Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

This is gonna be awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm more interested in who wasn't invited.

~awkward~

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i remember having animated desktops with xp by turning on web enabled desktops. that was rad to have animated super mario backgrounds

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Sorry, this game is for AusPol regulars!

Well Harold krell has played three games....

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If we are taking bets on who is gonna meltdown my money is on Sulla.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Sulla never left you pea brained oaf

Harsh.

His register suggests stress, I'd suspect gaspy is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Don't use words you don't understand.

Mode is quite hoity, suggests individual is possibly toity.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You know who has a suspiciously low post count in this game? That's right.

Beet.

You know what he did last time he was scum and wanted to avoid me?

Didn't post.

Put the pieces together, sheeple.

Had uni today. I'm here losers.

Asphyxious posted:

There's no point to anything I do and you should chill out.

By the way I'm 80% sure gaspy is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Early call - are you able to expand on it?

Nah just gut feeling. I picked him as scum day 1 in tithins worm game, tits confirmed it afterwards if anyone remembers. He just tries too hard to be jovial and his posts don't seem natural gaspy to me. Im getting that same feeling.

I could be fried from uni thought and reading 6 pages could mean I'm wrong. I'm a bit today till 8pm so will come back then and re-read.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

After all that, it's "gut feeling"? I'm ashamed at myself for being hopeful at your offerings.

Eh it's all I need. Gut feeling. It's day 1. Let me build my arguments on later days.

Your vote for me and the subsequent " oh haha I was only testing everyone who joined in is ow suspect" is a good ploy, but you'd need to know that I was town to be sure the others were scum. Or was it the other way around? Oh dear!
So which is it mastermind?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm also interested in those who have voted anidav and their reasons. I'll follow up on them tonight when I've got a chance to sit down.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Not to speak for anyone else, but I think the reasoning is probably "It's day 1, time to vote for Anidav!" probably came up.

It's becoming a bit of a tired joke, though.

Unless Anidav is behind it the whole time. He does have yet to respond to suspicion by having a huge meltdown, which is in and of itself suspicious.

The joke vote, whilst tired, I can understand more the people trying to put down an actual reason.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Of Anidav's post history, this is really the most bizarre.

He leaves the idea of whether or not he's important to town up in the air (not role-calling is good, I suppose), but there's an inherent contradiction:

Anidav insists he should not be lynched because:

An Anidav lynch is usually effortless on day one

BUT

Claims that using past results from a game is not conductive to voting
AND
Points out that in a previous game, the people who pushed to lynch him were scum.

In conclusion: Anidav feels like you should use the prior results of games to exonerate him, but not to condemn him.
Decisive evidence? not hardly, but I feel like it deserves mention.

Nah it fits in with my "how anidav thinks mafia works" theory.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Trap sprung

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Has he ever had a chance to?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

He shouldn't have come out saying 'I'm town' in a semi serious way. If anyone else had done that what would the response be? That's a scummy play.

Anidav is disarming because we treat him differently because I guess we think he's terrible. That's not good.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So because he's such an obvious and east target I'm carefully scrutinising people who vote for him. He's a safe target for scum and likely to draw votes that don't get follow up.

I've noticed that Auspol in recent games tend to forget past days conversations targets and votes.

GoldfishPol more like it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

You called that a crappy bullshit play when I tried it on you :v:

But I think I was scum that game, was I not? I'll do anything to not get caught out when scum, except sell my butt.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I thought beet explained to you last time that lying was a bad move

Lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I missed this in my skimming earlier. Interesting. No one but you seems to have cared either. Do you have any thoughts ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I find that interesting, though.

He's not necessarily confirmed town, and there hasn't really been a serious push towards him. In addition, unless he's important to town he is, to our knowledge, just as likely a target as anyone.
In all honesty, if Anidav is scum, then throwing shade on anyone who votes for him would be a pretty good dissuasion tactic.

I'm not dissuading anyone from voting anyone. I'm just trying to encourage people to put real reasons. Those who don't make me curious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I do care about this, and feel like it's a bit suspect.

If he's vanilla town, what's stopping him from speaking his mind, contributing to discussions?

Maybe he can thinks you might vote for him for posting and making arguments? :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think he said SA is blocked at his work.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No one's near hammer, so I doubt it's that.

But I have, perhaps, been a little zealous with my vote.

No it's ok. If it prompts discussion so be it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

In a previous game i made a 4 post effort-post on voting histories and conversations. It was utterly ignored and i was killed that day, vanilla town.

People like to dogpile Anidav because of his auspol personality, woe is he. Then he pulled that nurse bait and switch and we all felt duped... but if you checked the scumdoc he was coached the whole way.

Keeping doing those type if posts. I read them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

I have tangled several times with MM and always lost so I don't* have any thoughts.

*I'm so afraid

Eh you shouldn't be afraid. Anidav's got an equivalent win / loss ratio to milky now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Nope, you were town! Town-aligned lawyer-gladiator I believe. Going all apeshit calling it made-up bullshit with nothing to go on, flimsy argument pushing way too hard, voting me back, you see why I thought I was onto something? :cheeky:

Now granted, you were technically voting for Fruity and not for Anidav, but I thought that should make things all the more suspect, for trying to push an "easy Anidav lynch" when it wasn't even Anidav. :v:

Oh yeah I thought you were scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

They just can't face the horrible truth, Anidav. I still owe you a bottle of Cholula!

Is that like kahlua?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

This was really obvious in the last game as a major problem. Once a day ended it was like it never happened for town cases. They sleepwalked right into LyLo not knowing it was LyLo and completely forgot that Kat Delacour had on a previous day had a mod message saying they were scum announced because Fruity Gordo got a scum hit as cop.

Speaking of which Fruity start posting.

I have no idea how you could put up with your posting restriction for so long last game. I would have been frustrated as.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I agree with BT's interpretation of coaching so now I will pick my scum based on each posters definitions on coaching, feedback and teaching.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Interesting observation ; I come back to the thread and Gaspy has gone quiet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Gaspy said he'd shush up for a bit, but Gaspy is effervescent as always.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Team silent was a thing anidav cooked up one game when he Bif milky and I were scum together. It worked well to distract town towards hunting the silent townies instead. As usual auspol town ate itself.

It's also the sussest thing he's said yet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What's your impression, beet? Is Anidav digging himself a hole, or is this just Anidav living up to reputation?

Honestly I don't know, which lends itself to my original point that he could dangerous.

However this more recent town silent comment when we have like 28 hours is less bumbling more crafted.. Imo anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I also said a game or two back that scum rarely hide behind not posting so I fully expect some scum to try that soon.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kat Delacour posted:

It should be countered by the long days, if someone isn't posting with some consideration when they have 36 hours to find the time they deserve to be called out for it.

Which was part of my thought process behind advocating for it.

:getin:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I just want to draw attention to this: Anidav is actually lobbying off things that never actually happened.

Yeah i saw it. Thanks for trying to look helpful captain obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gough Suppressant posted:

Yeah but from memory after people got distracted by the cop chasing the mod message was never really revisited

Correct, no one came back to it.

• Locked thread