quote directly from them.)
3) Do not post a picture that is included in a PM that is sent to you by a moderator. If you do this you will be modkilled.
4) Do not deliberately post after the hammer has fallen. If you do this you will be modkilled.
5) Do not deadpost. If you do this you will make me very sad.
6) Do not post about this game in the chat thread. If you do this you will be modkilled.
7) You must post on Day 1. If you do not post on D1, you will be modkilled or replaced.
8) If you want to perform a night action, you must PM your night action to Those On My Left by midnight.

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Votefinder link: http://votefinder.org/game/new-super-mario-party-kart-bros

1. Anidav
  2. Asphyxious
  3. bell jar
  4. Bifauxnen
  5. black_tangled
  6. everythingWasBees
  7. Fruity Gordo
  8. Gough Suppressant
  9. Gwynplaine
  10. Kat Delacour
  11. Kommando
  12. Lid
  13. Matthew Beet
  14. Milky Moor
  15. Mithranderp
  16. MysticalMachineGun
  17. Old Dirty Cumburgs
  18. SKY COQ
  19. Splode
  20. Sulla-Marius 88
  21. thatbastardken
  22. Tirade
  23. tithin
  24. whats for dinner

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 18, 2015

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm in and ready to bring shame upon my ancestors!

The invite is cute as hell. :3:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Aaaa, so cute invites!

Yes, I will play new super mario kart party paper something mumble cough ds 3!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Holy mother of god yes I am in

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
omg :kimchi:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Keiran saw the invitation and now he's talking about watching Mario and Luigi time.

Therefore, I am in.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

In!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

This is gonna be awesome!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Can't say no after an invite like that. In!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Let's do this thing!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Nothing could keep me from this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Let's-a go! (in)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Howdy

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm just so happy to be invited :kimchi: I'm in!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm more interested in who wasn't invited.

~awkward~

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
In like dog food in a wiiu :dukedog:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Love the concept.
In it to Gwyn it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

Miyamoto sighs as he draws his Wii-mote. With equal parts delight and fear, he presses the “A” button to start.

Get wiith it, Wii scrub.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
So cute :3 I'm in!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Love the concept.
In it to Gwyn it.

:staredog:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
is this the rap battle game

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
this should be good! (in)

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm a Mario , I'm a gonna win(in)

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Lets-a goooo.

Can I be Alexandra Roiva from an unreleased Eternal Darkness sequel?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kommando posted:

Lets-a goooo.

Can I be Alexandra Roiva from an unreleased Eternal Darkness sequel?

No, because humanity is gone.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgACcUDttQ0

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i remember having animated desktops with xp by turning on web enabled desktops. that was rad to have animated super mario backgrounds

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

I'm in!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

tithin posted:

No, because humanity is gone.

An unmade version of Eternal Darkness then...

actually, thats creepier.

"This isnt happening... this never happened!"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm a Mario , I'm a gonna win(in)

That's Wario... Unless...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhB8XG9_5Rc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Wn48geCJ8

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXPtAVdMIY

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

wuyb

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don't let muyb get the 6 golden coins! Don't let muyb get close to the castle!

Obey wuyb, DESTROY MUYB!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

:laffo:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Mercy, mercy, mercy me.

gently caress yeah, I'm in.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I'm in

Sulla Faex fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If I make it past N1 I'm prob scum you can all have that one for free

• Locked thread