Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ecco is a pedophile but I will play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

EccoRaven posted:

Because I'm 100% positive you're not going to be able to hammer before a few hours prior to the deadline.

Challenge accepted

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

My nickname is pretty :effort:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

##play

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

idgi, ecco explain pls

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

Everyone was in on it but me.

in on what

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Confirming!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

so since none of us have really taken charge and started the game i'm assuming we're all 3p of some sort?

3pclaim ITP ##vote Ernie

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Is Ernie actually stupid enough to think there is no town and 3pClaim?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

a worthy uhh posted:

Is Ernie actually stupid enough to think there is no town and 3pClaim?

I semi-joke voted him after his first post because I assumed it was a joke, but he seems to have doubled down on being 3P with his last post

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

the role as claimed isn't necessarily anti-town, and i'm not in a rush to turbo someone a few hours into d1

yes, hmm

pro-town power roles have to die for Ernie to win

not necessarily anti-town

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

QuoProQuid posted:

you just said there was no way of knowing if he had any powers to compliment the role.

when we find out that PintMom is 3P this is preparation for "but i'm not ANTI-TOWN 3p!!!"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wanting to kill the towns doc and cop seems pretty anti-town to me

needing

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

QuoProQuid posted:

##unvote, ##vote: Pinterest Mom

I could handwave the white noise, but jumping on ernie while using semantics and hypotheticals to avoid tying yourself to his case is just too much for me. I want ernie to explain himself, especially seeing the parallels between his role here and a previous Ecco game, but in the meanwhile Mom is just as good a player to vote for.

Pinterest, assuming Ernie is truthful as you say, what do you think should be done about him?

Agreed.

I'm torn on Ernie because it could be a joke, or it could be a legitimate stupid 3pslip, but him coming back and saying "lol it was a joke", which he's going to do, doesn't take it back. We can't know for sure now and I am going to operate under the assumption that Ernie is 3P from now on.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Opopanax posted:

Hey do either of you want to buy a bridge?

My post was sarcasm vs PintMom's actual dumb opinion

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

QuoProQuid posted:

standard low-content scumminess

I feel like you are going a little TOO hard on PMom and some of your accusations don't necessarily reflect reality

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, QPQ reads to me like scum who is jumping on a townie and trying to get him dunked for a few awkward posts.

it would not surprise me if you flipped 3p based on your post calling Ernie (claimed win-condition-requires-dead-town-power-roles 3p) "basically vt" if he has no killing ability

unfortunately i agree with you here

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

TRAP SPRUNG :hurr:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

last time he was scum and called you out, this time he believed you and that makes him scum?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

you're implying that he always "calls your bullshit" and gave a game where he was scum as an example of that

but in this game he believes you, and that makes him scum, as opposed to all of the times where he was town OR scum and didn't

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

maybe consider the similarities: in both cases cpig exploited my claim to vote me off the bat

I did not read the other game

In this one, CPig, as scum, believed you and voted you for your claim

In the other, CPig, as scum, did not believe you and voted you for your claim?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

The point is CPig should never believe Ernie's D1 claims from the amount of times they've played.

Would you believe winvirus?

That is a valid argument, but his point seemed to depend on CPig's alignment in other games, which has been scum AND town, and so I was misled

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't like this post. To assume he's going to say it's a joke but still be willing to vote him off is pretty mean spirited and not in town's interest.

The point of that comment is that no matter what Ernie says, there will still be doubt about his alignment all game, because backpedaling with "it was a joke" is a non-conclusion for any claim -- you can't unring a bell.

quote:

This seems a bit hypocritical considering your case/vote on Ernie.

The relevant comment there is that the accusations didn't reflect reality -- what, at that point, did I say about Ernie that he did not say or do? QPQ accused PintMom of saying things that were not said.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I've already said this so I'll quote myself

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Now he's "caught" CPig with his "gambit" and my vote is standing because I have yet to find a reason to unvote.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

huh
i win when scum all eliminated and my alignment isn't called town

a worthy uhh posted:

when we find out that PintMom is 3P this is preparation for "but i'm not ANTI-TOWN 3p!!!"

WHAT DID I loving SAY

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

you realize an sk has to dunk mafia with their night action, right?

if they only dunk townies the mafia will eventually find them!

This is a horrifically scummy hyperbolic oversimplification

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Somberbrero posted:

He claimed a role that kills players and he is not town. Why would we trust or care about his claim?

This is another hyperbolic oversimplification that is intentionally ignoring information that doesn't fit the idea he wants to push

##vote somber

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Ninth Layer posted:

Everyone pay attention to Somber's attempts to characterize Numerik as "A KILLING ROLE" with a win condition that "CAN LET HIM WIN WITH THE SCUM!" and how he escalates the degree to which Numerik must be lying about everything. It's scare-tactics casing.

Scum love to case players for being third-party because they get to say "this guy isn't town!!" loudly and with confidence. This is what Somber is doing and it's taken to the absolute extreme.

This said it better than I did.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Quandary posted:

3P does mean anti-town almost always. Even Numerik who has an additional win condition said he was town aligned. P-Mom literally said that he does not win with the town, which means he likely does not have incentive to look for scum, and possibly has incentive to actively avoid looking for scum

you are doing, partially, what i am voting somber for. this is a bad post.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

Make sure to ##unvote before voting someone else, this is how Ecco rolls.

Okay, I'll white-knight PMom: If someone read their role PM and couldn't tell that they weren't actually town-aligned and thought that their flavour-alignment meant town - they are probably pro-town.

My problem with this is what I posted earlier: PMom KNEW that they had an alignment issue, and I called it very early in the game. It wasn't an "accidental" flavor/alignment confusion

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I called PMom as 3P very early in the thread when he was passively defending Ernie as "3p but not ANTI-TOWN 3p", and said PMom was going to claim 3p but not anti-town 3p at some point.

I was not wrong.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

Or it's a hilarious coincidence, since why would PMom fake slip? Do the follow through.

because it's not an accident or a slip, PMom is claiming 3p but not anti-town 3p, and now that heat is on, "not 3p but not not 3p" or whatever

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

why has anyone in this game claimed their non-town alignment?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Trying to get someone lynched vs trying to convince everyone they're scum

One is not town behavior

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

*fart*

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pushing for a lynch on someone who flipped scum has absolutely no bearing on someone who is claimed 3P. That point is extremely self-serving and misleading.

I want to "dunk" Somber and PintMom today.

I am going to re-read Quandary in light of the flips.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

imgay posted:

Wow, was glad Jedit ended up scum. I really think Ernie might be onto something, so I'll throw a vote to him.
##vote quandary

HUGE FoS on this post, BTW. Smaller FoS on Little Mac, because I don't know his history RE: Quandary yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

Quandry definitely reads like he believed Ernie's claim. But then he's all about it being faked. He seemed more into exploiting an easy vote than CPig. I'm also inclined to say Ernie is more guilty of exploiting an easy vote than CPig, but less than Quandry is.
Re-reading Quandary, he definitely hedges everything about Ernie with an "if". He's talking Policy Lynch poo poo and not talking Ernie Lynch.

Q's first vote on Jedit and immediate pull-off reads like distancing to me, he went elsewhere when the tides changed.

Pinterest Mom posted:

that's not the town alignment name
revolutionaries don't have elite bodyguards, kings do
bodyguards don't seek out and kill people

This stands out as a bullshit attempt to pile more onto numerik. Claimed 3P, again, folks.

Who is the "mason crew" that Q referenced? (I missed basically all of yesterday)

Q's vote for Nolynch reads, to me, like nonsense.

Quandary posted:

So as far as I understand it we have claimed two confirmed pro-town 3P masons, one of whom has confirmed that merk is true town-aligned and not 3P, in addition to numerik who was allegedly a different pro-town 3P.

Clearly we have a very strange setup and at this point trying to make sense of and lynch based on it is going to hurt us. I don't feel that any of Anon/Merk/P-mom have been outright scummy and I don't want to lynch them

##Vote no Lynch

This is all hmming and hawing over setup, no conviction, no opinion.

##vote Quandary

• Locked thread