Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
this should be good! (in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

This is the most tense pre game I've seen, cool your jets guys.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I'm going to beat you with a baseball bat until you calm the gently caress down

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Hello friends

##vote anidav

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sulla why don't you post in the chat thread anymore?

Sometimes I miss the days where the sulla soag menace would leave 500 new posts in the dead of night.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

This is it. this is our chance.

Let's-a go.

hey. forums.user.Asphyxious. does. typing. like. this. upset. your. dark. forensic. wizardry?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Too many nights spent crying in front of a cold uncaring monitor. I've put that all behind me and I'm a new person now. I drink seven glasses of water every day and very rarely masturbate in public

yawn

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

you ever see a forum meltdown... on weed

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I've never played Mafia before is this the sort of post we're expected to make because if so i'd like to vote sulla

No don't worry, this is just how gaspy plays.He generally finds all the scum by day 2 and then spends the rest of the game trying to convince others to vote for them, without revealing how forensic linguistics works and how he uses it to find them. Then he's lynched because everybody thinks he is scum.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

To be fair, I actually seeded the idea of a framer then went "golly gee gosh is that a thing???" when someone took the bait.

I love doing this. Highlight of my mafia career was suggesting there could be a mole in my masonry. There was, it was me. Completely destroyed the trust between the masonry members, preventing them from coordinating effectively while making myself look like the mole couldn't possibly be me. If nobody thought there was a mole why would they suggest it? I felt like Kira from death note.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I was a big fan of Wario in the GBA game. His handling an acceleration was only slightly worse than a medium weight, but he had the benefit of heavy weight bullying (smashed everyone else aside without moving much) + a high top speed.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

The newest Mario Party looks good. You can play as the game master.

Is that the one where somebody can "HELPFULLY" spawn in temporary blocks for their team mates to get blocked by and die jump on? It's produced some funny youtube videos but it doesn't look fun to actually play.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

TIL people actually know mario lore.

(the only mario lore I know is the conspiracy theory that Bowser hasn't kidnapped Peach at all and she lives with him willingly)

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kommando posted:

So Cranky Kong, the original barrel throwing Ape was trying to upset the status quo and bring down the monarchy that ruled over the mushroom kingdom by taking the human princess peach hostage...

moral of the story is to always kill captured royalty

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Hi guys, back from uni. here's my thoughts in the style of XyloJW, a reply to every relevant post in the last five pages

Lid posted:

There are six people with lesser post counts than Beet. Two of them have less votes than votefinder. And you choose Beet.

I smell a fish and suddenly my vote on you for being daisy suddenly makes a bit more sense.

Possibly being deliberately dumb and misunderstanding the argument. Beet is usually a very prolific poster, so it's strange for him to post less. Probably just being dumb though.

Asphyxious posted:

Just flinging poo poo. You're being oddly contrary though.

Bif is always contrary, especially when she's town. You know this.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

whats for dinner has only posted once, and that was prior to game start

One day you idiots are going to learn about Time Zones.

Gaspy's posting is different to other games I've played with him, where apparently he was town.

I'm voting for Anidav because he is a shocking mafia player and always does more harm than good by shutting down town discussions. He is also racist and sexist, and these were perfectly good reasons to turbo Mills in the past.

Anidav posted:

I'm actually alright at mafia, I just gently caress up in roles I've never had before.
He also has no capacity to learn from his mistakes.

Lid posted:

Speaking of which Fruity start posting.

Anidav posted:

I'm noting a slight team silent effect around here too and while I do acknowledge my feedback from using my helmet without much thought you guys should also watch out because we could all get busb'ed again followed up by Mills smug afterthoughts.

Given this is Auspol people might be at work but the busb play is still fresh in my mind.

Some of us have lives outside of forums mafia you dweebs. The mods made the days go for 24 hours so people aren't expected to get yelled at by their bosses etc etc.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

uh Splode, did you mean you read the first 5 pages rather than the last 5?

probably

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

Generally good points, well made too. My posting style has been different every game I've been in though so it's always baffling when people try to point to any kind of consistency.

Interesting.

Have you made a deliberate effort to do this, or are you claiming that unlike the rest of us plebs you're beyond communicating in a particular style?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

Deliberate. Unless I'm missing something:

- spill game: first game, went 100% arsehole to look scummy, overdid it as it turns out.

- Avshalom game: chummy but aloof, wanted to show game one wasnt "me" ,got bumped off early

- Worn: scum: joked around initially but playstyle was very self depreciatiory to play to sympathies

- Celebrity deathmatch: RP'd as milky, generally just paraphrased his posts from earlier games.

- this game: ?????

Just for your excel spreadsheet, I am getting hammered at uni and will be surlier than usual. Getting in character last game as muyb was a piece of cake because everything loving SUCKS

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also the girlfriend woke up too sick to go on the plane so we are going to have to walk away from a flight to Berlin, Paul Simon & Sting tickets, a hotel room for our anniversary, two dinners with close mates, and if we want to salvage the Vienna portion of our trip we will have to buy a whole new flight for €140. Which all would be just something lovely you write off if I hadn't spent the past week telling her to stop loving around and go actually sleep

That is really lovely dude

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah guys, what's for dinner is in the exotic time zone of Melbourne .

Back off.

really? I thought he was a nite crew import, my baaaaaad

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

Go find a random and take them with you. She can stay and rest.

pick me

Matthew Beet posted:

You're obviously a dud root. Hth

nevermind

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

Is nite crew the anime one?

yeah it's Matoi's crew

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

My main issue is that you currently have no way of knowing whether Anidav is worth protecting or not, unless you are scum. At present moment no one (other than scum) has any reason to try to defend another town member. Discouraging people from voting for him is, as such, pretty suspect.

The issue is that it's easy for scum to vote for Anidav without incriminating themselves if he flips town, so you don't get as much data as you would otherwise. HOWEVER, it's no worse than lynching someone at random in terms of "well you can't blame me for that when he flips town", AND you have the added advantage of removing a poster who's sole talent is to absolutely dominate and derail any productive scumhunting until somebody finally kills him.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

##vote Anidav

5'd

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

Only the mods and deaddoc truly know when an anidav meltdown is in full flight

he sent me a shitload of messages via irc once, so I'll let you know

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Has anybody ever run a game where there are no scum at all and the murdered victims are just chosen at random each night? I think that'd be pretty funny

It's discussed a lot but nobody has done it yet. I hope somebody does.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

The only reason I haven't gone with the "classic" play of voting Anidav is that if he makes it to day two he might just post about something other than getting voted out all the time.

Also I am now phone posting so seek your large multi quote posts elsewhere.

Don't hold your breath.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Do you losers ever sleep, Christ.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

That's what bif does on day 1 when she is town? She is trying to freak you out, because in theory you wouldn't freak out if you were town but you might if you're scum and not as cool, calm and collected as beet when he is scum. Not really going to work here bif, gaspy is the vote leader and it's reasonable for him to panic even if he is town.

I'm suss on beet but I have nothing to back that up. Playing with him on my team when I was scum a few games ago was terrifying, if he has a tell or makes mistakes I don't see them.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

It was obvious sarcasm, which you'd know if you read the thread.

You know who can afford to just skim the thread and not read it?

That's right.

Scum.

This is completely wrong.

I can't tell who is scum pushing an agenda and who is just bad at mafia. I'm suss on beet because this is how he played when we were scum team mates. Tearing apart dumb arguments and scum hunting by incriminating townies with bad arguments. Bif and gaspy are both acting strangely but neither are talented enough to be staging their argument, so at least one of them is town.

Gaspy hasn't really presented an argument against coq so that's odd.

Lol @ kommando criticising my Anidav vote. I could explain day 1 voting theory for what must be the hundredth time, but I'm phone posting so gently caress that.

I'll change my vote tonight when bb codes won't be such a daunting proposition.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Multiple day one meltdowns, looks like I'm not the only person suffering from game fatsufferer sniggered at bif posting 'you don't know me man, nobody knows the real me'

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, yeah I know I'm being really emo right now, but goddamn that was a mess. There are so many contradictory narratives constructed around me simultaneously, and Beet tries to case me on "why can't you be yourself"?

Should I go throw some more votes around just to keep up appearances to match some behavior from like 5 games ago, or what? And he came into the game showing up to say "WOW GASPY LOOKS SUSS", hey guess what, that's the exact same thing I said, even came up with it of my own volition before he got here, and now he's trying to act like that was a really strange thing for me to do.

And the worst part is I can't even bloody tell anymore if that's him being crafty setting up the false narrative, or just being dense cause that happens to me a whole lot.

Maybe instead of taking it personally and taking arguments at face value you should consider that perhaps beet is doing this because it's an easy way to look like he is scum hunting without most of the effort. Unless being a huge whiny dramababy is an elaborate scum play in which case I'm going to kill my self. But you do have a distinct tell when you're scum and when you're town. You're miserable and crazy when you're town, and that's why you're at the bottom of my scum list.

Cue three pages of OMG SPLODE SAID SOMEONE IS PROBABLY TOWN ONLY SCUM CAN KNOW THIS ILLUMINATI UFOS!!!!111ONE!!!
:suicide:

##vote Matthew Beet

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gaspy spent all of yesterday talking himself up and is now denying it. Every argument he makes is borderline incoherent.

Anidav has been posting well.

New turbo meta starts today?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

Like she didn't even argue with me in a fun way this time, just went all UGH THIS poo poo AGAIN which makes me kind of hope it's a scum tactic rather than Bif being so joyless.

This is how I feel about this entire game so far tbh.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

We have several people arguing past each other and it's just going to end up being town eating town again, with a few idiots going "lets go after the silent posters". meanwhile the scum, who have post counts exactly in the middle, comment with some inanity as town eats itself. Being town is really frustrating in this game, especially when voicing an opinion immediately opens you up to IT MUST BE YOU! posts.

Then the same people wonder why nobody wants to post anymore.

Good work auspoo.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

I like your style.

I'm procrastinating one of the most boring and frustrating assignments I've ever had to do and it's making me want to kill everyone and then myself, so apologies if my patience is shorter than usual, but there really is some Big Stupid going on itt.

I don't even know what I argued that was supposed to be dumb, especially because I keep seeing arguments I made echoed by people who'd poo-poo'd them on the previous page. For the record, I killed bif last game because I couldn't be hosed picking a new target when bif was partially exonerated.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

Mm. I remember you, like tithin, saying you would take a break but it didn't really work out that way.

it was a big fluffy invitation, how could I say no? (I should have said no).

In other news I am more and more convinced Beet is scum.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

black_tangled posted:

Following up on earlier

Splode
1x effort post which is mainly just slinging poo poo
Being quite insulting? Lots of namecalling
Seems generally annoyed but maybe has something to do with this assignment he's on
Said some random comment about voting coq, like that was a thing, then refused to answer my question on it
I believe he played more constructively and with more effort when he was scum, so at this stage, I am thinking town

didn't answer your question because I skipped the last page of bullshit, sorry. What was it? My only comment about Coq was that gaspy made a bunch of noise about voting for him, but with no actual argument that I could see to back it up. I might have missed it though, I've been skim reading some of the posts made by bif beet and gaspy.

AMA about Engineers Australia's competency elements :suicide:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

Yar I did make a small effort post on Coq at your behest, results are inconclusive.

ok cool, thanks

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Not intended to be in order, just straight from a votefinder post yesterday. I highlighted Milky and Gwyn because folks always want to know who kicked off a bandwagon and who finished it.

In my own defence, note that I did not vote for known town member TBK.

This is a lovely easy scum defence, and your list was dangerously misleading and probably an attempt to capitalise on yesterday's misfire. Scummy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I say all this as someone with years of extensive Mafia experience, naturally

But in terms of my gut instinct I think its helpful to put it out there as:

Reinforcement of gut feelings other townies may have already had but then dismissed because of *~ facts ~*

Wisdom of crowds. Even if scum are deliberately muddying the waters we still outnumber them by this point so we should make the most of collective gut feelings as we have them

This is a terrible idea as it's actually very easy for scum to steer the conversation. Most auspol mafia players will just go along with whatever the louder players say.

• Locked thread