Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Thanks PMom for the votecounts!

Keane and Little Mac were both hanged today. Neither of them put up much of a fight, though, and their corpses both hung limply in the ropes, no sizzling or smoke or fanfare like the previous days executions. Checking Mac's home revealed that he was what he said - a simple peasant who was sick and tired of the chaos of revolution.

:s: Little Mac, Jocasta Marino, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 4. :s:

Keane's home, though, was much more complicated. It looked to be barely lived in, like he had only just recently arrived into town. Under his bed was a set of spying equipment - lockpicks, magical scry-eyes, tight leather gloves, and hearing aids. No normal townsperson would have something like this. Worse of all was when CPig found a secret compartment in the desk that contained a letter from the King himself. It was written in some kind of spies' code, but the implication was clear enough: stop the revolution at any cost.

:s: CCKeane, Carlos Quentino, Spy (king-aligned rolecop), was executed day 4. :s:

It is now Night 4!
Submit your actions!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
With another day beginning, another body was found. This one was the beautiful Pinterest Mom; her body was found stabbed outside her home, wearing a traditional Livireen dancers' outfit. Inside were books and sheets on different dancing routines, but also notes written by PMom proclaiming the ultimate victory of the revolution. When it came to going above and beyond for the cause of the revolution, PMom was clearly a believer from the beginning.

:s: Pinterest Mom, Nilda Sosa, Dancer (revolution-aligned empowerer), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5
:h: With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Tuesday, April 7th, ~11PM EST. That's a kinda tight deadline but I am sure you can handle it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:ghost: La force peut renverser un trône ; la sagesse seule peut fonder une république. Démêlez les pièges continuels de nos ennemis ; soyez révolutionnaires et politiques ; soyez terribles aux méchants et secourables aux malheureux ; fuyez à la fois le cruel modérantisme et l'exagération systématique des faux patriotes : soyez digne du peuple que vous représentez ; le peuple hait tous les excès ; il ne veut ni être trompé ni être protégé, il veut qu'on le défende en l'honorant. :ghost:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So there is town-aligned, mafia-aligned, king-aligned, revolution-aligned, and guard-aligned?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again today. Long live the revolution.

Also, what is up with another anti-town third party. Mafia, King, Guards.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
There was a mistake in a flip posted yesterday. It has been corrected.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So what's up with there being Mafia and King Aligned.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Great so now that PMoms dead and you can all see we were telling the truth, can we scum hunt? I still have *feelings* about somber

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What team sizes seem appropriate?
Would we expect the Mafia and the Kings to be the same size?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amoeba102 posted:

So what's up with there being Mafia and King Aligned.

merk posted:

If you look at precious Ecco games, he loves these competing third party groups with mutually exclusive win conditions that don't NEED to actually impact the classic town/scum dichotomy, but they always do in some way. Sometimes, the third parties are both truly neutral, whereas in this game I think king-aligned is bad and revolution-aligned is good. It's scum+ vs. town+.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chaos, it's a joke because of Ecco's correction.

I get that they're scum+

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Missed your first post somehow, sorry

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Amoeba102 posted:

Chaos, it's a joke because of Ecco's correction.

I get that they're scum+

Hey amoeba congrats on being confirmed town by the revolution

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Thanks Narco.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Narco I'm town, pinky-promise.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Confirmed town/town aligned
Amoeba
ANarc
Merk
TNL

People I'm suspicious of
Somber
Asiina

People I have no idea about
Cpig
100yrs
Opop
Gay
Chaos

So I'd like everyone's opinions please. Also it may be helpful at this point to role claim. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we have more town alive than scum and we can def win this thing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What I want to know is, would we be through all the Kings or not? There might be 3 Mafia, 3 Kings total if they're basically the same team. Like, you'd probably not do more than 6 mafia if you did a straight 21 player game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll claim, role is vanilla and am town-aligned.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Amoeba102 posted:

What I want to know is, would we be through all the Kings or not? There might be 3 Mafia, 3 Kings total if they're basically the same team. Like, you'd probably not do more than 6 mafia if you did a straight 21 player game.

Hopefully that's all the king aligned gone and now we just have to deal with the mafia but idk. I'm wondering if there's someone who is actually the king or if there are just his assassins.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

How am I confirmed again? Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway ##vote Somber since that case about him being Jedit's scumbuddy from forever ago was pretty decent.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hopefully that's all the king aligned gone and now we just have to deal with the mafia but idk. I'm wondering if there's someone who is actually the king or if there are just his assassins.

If you guys have someone on your group to protect it would make sense that the king team has a king to protect too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Huh. Well ok then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm vanilla, I'm town, and I'm beautiful.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
VT here

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

The Ninth Layer posted:

How am I confirmed again? Not that I'm complaining.

Actually I don't remember lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Actually I don't remember lol

Keane cleared him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Keane cleared him.

Oh well then I don't necessarily believe it as fact.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm willing to trust TNL because of his play. I'd also trust Opop, for reasons. For now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

FWIW I trust the revolutionaries a lot more now that Keane flipped rolecop. I think if he had an actual anti-town win condition on them he would have revealed it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My impression at the moment is that Imgay and Opop are town, I'll skim them to see if I like that idea.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you mean by skimming someone.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It means I'm skimming over your post history. I like their reactions to things so far. Going to keep Opop and Imgay in my town pile.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Most of the content this game has generated past day 1 will be pretty useless in terms of catching Mafia. There's only been one kill per night.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, gotta look at how people handled Jedit. But I guess, mafia might have been edgy about a claimed cop too.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Or they might have figured that the Kings-aligned might actually help them. But that would probably fit for AWU or Keane, not Quandary.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amoeba, what made you think I'm town from skimming?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina, what do you think of 100yrs?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

imgay posted:

Amoeba, what made you think I'm town from skimming?

You seem genuine enough for my standards.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Question for the thread, if you could cop or see someone's flip right now who would it be? Purely hypothetical.
I'd like to see Chaoslord's, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't really have the energy to reread the thread tonight all the way back to Day 1, but I still think 100 and Somber are bad guys because of their early game.

But I don't think PMom's flip proves anything no matter what ANarc says. I still have zero reason to trust a recruiting cult in their own wincon or anything they say about others.

I would be fine with any/all of 100, Somber, or ANarc today.

• Locked thread