Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I really hate to do this, but I'm just not in the mental place to play mafia right now. Sorry all (ecco especially).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wins32767 posted:

I really hate to do this, but I'm just not in the mental place to play mafia right now. Sorry all (ecco especially).

how dare you wins :bahgawd:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm now in Canada, a surprise trip for work that came up last night at about 10:15p. I will be in Canada through the whole weekend and have limited ability to play mafia.

I will then be going to Europe starting March 31.

Let's see how this goes. I might need a replacement too... but think I might have a chance of handling it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

wins32767 posted:

I'm sorry to hear this, wins, you are a very good guy and I hope everything works out for you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, wins, godspeed.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

me catching up on this thread:

it's amazing ya'll

okay so Amoeba is scum, every time someone threw a curve-ball their reaction stuck out from everyone else's and they seem to be pushing an agenda different from everyone else's

i don't know how to phrase it better than this but reading 11 pages in a row gave me this perspective clearly

##vote no lynch is the right call until we see how jedit flips

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
LAME LAME LAME

##vote no lynch

Merk why should we not kill Narcotics or Pin tomorrow?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

LAME LAME LAME

##vote no lynch

Merk why should we not kill Narcotics or Pin tomorrow?

Why should you kill either of us when we share a wincon with town. We thought our alignment name WAS the town one because our wincon is literally " kill all scum"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I'm now in Canada, a surprise trip for work that came up last night at about 10:15p. I will be in Canada through the whole weekend and have limited ability to play mafia.

Hi merk! I'll let everyone know you're here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I will then be going to Europe starting March 31.

Let's see how this goes. I might need a replacement too... but think I might have a chance of handling it.

I play mafia from Canada all the time! :colbert:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I play mafia from Canada all the time! :colbert:

Unless you're scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Why should you kill either of us when we share a wincon with town. We thought our alignment name WAS the town one because our wincon is literally " kill all scum"

If your wincon is pro-town, why aren't you just town?

If you have a secret, secondary win-condition, I don't trust you. If you claim your actual secondary win condition now, I probably still won't trust you.

This whole claim situation was dragged out piece by piece. That's never a good thing.

Like Keane said, Ecco likes to do weird stuff with alignments and it's also possible that you're anti-town but don't know it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I thought deadline was 11:30am, but I guess it's 11:30pm. I don't think people are going to get on board with a Somber lunch (or any lunch) between now and then though so I'm fine with ending the day now.

Should I hammer the no lunch?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Anyone voting someone remember that we're getting two flips: numerrik's and jedit's

That's enough for now, it's a lot of information

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

If your wincon is pro-town, why aren't you just town?

If you have a secret, secondary win-condition, I don't trust you. If you claim your actual secondary win condition now, I probably still won't trust you.

This whole claim situation was dragged out piece by piece. That's never a good thing.

Like Keane said, Ecco likes to do weird stuff with alignments and it's also possible that you're anti-town but don't know it.

I don't know how he can be clearer than "win when all scum players are eliminated"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Haven't you already said you have a second part of your wincon you're not revealing?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

Anyone voting someone remember that we're getting two flips: numerrik's and jedit's

That's enough for now, it's a lot of information

But the masonry flip is the information that matters most!

I mean, this is most of what the discussion is going to be tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

LAME LAME LAME

##vote no lynch

winvirus posted:

Also you people voting no-lynch in lights out suck, the point is that we get to use our greatest town weapon (a lynch) multiple times. Let's take advantage of that.

this shouldnt even be an "Ugggh, I guess" kind of thing.

We've just dunked two people and a third was modkilled.

Any more blind lunches is bad for town.

Im leaning heavily towards winvirus and somber and anyone else griping about how we arent wanting to hang a third person.

Christ people, use your heads.

winvirus even goes so far as to say the exact opposite of the truth

In lights out it is more beneficial to SCUM to blindly plorp multiple people at once.

We already used it multiple times winvirus, its time to let it go for now and see what the flips bring us, the flips we will see will be enough to give us some solid information to go off of.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

wincon is all scum dead + one more thing that we're not going to say but is pro-town (not town-neutral, not anti-town).

Uh huh, sure it is.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

But the masonry flip is the information that matters most!

I mean, this is most of what the discussion is going to be tomorrow.

yes, and that is okay! we're not meant to have all the answers at once.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

Im leaning heavily towards winvirus and somber and anyone else griping about how we arent wanting to hang a third person.

In lights out it is more beneficial to SCUM to blindly plorp multiple people at once.

We already used it multiple times winvirus, its time to let it go for now and see what the flips bring us, the flips we will see will be enough to give us some solid information to go off of.

Actually only 2 people are dead - numerikk and jedit

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pig even if Jedit and Numerrik both flipped scum somehow I would still be pushing for Anonymous Narcotics lunch. Or Mom, whatever.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

yes, and that is okay! we're not meant to have all the answers at once.

How can you not even be curious!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Pig even if Jedit and Numerrik both flipped scum somehow I would still be pushing for Anonymous Narcotics lunch. Or Mom, whatever.

So push them when everyone is more comfortable pushing them!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

How can you not even be curious!

I am curious, but I'm not curious in a way that's going to let me rush through a bunch of uninformed decisions. Everyone in the thread talked about numerrik and at least half the thread talked about Jedit. That's an insane amount of information that we're getting in a single flip. I want to see it before coming to any more conclusions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

So push them when everyone is more comfortable pushing them!

What if everyone was just more comfortable pushing them now? That sounds like a fair compromise.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Town having the initiative is good - town gets to decide kills by majority vote rather than scum deciding who dies. The more people we dunk, the more we deny scum agency.

There is a tradeoff in that we get less information, but winvirus isn't conceptually wrong, he's just disagreeing where the ideal number is.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Actually only 2 people are dead - numerikk and jedit

oh you are right I thought there were two for some reason, but the point still stands two flips is plenty.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

The more people we dunk, the more we deny scum agency.

Unless scum are leading the charge?

Lights out is something where it is beneficial for town to limit their lynches to 1 or 2 while the scum want to lead the charge and try to get multiple mislynches.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

Unless scum are leading the charge?

Lights out is something where it is beneficial for town to limit their lynches to 1 or 2 while the scum want to lead the charge and try to get multiple mislynches.

like somber is doing

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

oh you are right I thought there were two for some reason, but the point still stands two flips is plenty.

Okay, sure, two flips is plenty. It's not a bad number of flips at all. In fact, it's a totally okay number of flips.

You know what's better than two flips though? Two flips and then another third-party flip.

Their team literally has a secondary win condition that they are keeping secret.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

like somber is doing

Anonymous I'm starting to think you might be scum from how much you're tunneling on me :ohdear:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ugh ugh this is a disagreement over game theory it has nothing to do with alignment

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Our wincon is all scum eliminated PLUS something. Not either/or. How could that be anti town? Our goal is ALSO to eliminate scum. I just don't understand your logic somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

ugh ugh this is a disagreement over game theory it has nothing to do with alignment

That was a joke because it is what Anonymous has been saying about me for days of her life.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There's a number n: 1 ≤ n ≤ ~inf~ that's the optimal number of people to dunk in a day. We don't have all the information we need to determine if n is 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 - you're just guessing that it's closer to 2. Saying that it's closer to 3 than 2 isn't scummy.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Anonymous I'm starting to think you might be scum from how much you're tunneling on me :ohdear:

you're doing the same thing...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Our wincon is all scum eliminated PLUS something. Not either/or. How could that be anti town? Our goal is ALSO to eliminate scum. I just don't understand your logic somber.

Oh, your win condition is something? Yeah, how could be that be anti-town?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

That was a joke because it is what Anonymous has been saying about me for days of her life.

oop?s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

like somber is doing

exactly, which is a huge reason that somber is at the top of my scumlist right now.

• Locked thread