Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

In!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

##vote Anidav

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s03Kco-XQCY

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

:yoshi:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lid posted:

I really shouldn't be in this game as I have never owned a Mario game in my life, even on N64 I didn't have Mario 64.

Wait does Mario Party count? I've seen the newer versions and they seem to emphasise teamwork as opposed to hitting your friends in the face and thats no fun at all.

the secret to mario is that most of the main mario titles aren't all that good but the spinoffs are usually pretty fantastic.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lid posted:

I have seen videos from Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door and it looked fantastic.

the paper mario series is good yeah

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

3D Land and 3D world tho

buy me a copy and then maybe i will sing a different song

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

bees delenda est

I didn't enjoy the Mario platformers much as a kid, and don't enjoy the New Super Mario Brothers games they keep on putting out nowadays.
loving loved Sunshine and 64 though. Especially Sunshine.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

It means he wants you to come to a special party

how come i wasn't invited

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

What is this slander?

I've only been scum once, and I have literally never been lynched. Boo wity your revisionist history. Boo I say.

are you scum this time

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

the mario kart games are the best mario games ever made, save maybe for some of the rpgs and the original paper mario

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

luigi's mansion is close behind

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lid posted:

What about Mario Party's 1-3?

those games should be tweaked a bit and then used as weapons by the military. entire armies decimated by infighting.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Anidav posted:

But it's Auspol so they are all probably at work. Its hard to tell.

Nah I was playing Pokemon D&D, and then I went to bed.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Literally every crew is Matoi's crew, he posts in every crew.

he was our's first :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

holy poo poo i thought first day was usually the vote random person and hope they're scum day. this is a thing. :stare:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

current thoughts on scum is that anidav is bad at mafia, and either matthew beet or cburgs, if not both, are probably scum. because jesus christ you two.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

also i started skimming at some point why're y'all voting for that machine gun person?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Hey bees, are you scum? You gotta tell me if you're scum.

nah im town

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

so uh ##unvote i guess
i'm not sure how people managed to appear scummy on day one but they managed it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I am going to trust you, friend, and hope you trust me when I say that I, too, am of the town.

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bees...

I'm keepin' my vote on MMG, though

He's bandwagon-y, he's overzealous to say "I'm town! Soooo town! Mr. Town of town right here!" and it rings false.

He's right about the bandwagons on day one, though. Usually you don't have enough to perform any sort of linguistic analysis and you don't have any voting record with confirmed town or scum, so you can only really do a random vote. A bandwagon is a good way to guarantee a lynch, which begins generating data for informed decisions, and also is the day where a town lynch is least impactful on town iirc.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

tithin posted:

And seriously, it's 9.5 hours to deadline, why are you rushing to kick someones rear end already.

People are working and doing poo poo. Because it's not midday yet.

excuse you it's nearly 8 in the evening.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think Gwns internet is dying or she's con a trip or something.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

It's Gwyn's birthday today :3:

Ohhhh.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm convinced that Cburgs or Beet are scum so I'm gonna vote for Matthew Beet before I go to bed because that seems to be more likely to get a lynch.
##vote Matthew Beet

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm actually at home sick today and will probably spend some time sleeping. I also found out I have like 5 weeks sick leave accrued because I never take it.

So even though Gough is now setting off some alarms for me with the "oh duh i should have read the ONLY FLIP THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY properly" which screams a little forced to me, as if town wouldn't know they lost their vigilante, I have been suss on bees since yesterdays 'I'm confident beet or ODC are scum' and he only has 8 posts. So until he can come and explain what he meant:

##vote everythingWasBees

The amount of back and forth defense and accusation you two did seemed to suggest that at least one of you had something to hide. Plenty of people were accusing one another on day one but you two stuck out like a sore thumb to me and it was always in a back and forth it seemed.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

So because we were both visibly arguing in the thread, we're both scum?

:confused:

Nah, it was more the intensity with which you two were arguing. It was only noticeable because of the back and forth. I'm pretty certain at least one of you have something to hide, and thus are scum. I'm more inclined to believe it's cburgs than you, but I'd not be surprised either. Still, apparently poo poo happened last night and I need to still read the posts after I went to bed because the entire direction of the attempted lynch changed suddenly, and that seems more promising than any suspicions I might have from gut feeling.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gaspy's read of me is pretty accurate, except I don't skim the thread. I just skipped to the end one day :colbert:
I disagree with your read of Cburgs, though. To me he's done everything that beet has, with the addition of getting himself drunk and probated, and is just as suss, if not more so. I got burned last game by not speaking up enough about Avshalom suspicions and the note, so I'm trying not to repeat that. I'm just not very articulate if that's not obvious :v:

Thanks Gaspy. If it makes you feel better, I was really suss on you day 1, but more and more, I honestly think you're alright. I'm all kinds of confused right now.

My posting style day 1 was both in-character (funny enough) and because I didn't have a lot to lose.

I'm sad to betray my crew brother, but I've got to cast a suspicious gaze towards bees. Bees is hard to analyze right now, because he's not posting much, and he's in an entirely different timezone. But as a dude, bees is also bad at lying, because he's super nice, and I'm a little worried that his thought process is "If I just kinda stay under the radar, I won't have to worry about keeping my stories straight". His first move off the bat was to vote for Anidav (safe), he's not posted much other than fluff since, and he kept his head down.
...which all reminds me exactly how I played my first game of Mafia where I was scum. I followed scumdoc's advice and "tossed a vote on Anidav", made some shitposts, and rode it out.

Maybe I'm off base, but that's the view I'm getting. Bees is probably something like Vanilla Scum

I feel like if I was scum there'd be more flailing effort posts and getting people to try to listen to me.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I am starting to doubt that Beet is scum though more and more (I like the serial killer theory though(, and becoming more and more sure that Cburgs is in fact scum.
so ##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

While that felt like an adequate defense when I first posted it:

-You know me, bees. Do you think getting myself very drunk and posting an anti-furry thread in BYOB (an action that I could not foresee would get me probated, given it's a "no-rules" forum) would really be a cold, calculated move on my part?
More likely than the truth, which is that it was St. Patricks day, and I'm a college student, and beer is hella cheap here, so I got plowed?

-I have nothing to lose. Nothing of value would be gained or lost from lynching me. To wit, I am as Vanilla Town as the day is long. That's why I had no qualms of making myself a nuisance on day one.

Oh no that was just a bad joke. :( You getting drunk wasn't suss at all.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sulla you've seen my posting content, right?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Maybe yesterday but I had to skip about 350 posts today

You have nothing to worry about, not even close.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Following up on Beet's suspicions are a good enough lead as any, and the timing for Anidav's vote fits when you'd expect Scum to start voting en masse.
##vote Anidav

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sorry for not posting earlier, or much at all today, I was taking a final and making sure everything for my transfer to University was all in order and I kinda spent the rest of the day distracted.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If you follow through on my deal and lynch me, you'll see I'm town cop. No counter claims needed.

Im pretty sure if we lynched you today we'd guarantee a losssure, so of you are scuarrown town tharen regardless of role itd be in our best interest bot to test that, even moreso than usual. gently caress this phone not lettinglettingr delete words without suddenly adding in new ones.

Lid posted:

Am I the only one thinking we could be at LyLo and we yet have someone trying to be suicidal? We haven't hit a loving scum yet.

This.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Tirade posted:

Are you pretty confident that Kat is town? Why's that?

Im confused about this as well. Why's Kat confirmed town? UnlesUnless I misread this postpost.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Anidav could be scum or he could just be Anidav? I'm really really not sure.
MMG's role claim seems weird and kinda unprompted but it also meshes with what happened yesterday so I really don't know.
ODC has done nothing to make me believe he's town, and's only seemed scummier as time has gone on. He went from being incredibly active early on to being really rather quiet as well. He's the only one I safely feel is scum right now, so
##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bees is behind it all.

I'll take credit for it, yes.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Tirade posted:

If a solidly likely town is gonna take this view at this point then we're pretty hosed. MMGs death isn't exactly random.

A lot of the scum targets are far too...consistent for what a scum team would do, I guess? For that to make any sense.
Also agreed that Cum's use of the list is scummy, since that is half the player-base and of course at least one of those could be scum. But all the rest of the scum could be on the other list! It could be a list of all town and one scum, so as far as hints go it's pretty much useless.
Sorry for not elaborating last night, I went to bed because it was 1 AM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There's also a good chance that if we're wrong then we lose for not lynching scum, since at this point we probably need a scum lynch every night.

• Locked thread