Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hi folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

nobody said hello to me, rude

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hey b_t :)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

hey bell jar, any thoughts on this whole conundrum thus far?

i've only been reading the thread since my first post but i think beet is scum, just a humble man's opinion

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

##vote matthew beet

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

BJ, why the vote for Beet?

the deadline's coming up and its better to cast a vote than not, plus i already indicated that i think beet is scummy last time you asked. i am just a simple man

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i love-a da israel! wa hooo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i just skipped like 4 pages whatup

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

anyone who cares enough about this game to get upset at it irl needs to take a step back fo reals

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

mafia needs to be played fast and loose. give no reasons for your actions and people can't attempt to use logic to disseminate them. overanalysing everyone's actions makes this type of game unfun

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Boo fuckin hoo.

i will destroy your fresh produce section mayte

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

beet always resorts to pointing out logic flaws and saying things don't make sense when he's scum and he's cornered (in my experience)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lid posted:

12 posts in the thread (replacement)

makes an early bird vote yesterday and never explains it

one liners nonsense each post

then tries to make a case that the person they're accusing is scum because they're pointing out other players argument failures not making sense

i am bell jar

remember when you swore up and down that i was scum for seemingly unintelligble posts but i was actually town

your radar on me is bad because you don't understand my posting style

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Remember when you've voted me every game we've ever played because you thought I was scummy?

*nods*

you did turn out to be scummy last game though

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lid posted:

"healthy harold" krell is here to teach you about dysphasia

wheres the savlon for this lukewarm burn

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

oops i forgot about this thread lol

sorry hambeet i legitimately thought you were scum! i guess you're just annoying when you're town too :D

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

happy to put a vote towards ##vote Seagull unless i get any better ideas.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i like the idea of the statisticians list, it's a fun addition to the game. nice work toml

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

looks like the dead person is still here ##vote Seagull

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i have decided for today. goodbye ##vote Anidav

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Seriously this is record levels of pop in, pop out.

:3:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Gaspy wasn't scum and MMG seems dodgy so that's enough to sway me. ##unvote
##vote MysticalMachineGun

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hello friends ##vote Gough Suppressant

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

##unvote
##vote Anidav

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

what the gently caress

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

##vote Anidav

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Outside of voting for me (Which scum would because I was not part of scum doc) your voting pattern has been NOTHING BUT LYNCHING TOWN.

so has everyone's pattern except when we voted for you

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

lets do an anidav train early, find out whether he's telling the truth, and then lynch mith next if he's clean

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

but it would be funny to lynch you again and isn't that what the game's all about

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

watching you post like a headless chicken is more enjoyable than using logic sorry bud

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

anidav, for the love of mario, never type "trust me" because nobody on this forum does and it guarantees you a lynch.

good game all, v good scumming

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

It's not like you were playing anyway.

i was playing, this is my playstyle. i dont give a gently caress as long as i have fun

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

black_tangled posted:

From now on, D1 Anidav

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

these games don't exist in a vacuum, people are going to judge you based on your actions in past games, its inevitable

also, turboing is the best. turbo every day

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

I agree that it's a marginal improvement right off the bat, but as you say, it's a more substantial improvement later on. It's still pro-town. I also really like its potential to reframe the conversation in a big game, because it can get so unwieldy to keep track of 24 players.

I still want to point out that on the final day of this game, if town had picked from the list they would have had a 66% chance of hitting scum. Even if the list had only one scum on it, it would've given them a 1/6 chance of hitting scum. Those were substantially better odds than they had otherwise, but everyone ignored it.

it's a monty hall problem for sure

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

I was scum for 90% of the game. I guess it comforts your ego to keep blaming town losses on me. Gravedigging helmet chat? Stop.

lol

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

my feedback is don't hate my playstyle just because it isn't yours. detachment from the game helps hide strategy and avoid anger

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

you're absolutely right milky, i don't play to win. i couldn't give a poo poo if town or scum win, that's not important to me. enjoying the game is important to me, and this game was pretty enjoyable for me!

i like watching anidav melt down literally every game because nobody takes him as seriously as he takes himself, i like the metagame and watching people interact with themselves, i like being an element that knocks the boring data collating people out of their groove. its fun and makes the game better imo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

if i played the game with a goal to win, i would be unhappy most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:greencube:

• Locked thread