Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

a worthy uhh posted:

Ernie is also 3P so I am more than willing to bet that he is fakesoftclaiming his way to "confirmation"

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hahahaha holy poo poo that was a scumslip wasn't it
##unvote
##vote a worthy uhh

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why do you say Ernie is 3p?

His initial bullshit, which I am now remembering "was a joke", which led to your actual 3pclaim. I am confusing myself.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo that was a scumslip wasn't it
##unvote
##vote a worthy uhh

Why the hell would knowing alignment make me scum rather than, say, some kind of cop

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

Why the hell would knowing alignment make me scum rather than, say, some kind of cop

You know Quandary's alignment?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

You know Quandary's alignment?

No?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You say you think Ernie is fakeclaiming a result that will "confirm" him.

If you think Ernie is fakeclaiming a result, there's no reason to think the result would confirm him unless you know Quandary is scum.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The " on "confirm" implies the assumption that Q flips scum

Ernie's post is extremely to back out of as 'not a claim' since Ernie has already backed out of one claim

Until you called it a softclaim I just read it as being overly confident

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

The " on "confirm" implies the assumption that Q flips scum

Ernie's post is extremely to back out of as 'not a claim' since Ernie has already backed out of one claim

Until you called it a softclaim I just read it as being overly confident

No. Your beef with Ernie wasn't "he's throwing poo poo out and hoping he'll be right", it was "he's a 3P softclaiming a result that will 'confirm' him as town". That's not consistent with the confirmation being conditional on Quandary flipping scum - you were trying to say that Ernie should still be viewed as suspicious after Quandary flips scum.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

No. Your beef with Ernie wasn't "he's throwing poo poo out and hoping he'll be right", it was "he's a 3P softclaiming a result that will 'confirm' him as town". That's not consistent with the confirmation being conditional on Quandary flipping scum - you were trying to say that Ernie should still be viewed as suspicious after Quandary flips scum.

if his post is a softclaim, i think he's lying

i also think q is scum

A + B =

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We're not going to get anywhere if we just keep "nuh-huh"ing each other, anyone else wanna weigh in and say if I'm crazy/not?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I was voting Quandary BEFORE it was cool but I think his vote on Jedit wasn't a bus. It doesn't read like one to me. When did it become so popular to vote him and why?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I am pretty neutral on Quandary and would be fine voting him.

I don't want to lynch Narco for this masonry stuff because I don't have a compelling reason for why Narco as scum would call merk confirmed town unless they were both scum which would be one goofy WIFOM gambit (though not out of the question I suppose).

I get that you're saying you'd support a Quandary execution but it seems opportunistic to vote them when neutral. Wouldn't you want to suspect them in the slightest?

Ernie. posted:

okay so Amoeba is scum, every time someone threw a curve-ball their reaction stuck out from everyone else's and they seem to be pushing an agenda different from everyone else's

i don't know how to phrase it better than this but reading 11 pages in a row gave me this perspective clearly

I'd need to you to explain this because it seems to me that Amoeba's been pretty level-headed.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

1958 chat

The Cops; "Police-aligned." They desire to acquire the plans. They win when EITHER the della Porta faction is eliminated before the teams unite, or, if the teams are united, if both factions are eliminated before Day 6.

So Della Porta were the only actual scum team and the Basque's and Cops were 3P? That said wouldn't the Cops be exactly what Pmom and Narc are describing, a pro town 3P. Or mostly because if the Basque's becomes the scum then they don't care what happens I guess.

Could the Cops win and town lose then? Because the only way that could be the case here is the 3P's known win condition needs mafia dead, which is what town needs, at that point how much could their 2nd unknown second prevent town from winning?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

That is pointless if not actively harmful theorycrafting. We shouldn't be expecting that Ecco repeated a setup and making any decisions based on that.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Five posts above your first post today, Ernie is softclaiming a result on Quandary.

this is not what i meant to do

i just have a strong gut feeling that i know what jedit was trying to do with his post (i.e. sneak a negative opinion about quandary right when we were all discussing him without outright bussing)

a worthy uhh posted:

Ernie is also 3P so I am more than willing to bet that he is fakesoftclaiming his way to "confirmation"

anytime you actually want to start reading the thread would be nice :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

You say you think Ernie is fakeclaiming a result that will "confirm" him.

If you think Ernie is fakeclaiming a result, there's no reason to think the result would confirm him unless you know Quandary is scum.

that's not how i read it

AWU was just saying that there are reasons not to trust my actions (from his pov)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd need to you to explain this because it seems to me that Amoeba's been pretty level-headed.

right let me go find the pertinent posts

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

that's not how i read it

AWU was just saying that there are reasons not to trust my actions (from his pov)

okay

##unvote
##vote quandary

(with an eye to voting somber after quandary gets dunked)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Brief skim of Amoeba's post history -- he does a LOT of pulling teeth to get people to explain their posts/votes and that reads pretty town to me

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's Somber's content about Jedit, chronologically

Defending him from Ernie calling him scummy:

When I vote Jedit:

When trying to deflect the thread away from Jedit and onto ANarc:

Somber is Jedit's scumbuddy. He wants people to move off Jedit, but never actually gives an opinion about Jedit.

He's spent the rest of the time in the game throwing up ink jets of confusing (and often contradictory) alignment chat, he's not revisiting his reads in light of the flips (it doesn't matter to him that ANarc and I were among the people pushing most for dunking someone who ended up being scum yesterday!). Slam dunk.

I think you are viewing the latter two incidents out of context. I understand your issue with the first post, but the second incident occurs when Somber was making his big push for a Numerrick lynch. Given his other posts, I don't see Somber so much as trying to distract away from jedit as complaining about the shift in focus away from Numerrick. Besides, drawing attention to a vote on a scum buddy seems like a poor way to discourage his lynch. The last comment took place in context of the general frustration near the deadline. He's trolling, not seriously trying to seriously suggest a last minute jump to Anarc.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I was voting Quandary BEFORE it was cool but I think his vote on Jedit wasn't a bus. It doesn't read like one to me. When did it become so popular to vote him and why?

I get that you're saying you'd support a Quandary execution but it seems opportunistic to vote them when neutral. Wouldn't you want to suspect them in the slightest?

I'm getting really weird ~~~vibes~~~ out of this post. It reads like 100Years is simultaneously trying to get town cred, for attacking Quandary before anyone else, while throwing suspicion onto his case and those who support it.

100Yrs, do you still support a Quandary lynch?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

re-read imgay and his post history is nothing

his votes are barely backed up, and if backed up it's just "agree. ##vote person".

would dunk imgay today too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

##unvote
##vote quandary
(with an eye to voting somber after quandary gets dunked)

this is pretty much what we should be thinking right now, come on people.

Im on board with this narco / pinmom 3p thing and I believe that they are legit townsided.

##vote quandary

then somber

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

a worthy uhh posted:

his votes are barely backed up, and if backed up it's just "agree. ##vote person".

replace imgay with Little Mac except a tiny bit of content

both of their immediate bandwagon votes today read scummy

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CapitalistPig posted:

this is pretty much what we should be thinking right now, come on people.

Im on board with this narco / pinmom 3p thing and I believe that they are legit townsided.

##vote quandary

then somber

seriously? pintmom did some soft defense of ernie's 3p claim while claiming town

THEN pintmom claims 3p but not anti-town 3p

then narco claims confirmed town with merk

merk counters that, whoops they're unconfirmed

pintmom and narco are 3p-bros, not town masons

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote If that wasn't an investigation softclaim then I want more time to think.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

a worthy uhh posted:

seriously? pintmom did some soft defense of ernie's 3p claim while claiming town

THEN pintmom claims 3p but not anti-town 3p

then narco claims confirmed town with merk

merk counters that, whoops they're unconfirmed

pintmom and narco are 3p-bros, not town masons

I believe them :shrug:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a worthy uhh posted:

Please don't kill me, I've just voted from what I got from my readings of posts, I'm bad at explaining things though so I probably don't elaborate enough. I am town though. I have no possible way to prove it to you myself though.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

We should have lynched Quandary yesterday.

##vote: Quandary

Don't have anything to add from my earlier case (1), (2).

Quandary, please post your reads ASAP.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quandary is -3 to lunch, slow down.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

a worthy uhh posted:

Little Mac dropped a no-content vote on Q, but I am willing to bet that he was pro-Q-lynch yesterday.

Nah Quandary was a nonentity in my reads of yesterday. I'm voting because I trust Ernie mostly.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Little Mac posted:

Nah Quandary was a nonentity in my reads of yesterday. I'm voting because I trust Ernie mostly.

Why do you trust Ernie?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Just so we're all clear: I am absolutely not claiming or soft-claiming an investigative role this game.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

And why are you voting for someone if you don't have any kind of read on them yourself? Even if you trust Ernie, not verifying his suspicions seems dangerous.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

QuoProQuid posted:

Why do you trust Ernie?

He's a nice guy

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hmm I probably have to read some people over again, didn't see Jedit flipping scum there.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hmm I probably have to read some people over again, didn't see Jedit flipping scum there.

very anti-Somber, pro-numerik
(paraphrase) would vote jedit if i have to, don't think he's scum
"I am pretty neutral on Quandary and would be fine voting him."

I could see TNL and Somber being scumbuddies with two very vocal opposing opinions, because TNL's post history is almost entirely defending numerik against somber :tinfoil:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

I could see TNL and Somber being scumbuddies with two very vocal opposing opinions, because TNL's post history is almost entirely defending numerik against somber :tinfoil:

I don't think Jedit named two scum and a ~town~(3p) in his list of three reads.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't think Jedit named two scum and a ~town~(3p) in his list of three reads.

i forgot about that post, i need to re-read jedit next

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Busing is a loser's strategy. You can bet that if I was scum I would not be pushing for my scumbuddy as a lynch candidate on Day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I was pro-lynch since I figured numerik would probably flip town and I didn't have anything on Quandary that made me feel good about him.

• Locked thread