Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm in and ready to bring shame upon my ancestors!

The invite is cute as hell. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I can't remember anything about Diddy Kong Racing except that there was an arena in a volcano, we used to take planes and then dogfight in it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

SKY COQ posted:

Fire Mountain! We did exactly the same thing.

:hfive:

Also good job TBK on breaking votefinder.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Skommando.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MysticalMachineGun posted:

He has though - 4 posts today.

He even quoted you!

What day do you think it is MMG?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Hope you didn't have work today. :v:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

Eh, he can try to demonize me with old citations but anyone who actually reads properly know how quick I am at correcting myself so most of that is just volcanic slur which I can ignore.

You guys want a better town player? Maybe you should stop killing me like this. You can't teach a dead dog new tricks.

You don't have to alive in mafia to learn. You don't even have to be playing.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Mithranderp posted:

...delicious with vegemite?

tbk, drunkvoting day 1 is never not a good idea.

... gonna have to try this.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Mithranderp posted:

I should also add that you should apply liberal amounts of butter with the vegemite.

Hercule: just as insightful and powerful as your posting, ODC

Ooooh, oh. Vegemite on butter makes just about anything great.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Mithranderp posted:

I assume that Beet refers to the potential for scum to take advantage of the general anti-dav sentiment and getting in on a convenient bandwagon day one.

If scum had any brains they would be aware of that as it's been discussed ad nauseum in previous games, and so it's back to wine in front of me.

Get. Out. :bahgawd:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Asphyxious posted:

Beet's probably trying to give Anidav a fair shake of the sauce bottle because the little battler can't seem to catch a break, but fair dinkum I think he's taken it a bit too far and is making himself look dead set scummy on this one. As people have said, there's basically no reason to cover another player unless you're dinky-di scum trying to get town on side or look better once a player flips scum, but stone the crows ol' Beet's just a bit too sentimental at times I reckon.

You could be like me in my first game and be an idiot.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

We've definitely had two scum factions, no town in a game before.

I'm with Beet, his effortposting is going well and my own observations of Gaspy's posting is that it's all over the shop and that's intentional to keep us from profiling him in any way.

##vote Asphyxious

Sorry Gaspy, that post with the Australianisms pushed me over the edge :bahgawd: <-- imagine this with an akubra

Please elaborate with examples.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Asking me to go through all of Gaspy's already prodigious posts is a big ask :)

But here, here's as compelling a reason as any:

First time for everything, I say :haw:

Yeeeeeeah that's scummy as gently caress. You join on a bandwagon saying you have observations of your own,

I'm with Beet, his effortposting is going well and my own observations of Gaspy's posting is that it's all over the shop and that's intentional to keep us from profiling him in any way.

##vote Asphyxious

Sorry Gaspy, that post with the Australianisms pushed me over the edge :bahgawd: <-- imagine this with an akubra

with a bullshit reason added on, and then won't elaborate on your observations and provide a a bullshit reason that wasn't in your original post.

##vote MysticalMachineGun

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

My bad.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

My fear is living to day 4-5, everyone who proved useful is dead, and I have to try to pick scum out from town poo poo posters who have zero cred because they've offered nothing/risked nothing over the course of the game. I think the first transformers game left an impression on me. :v:

Pick a case/poster and offer some opinions. The "day 1 is a wash for town so I'm not gonna bother" posters who have played multiple games and should know better are the worst.

Fruity Gordo has voted for Anidav for no reason and has posted nothing in the way of an opinion on anything.
MysticalMachineGun voted Gaspy on a poo poo reason, then followed up with a worse reason when asked to elaborate. After being called out he responded with a sorta effort post. He quoted Gaspy and still has poo poo reasons imho.
Thatbastardken posts a lot of junk, voted Aspyhxious without providing any reason. I like this as he did it after I called MMG out on it.
Sky Coq says jack poo poo and has tried gotchas based on a( an obvious mistake by MMG and b( a dumb reason to go after MMG.
Milky Moor: I'm pretty sure he has a Day 1 playbook. It's always "I'm town!" and then not posting anything except "I was busy today!".

That isn't an exhaustive list of people who suck it's just some I've picked plus MMG. First off, here's the original call out.

##vote Asphyxious

Tommofork posted:

Please elaborate with examples.

Asking me to go through all of Gaspy's already prodigious posts is a big ask :)

But here, here's as compelling a reason as any:

Aspyhxious posted:

I've only been scum once, and I have literally never been lynched. Boo wity your revisionist history. Boo I say.

First time for everything, I say :haw:

Tommofork posted:

Yeeeeeeah that's scummy as gently caress. You join on a bandwagon saying you have observations of your own,

with a bullshit reason added on, and then won't elaborate on your observations and provide a a bullshit reason that wasn't in your original post.

I still stand by that callout.

Here's MMG's "in depth" response, click on it if you want what he's quoting.

sigh, fine

Gaspy did his best (in between torrents of joke posting) to start a train on Beet:

(one of many posts against Beet)

I voted for Beet because lynching is all we can do as town. Apparently, however, Asphyxious was the :siren:puppet master:siren:

Apparently listening to each other is a scum move now?

Also, his non-serious posting has far outweighed everything else and has been all over the place, making it seem like he's trying too hard.

When Gaspy voted Beet to get him to show, MMG joined in.

##vote Matthew Beet

Until Beet shows up and actually starts participating, at least.

He's now saying Gaspy is suss for doing that.

MMG also couldn't tell what day it is when trying to call out Gaspy for voting Beet as a no-show.

He has though - 4 posts today.

He even quoted you!

This is the part where I'd put in a dramtic ##vote but I already am voting so :shrug:

I also love SkyCoq's :ironicat: response to that last bit btw,

SKY COQ posted:

Gaspy why have you done this. You are usually much better researched.

:allears:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Beet vote was before the Gaspy vote for the record, Tommofork

You're right, my bad. It doesn't change my vote at the moment though.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

SKY COQ posted:

So wait, I'm scummy because I've picked a different reason to vote MMG, but you're voting him anyway?

Yeah that post was dumb though. I kind of thought the time stamps were broken in MMG's original picture and the forum was giving him suss dates. Should have checked further.

Not particularly keen on voting Anidav or Gaspy because it seems too obvious. Anidav always, always gets dogpiled and I don't want to do that. Plus, Gaspy is worth keeping around as a linguist. If he's scum, I trust that a cop will check him out.

Don't really want to pile on Bif, though I could be persuaded on that.

Which leaves MMG and his weird "HEY WHY HAVENT YOU VOTED" post way before deadline while half the thread is at work.

That's not my argument and it's incidental to me that you're voting for the same person I am.

SKY COQ posted:

Pushing for a quick lynch 10 hours before deadline on day 1. As good a reason as we're likely to see today.

I think it's a poo poo reason because it's taking what MMG said out of context and it's low effort as gently caress. MMG wasn't pushing for a quick lynch he was pushing people to vote, like he has done multiple times this game. To call him out on one specific instance of it without relating to the others is troubling.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

whats for dinner posted:

I've been thinking a lot about the picking off the quiet ones strategy, maybe too much

It seems to me like it's the safest possible argument to make because even if quiet players do try to speak up eventually they're not going to have any established credibility but it seems like it's a pretty well established scum tactic. One of the things that has been true of every game I've played is that sometimes I just can't sit down and work out who I want to vote for and why, especially in big games and this seems to be true for a lot of people because the days have been stretched to 36 hours (a good thing imo).

my gut feeling is that MMG is sticking to safe targets and trying to get a bandwagon started on one of them so he gets as little heat as possible on him after D1

I don't want this to just slide by. This is a whole lot of unnecessary words trying to look thoughtful with a tacked on vote.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Also seeing as not many other people have bit, gonna look at Ken's effort post. First up holy poo poo posting a full list is bad. By all means do a full sweep of the field but keep some back.

thatbastardken posted:

OK so I promised some effort posting when I got back from uni so here we gooooooo-

Analysis made at 3:05pm, post made at 4:21pm. Apologies if things changed in the interim.

Please click that for the full text it's obviously trimmed.

Things that are really concerning to me:
Wrong on FG not voting.
Has picked out a couple of possible townies day 1, including me, which makes me very nervous.
Gaspy and ODC are his top scum picks, he thinks Sulla-Marius and MMG are town for casting shade on Gaspy, yet Lid is possibly scum for casting shade on Gaspy without a vote despite Lid going after Gough and clearly saying so.
Has Lid as scum, Lid was the second person to vote TBK, ODC the first. TBK doesn't mention Lid has voted for him in his analysis and it happened hoooours ago.

That's actually more worrying to me than my case on MMG so
##unvote
##vote thatbastardken

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Thanks TOML & SK for the game. Sorry for subbing out early, I was really upset about putting down the cat, but could've kept playing after a break.

I thought there was a bus driver, but as I thought scum bus driver would be the rudest thing ever, they would have to be town and would've role-claimed after things got messy. As no body did something else must've happened. gently caress I didn't even think bus drivers could be scum, it's such a powerful role when scum can plan around it and town has no idea.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Asphyxious posted:

My favourite thing was people starting to say there was NO SCUM. That is a fantastic level of paranoia to reach.

That was amazing. It could be the new reverse death miller gambit.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Also lmao on Bif-beet-gaspy being town on town violence. Ya'll should chill and drop the meta-meta-meta analysis which has been so successful. I wanted to laugh so hard in the other thread but I was afraid of getting bj mod killed by proxy.

Also well done to me for going after the town cop and the town vig.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Those On My Left posted:

Your best bet at that point was to actually make a solid argument for Mith, relying on the possibility that your kill failed because she was bussed. You also really should have pointed out that she was on the statistician's list, while you weren't.

And yeah, that performance also completely confirmed for me something that I already knew: flat out begging to be spared is going to get you lynched in a heartbeat. You can write this off as the town being stupid, but it's the way it is, and as a town player you have to try to work out a way around that.

Bleating. My god the bleating. I wanted to sub back into the game just to lynch.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sorry TBK but I hope you all learned just how paranoid I am when someone thinks I'm town. I'm also of posting lists especially when they've mostly got nothing. No regrets on latching on to MMG when I did and why, but I was fairly sure he was town by the end of the day 1.

I was annoyed d1 because I kept coming to the same conclusions as Gaspy independently. I was like gently caress, I can't post or I'll get lynched for defending/supporting him.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

whats for dinner posted:

Of course, I just mean that the 1/20 v 1/10 thing is a misrepresentation of the actual odds. Statistician would become even more powerful if it was, as someone mentioned earlier, a Mastermind thing where multiple lists will even better increase the odds of finding scum.

That could've been the idea behind having the deputy.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Those On My Left posted:

Ahead of the game SK and I agreed that if the Statistician got killed N1 without getting to use the ability, we would deputise someone. It was never intended that there would actually be two Statistician's Lists in this game.

It would've been great if anyone unlucky enough to be on both lists was turboed.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I said this in GBS but I think smaller/simpler games should be the regular ones and the 20+ player/madness games saved for special occasions.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Asphyxious posted:

*looks around nervously*

*scooches game under cooch with foot*

That is what I saw. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

*reads scum doc*

Ahahaha you guys thought I am good at scum hunting, suckers.

• Locked thread