Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Mercy, mercy, mercy me.

gently caress yeah, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Checking on in! Let's-a-go!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmm...

##vote Matthew Beet

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Do the Mario. . .

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

Super Star Saga is one of the best RPGs ever made :cheers:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Kommando posted:

so much for sweet game cube psychological horror protagonist

Hmm?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Kommando posted:

Looks like a purple pikmin eater to me.

He's the best character in superstar saga, and unlike him, I'm good.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

everythingWasBees posted:

the secret to mario is that most of the main mario titles aren't all that good but the spinoffs are usually pretty fantastic.

3D Land and 3D world tho

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

hey i'm new to mafia can anybody tell me what it means if TOML sends you a PM with a picture of his penis going into a jar of peanut butter

That means you've already won! :D

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

No don't worry, this is just how gaspy plays.He generally finds all the scum by day 2 and then spends the rest of the game trying to convince others to vote for them, without revealing how forensic linguistics works and how he uses it to find them. Then he's lynched because everybody thinks he is scum.

To be fair, it turns out he is pretty often actually scum.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bifauxnen posted:

Nuh-uh, I was always going "man I can't wait to see when he's scum" cause he'd always been town until the Worm game. And before that he'd suggested that being scum would be a major pain for him so that was all the more reason I was anxious to see how the hell that turned out.

To be fair, he's been scum in 50% of the games I've played, and the other 50% was the one he ran.

So by "very often", I mean " I have a comically small sample size"

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I had similar problems when we tried to establish the average dong length of auspol

I can help you with that, as I am the Old Dirty Cumburglar.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

What is this slander?

I've only been scum once, and I have literally never been lynched. Boo wity your revisionist history. Boo I say.

##unvote

##vote Asphyxious

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bifauxnen posted:

Man thinking back to that Worm game though, I'm kinda mad that my clever idea to "interrogate" him only ended up accidentally convincing the masons he was totally legit.

To be fair, one of the masons accidentally muddied the water by suggesting a Framer.

I was a very effective inadvertently traitorous Mason.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

Interesting.

Call it posting intuition.

It's like posting forensics, but more like Spider Sense.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

MysticalMachineGun posted:

While I know we have very little to go on when it's D1 voting for people based on their roles in previous games isn't helpful.

##unvote

##vote MysticalMachineGun

Voting for people based on no information is absolutely helpful. It's day one, the day for throwing poo poo and seeing who comes out stinking.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

I smell as fresh as a daisy, thank you :colbert:

Nice breadcrumb

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Waluigi is god King of Tennis, and Mario Party.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

But Luigi is green and therefore superior.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

everythingWasBees posted:

the mario kart games are the best mario games ever made, save maybe for some of the rpgs and the original paper mario

Thousand Year Door is just as good as the original, actually.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Splode posted:

Is that the one where somebody can "HELPFULLY" spawn in temporary blocks for their team mates to get blocked by and die jump on? It's produced some funny youtube videos but it doesn't look fun to actually play.

That's not how you Mario party

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Kommando posted:

Waluigi is the Mario equivalent of the D&D Elemental Plane of Ooze, serves no function and is only present because the laws of the fictional universe predict its existence.

What even is Wario anyway, necessary evil-mario imo, whats wrong with Bowser?

He's a dark world Mario, reflecting Mario's greed.

Waluigi represents chaos, and the exploitation of like itself. He is also a romantic.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Gough Suppressant posted:

bros 1-3, world, 64, sunshine, new bros, galaxy, galaxy 2, 3d land, 3d world

how can someone say there aren't that many good games from the core mario series :psyduck:

Real bros 2 or Japanese bros 2?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Lid posted:

Wario is said to be greedy but its Mario who runs around jumping and stealing coins from every which way.

Makes you think.

. . .

##unvote

##vote Lid

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

I was going to vote you for liking Lost levels...

But I'm going to make an actual play and vote for Beet.

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
@Gaspy

Quote... Button?

Not sure I understand.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

thatbastardken posted:

I'm a trailblazer, baby!

Lynching on day 1 = pro-town

Votes = lynches

If the votes are broken, there's no lynch...

8 red coins = a star...

##unvote

##vote thatbastardken

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

hahaha it's going to be Anidav again.

Poor anidav. He doesn't catch a break. At least let him pull an anidav first.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

Feigning disbelief now? No there is definitely something divergent in the way you're posting. Most unalike what you've presented before. Certainly inconsistent with your previous offerings, most assuredly conflicting with prior stances you've taken. Unquestionably dissimilar.

*narrows eyes*

##unvote

##vote Asphyxious

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

You know I don't drop my game face for anything. But suddenly telling jokes is a lynchable offence? Please.

Interesting...

So you're telling jokes, but you never drop your game face?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

Yes. Hello, nice to meet you.

Hello! :D I am the Cumburglar

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

Hello! I am your DOOM!

:siren: scum detected!!! :siren:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

:siren: dad detected!!! :siren:

God is in all of us...

Ken is a dad...

Dad= Father...

Confirmed: ken is the godfather, Gaspy is scum.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Asphyxious posted:

But no honestly I am probably shitposting with too great a frequency right now and should probably shaddup and let others talk a bit.

Beet vote was a joke, kudos to those who took it seriously, you're on my list.

One of those was Mith though who's ALWAYS on my list so w/e

##unvote

Now this is interesting...

If I follow your logic for a second: Anyone who bandwagoned on your Beet vote is sus.

But you have no way of knowing whether or not Beet is town at this point.

So, why would anyone who voted for beet suddenly be open for scrutiny? The "strangely quiet" argument is pretty standard for day 1, no?

I'm keeping my vote where it is; this kind of post isn't pro-town.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

Had uni today. I'm here losers.

By the way I'm 80% sure gaspy is scum.

Interesting.

Care to elaborate?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not the only one who felt that way? I dunno. This sudden rush of support makes me feel a little bit like I'm on the wrong track.

##unvote

I'm going to go to class soon, but I'll be keeping track of developments as best I can.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm also interested in those who have voted anidav and their reasons. I'll follow up on them tonight when I've got a chance to sit down.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I think the reasoning is probably "It's day 1, time to vote for Anidav!" probably came up.

It's becoming a bit of a tired joke, though.

Unless Anidav is behind it the whole time. He does have yet to respond to suspicion by having a huge meltdown, which is in and of itself suspicious.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

I'm heading to Uni soon. I'm not going to say I'm super important for Town but I am going to say that an Anidav lynch is usually an effortless start to day 1.

Using my actions from previous games is dumb, Lid wouldn't like it if I voted for him because of his annoying Small Keating language last game - for example. I'm not though; because this is a new game.

Also, the last game that had someone push a hard D1 lynch on me ended up with them both being scum (Kat and Spolde iirc) So be on the lookout for over-aggressive voters.

Of Anidav's post history, this is really the most bizarre.

He leaves the idea of whether or not he's important to town up in the air (not role-calling is good, I suppose), but there's an inherent contradiction:

Anidav insists he should not be lynched because:

An Anidav lynch is usually effortless on day one

BUT

Claims that using past results from a game is not conductive to voting
AND
Points out that in a previous game, the people who pushed to lynch him were scum.

In conclusion: Anidav feels like you should use the prior results of games to exonerate him, but not to condemn him.
Decisive evidence? not hardly, but I feel like it deserves mention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Anidav posted:

Yeah, Beet wrote that book on me. I trust him to understand how I work the most.

Just to clarify, your argument is now "You shouldn't vote for me because I'm bad at Mafia"
?

This is your only post explaining why you aren't a good target for a lynch. You "may or may not be useful" and a fallacious argument about d1 Anidav lynches being wasteful.

• Locked thread