Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I replaced in but immediately had ~life things~ happen. Those behind me, I just sat down and read through the thread and all I can say is :psyduck: Holy crap that masons trainwreck

Okay, next, ##vote Quandary

I really liked QPQ's case. It was thorough and moved me off the fence. Also, AnonNarc needs to go. At best, they're a huge distraction; at worst they're anti-town. I know neither of those are breaking news based on the votes that are up but coming in late to the party I don't really have anything special to add about them.

Outside of those, I can't shake the thought that one of Opop or Little Mac is scum, mostly because I kept forgetting they were in the game as I read through. More low hanging fruit, right? Gut feeling is on Little Mac but that's all it is, gut. I'll need to read through Somber again I know he was the thread darling for votes for a little while but he just seemed overzealous town to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Actually I have to ask about this.

Amoeba102 posted:

Good bye thread, I'm not coming back till Monday morning since you're going to do nothing till then.

What's the point of this? It looks like it's going to end up being right, but it could have ended up where there was a lynch tonight meaning the deadline would have been Sunday night for Lights Out. Really silly thing to do.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I lied that it was my investigation, but I didn't lie about the result. Therefore there is no more lie. Now shut up about it jesus

But you did lie about the result!

You started by saying Let's talk about who is scum, and then claimed scum result multiple times even though PMom has come in and clarified it's a "not town". Those are two different things, right?

TNL, you may forgive this as not an important detail, but if this difference is not important then you are saying that "not town" and "scum" are the same, and if they are the same then...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hmmm. Yep. Gonna need to sleep on that one.

##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Couple of other people have already said this but I think taking a step back from the masons at the moment is probably the best thing to do. What benefit comes from pushing for a lynch of one of them at this point? We get to validate some of what they're saying with Quandary's flip. If they have an anti-town power? There is no way all of them could be eliminated today. They'll still get it off. (Because we're in the "they're bad guys" land, there isn't actually a RB out there.) On the other hand, if they're pro-town, a lynch means one less good guy. Basically, we'll find out if they are good or bad soon enough and it's worth the risk to wait and see.

That said, I would like to push another vote today, if possible.

##vote Little Mac

This post was longer originally but PMom beat me to the punch on a couple of quotes (winvirus case, "I believe merk") so rather than go over the same stuff I'll keep the quote I had that they didn't

Little Mac posted:

This is lights out. Can't we just get rid of the claimed 3P and then move on to actual scumhunting?

This was before the claimed result on Quandary. At this point the disagreement about who was confirmed town to who in the masonry had started. LM decides that scumhunting should be secondary to taking out any 3p. You could say that LM did what Keane is doing now before there was any reason. The discussion over the result is a much more compelling reason, imo, to be suspicious of 3p compared to the confirmed/unconfirmed masons disagreement. Basically, LM is a lurker and less...understandable? version of Keane. That's probably not the right word, but what I'm getting at is I can get why Keane is being Keane about the 3p, I can't understand how Mac got to be the same way before the biggest mason drama happened.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ernie. posted:

The reason for voting here is incompatible with the reason for unvoting here:

Chaoslord was convinced by QPQ's case that Quandary is scum. He also likes to vote out distractions. So how is Quandary not a distraction after his claim? This feels like safe play. Vote your scumbro for inoffensive reasons, and unvote them when they claim pretending they swayed you back. Quandary's case had a glaring fault: Narc claimed roleblocked and then Quandary said it was him that was. That seems like a counter-claim that should've happened almost immediately as Quandary read the thread. chaoslord unvoting here serves to help the town divide on who they believe was roleblocked after we spent umpteen pages mulling over the benefits of voting out Narc. Scummy.

The reason I unvoted Quandary was that I realized Quandary was at -1 rather than -2 because I'm not in votefinder (Ecco :argh:). I'll admit to going "Well, maybe" when I saw the claim and with it being after midnight and me winding down for bed, I didn't have time to look into it. Rather than risking having to kick myself if I woke up and he had been hammered and the claim turned out to be a good one, I thought it would be smarter to move them back to -2. If it was a dumb claim I could always move my vote back in the morning after I had time to really look at it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amoeba102 posted:

I would vote for CCKeane, AWU, or there was a third one on my mind but now I forgot. It's too early. I think it was Somber. Yeah, probably Somber.
And basically it boils down to the same thing: being obstinate about voting for 3P players out of policy or to prove they are 3P, and not much to do with them being a threat to the town.

##vote CCkeane

Little Mac can be added to the list as well.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote a worthy uhh

Don't have the strongest read on AWU but with them and merk are pointing a finger at each other, I feel more confident in merk.

That said, the person I do feel strongest about is Amoeba. Pinged me the wrong way with the "Eh, I'm just gonna go, be back in a few days" thing earlier and going back and reading with a view that AWU is scum, I feel good about this.

A light distancing starts early when Amoeba goes from reading AWU's joke vote turned serious as town here to "weird" here a few hours later after QPQ starts in on AWU. Amoeba's very next post is a light case. Reads to me like an opportunistic change of pace. They started out "Eh, nothing really there, probably town", waits for someone else to make a point, and immediately it becomes "Yeah they're weird." A light case early doesn't really put AWU in any danger but it is now something that can be pointed to if Amoeba decides to throw out that they were suspicious of AWU from early on.

I said earlier I didn't like the I'm leaving posts from earlier. Like, I definitely understand if you get busy. But to pop in and twice announce "Hmm. Nope. Not playing right now.", I don't like it at all.

Then this post, which has already been gone over by Ernie and merk. In particular, I really want to add Ernie's cases here and here.

Also don't care much for them coming into the thread to vote Keane and then immediately follow that post up with "BTW is there new information?" Surely the right order to do things in if you're going to be asking about information is to ask first and wait to hear about it before voting.

Maybe everyone has moved on past it, but that's my strongest read.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BTW if some of those links in the post dont work, let me know. I'm at work and so I can't log on to forums.somethingawful.com, so I'm going through the 216.blahblah which works. Tried to change all the links I pasted in but it's possible I typo'd them or something.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thought I posted this earlier

##vote Little Mac

Also I don't know about "dunk everyone" but I'd still vote for Amoeba today, too.

Happy easter, y'all

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Seems legit.

Is this serious or sarcastic?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somber what would you have had the day look like?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amoeba102 posted:

So what's up with there being Mafia and King Aligned.

merk posted:

If you look at precious Ecco games, he loves these competing third party groups with mutually exclusive win conditions that don't NEED to actually impact the classic town/scum dichotomy, but they always do in some way. Sometimes, the third parties are both truly neutral, whereas in this game I think king-aligned is bad and revolution-aligned is good. It's scum+ vs. town+.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Missed your first post somehow, sorry

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amoeba102 posted:

Question for the thread, if you could cop or see someone's flip right now who would it be? Purely hypothetical.
I'd like to see Chaoslord's, personally.

Mine would be imgay. I have notes on most people but I for the life of me can't figure out what to think about them.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

See, I didn't even know that's what happened.

I love this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Ninth Layer posted:

Scum... claim?

I think so

##vote pig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amoeba102 posted:

Chaos tried to put in effort early with some sort of cases, but I don't know how much they really believed in them since they didn't push them at all afterwards to follow up. Sort of feels like they stole QPQ's style with the case on me, the whole content overload with links.

Uhhhh... what?

Cased Little Mac. Voted Little Mac. Cased you. Won't vote you because you're confirmed good guy. Get on me about my activity level, fair enough, I can't argue about that, but to say I didn't push the cases to follow up on people I thought was scum ignores how the game went.

##vote imgay

Said before it's the one person I can't figure out, and all this "Oh please don't lynch me I am town" stuff rubs me the wrong way.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm around-ish

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote 100

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ecco took AN out of votefinder instead of imgay haha

##vote Somber

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Confession time. I'm a Survivor, please let me win.

##unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Somber

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also

EccoRaven posted:

*looking at my running clothes, mustering the energy to put them on, walking outside and not immediately turning around, jogging for a minute then running then walking then running then walking then cursing under my breath how out of shape I am then running then walking then cursing over my breath how out of shape I am and how much I hate running then running then walking then debating if I want to mulligan then realizing I mulligan'd last time so I have to do it this time then running and running and then finishing then going home and taking a shower.

This is me when I referee soccer

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Eh

##vote chaoslord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In particular, I was fairly confident at one point that we were gonna get to the end fairly safely but then the recruiting bombshell dropped and it was not pretty after that, if I remember right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ernie. posted:

what post made you think i had scumdoc access?

As soon as we started talking about killing you was when you posted this:

Ernie. posted:

please don't end the day cycle before tonight, i have two cases i want to make because i have this ominous feeling that i'll die tonight

• Locked thread