Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll be a replacement Ecco, but I don't know if I can take on a big game from the get go at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

wins32767 posted:

I don't have a nickname :colbert: Replacements are not second class citizens of this community.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##play?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Somber smells like poop.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Somber

Is it a rolling start if the turbo is complete?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man somber, why didn't you claim?

ur the worst.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Scum, hurry up!

I have to go to bed!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Thank you :sun:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like how ANarc came back and suddenly the nightkill went through.

Hmmmmm

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote ANarc

:agreed:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Woo!

Go team!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:what:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
WHAT?!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
2spooky :spooky:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Soooo, is it over? Did I lose?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay team!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh hi, 19 pages.

Okay I'll get around to this at some point. I haven't been reading at all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I started reading this thread and my internet went out for the night, clearly this game is cursed.

Let me see if I can make it more than 3 pages this time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Every time I try to read this thread, something prevents me. My internet goes down, ecco closes the thread, the forums poop themselves.

I am doomed to never catch up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god there are still 10 more pages.

I am crafting a catch-up post that will be so large it will crash the forums again.

Prepare yourselves for it.

Also please stop posting :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I HAVE CAUGHT UP, TIME FOR MY MASSIVE POST!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

because it's controversial

i have to make sure the game's doctor, cop, and all the scum die

oh Ernie, you so crazy :allears:

Quandary posted:

As a general rule Lynch all third parties is a good plan

I don't like this as just throwing this out there without discussing whether he believes Ernie's claim or thinks that it is anti-town. A policy-cuddle is a good cover.

a worthy uhh posted:

last time he was scum and called you out, this time he believed you and that makes him scum?

Ernie. posted:

hi, i know this reading comprehension thing is difficult for you considering you found my claim believable, but did you try reading the sentence as a whole?

Ernie. posted:

h-hello, can i get a replacement for the prosecution, your honor?

i don't feel like it's right to defend against this line of logic

I don't like Ernie's response to this question either. It's incredibly dismissive to an actual issue with the post. I thought the exact same thing, Ernie's example directly contradicts his point.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I feel like it'd be too obvious an attack for scum to dare attempt this early in the game, but perhaps lights out makes one more gung-ho. As it is it fits in my meta for qpq, or maybe I'm thinking quidnose. Either way.

More posts I don't like! This post is everything scummy! Wishy-washy, meta cases on players who may or may not even be in the game. What exactly is the point of this post?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I felt tentative about this earlier. And I still don't know about Cpig, he's the sort of player I have a lot of trouble reading and his voting of Jedit just sort of confirms that for me. But this is a poor defense:

This is disingenuous. Whatever your stance on Ernie's post and the quibbling that followed you can only read the sincerity in with which people like QPQ and PMom were posting.

Also, you were dead right in our last game and I still feel pretty bad about that, especially since I went after you specifically finding fault in your meta-case.

##vote capitalistpig

This vote is so bad! "I don't know about CPig, but here is a thing that he did so ##vote"? Why is his statement scummy?

Quandary posted:

You hedge your bets by claiming ignorance on CPig before voting, and then jump on a joke comment and include some meta for some reason. It's a very very weak vote that you still felt the need to give yourself a way to backtrack out of. There's nothing inherently wrong with making a vote on a weaker case day 1 given we have less to go on, but giving an unrelated out on your vote is trying to take a stand while not making one simultaneously

This is how I feel about it. I was iffy about Quandary because of the early 3P related posts, but feeling better about him now.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Even though Ernie was obviously joking about the 3p claim, it's pretty easy as scum to make a claim like that and then say it was a joke, then no one votes for you.

I say this in every game, but D1 sucks because we have no info. Might as well just dunk SOMEONE who's acting suspicious so we can get information. D1 we are going in blind and no matter what people say, others will misconstrue it as scummy just because they have to make some content. Also, no lynch D1 is always a terrible idea. So let's just dunk someone who is lurking/suspicious/a lovely player and get it over with.

Another post with no point whatsoever. I know ANarc is still new so I try to give her some leeway, but what are you trying to say here? Do you think Ernie's gambit was a scum move or not?

winvirus posted:

On the one hand I see it as a thing ernie would do for jokes but on the other it may be a scum gambit so he could go "no look I did it here too and I was town"

I see it as a policy and I'm ok with that

This is bad for the same reason Quandary's 3P talk was bad. Policy votes are terrible because they are indefensible.

Amoeba102 posted:

Policy votes are bad votes. No one is going to build a case on Ernie then throw it away because "Oh that fakeclaim during jokephase means he's town". Ernie isn't arguing he is town because of his fakeclaim, so don't vote him for using spurious defenses.

I'm just quoting this one post, but I really like Amoeba so far in this game. Feeling town.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Only things of interest for me at this point:

Even with his uncertainty himself? I think you're missing out on his tone. Ernie reads more townie because of his own self-doubt. Scum wouldn't have to do that and besides I feel that that's kinda tough to fake.

I don't quite know what to make of Pmom's bristling here. On the one hand I know the feeling and it's happened enough to me, and on the other hand it seems just a tad too aggressive as if via bluster they could make QPQ back off, and QPQ hasn't.

I think it's strange that Quandary never voted me but it must be because they think it's too weak a case as well?

Finally, I know it was the weekend so I'm going to wait till the end of the day to make a point of this but we have an number of players who've said little of substance or nothing at all. Please come back we're nothing without you!

More hedging! What is the point of any of this?!

numerrik posted:

Sorry for not posting, it was a busy weekend, but here I am. I am not going to claim, because it will make my wincon a bit harder, but ultimately it involves dunking a mafia during my night action. I am pro-Town.

Okay I know this guy just got modkilled, so I won't harp on this but lolwut.

Somberbrero posted:

Accusing Ernie of White-Knighting Glock is obviously wrong, but what's more wrong is that merk is spinning that he was pressuring Glock. Merk undercut his own momentum by stopping to vote Numerrik immediately afterwards. Rambling about his own meta when questioned isn't a good response.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I think that merk's pressure on Glock was fine. I would agree that Glock made some vague statements that needed to be clarified and if a vote made him do it, then fine. It was also successful since Glock came in and explained his reasoning better, so what is the problem? Why does merk switching his vote matter so much that you've brought it up multiple times? Does this make merk scum? Why?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Somber calls for numerik's full claim on day 1, turns out numerik is a bodyguard. Somber then calls for someone to kill numerik. Scum play.

I feel like I understand what happened here. Numerrik used words that implied he was 3P by saying "my wincon" and "pro-town" because why would town need to specify that. I interpreted it like that as well, but then after reading TNL's post I read it again and I think he was just using awkward wording.

CCKeane posted:

Hey guys I have a weird win con but trust me I'm town.

He doesn't say weird, just "my wincon".

Everyone else seems to be realizing this alternate interpretation except Somber which is pinging my gut. It's like he doesn't even want to entertain the possibility.

Opopanax posted:

Numerik could be town with a secondary wincon, but he's probably a 3P. And if he is he's 3P with a killing role, so I'm good with killing him sooner rather than later

Opop too, but less so since he's less stubborn about it.

merk posted:

If you think Ecco would put in a role PM that the dude is town-aligned, but you can also win if you block a mafia kill and kill the mafia, then you are without hope. Did you see the list of win conditions I posted above by Ecco? He doesn't gently caress around with win conditions. If you're town-aligned+, you get a special name.

Now Merk is doing it for even dumber reasons than Somber.

merk posted:

I am 100% certain that numerrik does not flip town-aligned. I want to at least have him admit that before we move forward. He must make the admission in his next post or I stop posting besides to blindly vote him from here on out. If we do not lynch him today, I will make the same vote tomorrow. This will continue until one of us is removed from the game.

This poo poo makes me really mad and I don't even know if it's for game reasons because you do this every loving game merk. It makes me think of a policy we had on an old forum of mine, in that if you ever threatened to leave you would be permanently banned specifically to stop drama queen poo poo like this.

Anyway, I am super on board with TNL in this argument. I think he is on point and Somber is looking scummier by the minute. I could quote a whole bunch of one line posts, but that's my take away.

Starting to get weary with all this reading.

Okay my eyes are starting to glaze over, but Ernie has said a couple of things implying "this is what town/scum players do" that I do not believe.

Ernie. posted:

nowhere in somber's posts do i feel like he's trying to convince ninth of anything, ergo, i don't think he knows ninth's alignment

Ernie. posted:

Her contributions seem fine to me. She's more concerned with protecting players than attacking them, which in my opinion is something a town player does far more often than scum.

Both of these run completely contrary to my experience and are things that scum do. I'm not sure if these are scummy conclusions though.

Ernie. posted:

As for Quandary, I know it's tenuous, but the last time I made this argument it was on Asiina in a game where everyone had to submit some stat-selection stuff in an rpg-like thing. She came into the thread and said 'Ah, I don't know what all the numbers mean but I submitted something anyway'. I immediately asked her if that's because the scum-team told her what to put in and turned out to be right. There are some actions I think are difficult to happen if you're not talking to someone outside the game. No where near Quandary's posts do you see anyone summarizing PMom's actions/soft-claims of being a 3P, but Quandary still assumes it.

What are you referring to? Is it Civ, because I was town in that.

This is a very good point and makes him look very scummy. I didn't like Quandary's early game 3P related posts but felt that his push against 100 was good scumhunting. Now this makes me wonder. I'm still very convinced 100 is scum but I'm not sure if Quandary was bussing him early on.

Quandary posted:

I think there was a breakdown in communication because I intended this post to be sarcastic as gently caress. A bunch of different town aligned teams with different names is silly. I think half the people wanting to vote me was on the basis of not understanding this was sarcastic and thinking it was me contradicting myself

I didn't see it as sarcasm either. I'm still not sure that it was.

merk posted:

##vote Quandary

I'm out most of the day at work stuff, actually the entire rest of the day. I probably won't have time to do anything more.

This is so bad though. If this was anyone but merk he wouldn't get away with these terrible votes.

CapitalistPig posted:

This right here should prove merk isnt scum
What scum in their right mind wouldn't leap on an opportunity to be confirmed town?

Terrible logic. If that opportunity makes no sense and will get found out, why would you ride with it?

Confirmed, unconfirmed, who cares? We are both town.

What? I hate to leave my giant post off like this, but I don't really have anything else to say to this ridiculous post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
tl;dr

I'd vote 100 if people wanted to get on that and will definitely vote him tomorrow when there's no deadline looming if people don't feel there's enough time. I feel about equal between Somber and merk and would be fine with either of them being hanged.

I'm still very on the fence about Ernie, ANarc, and Quandary.

Iffy and want to hear more from Cpig, Opop and winvirus

Feeling very good about Amoeba and TNL, and sorta good about Keane.

Holy poo poo that took forever.

##vote Somber

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

I suppose we should also discuss what we're doing with the lights out.

:heysexy:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Asiina the early posts I made that you quoted I've explained and I can do so again if you like tomorrow. You didn't bring up any latter stuff, are you really gonna base your opinion on me from beginning of the game posts?

Why would posts from the beginning of D1 versus later in D1 matter? You did a flurry of posts later, but nothing in them made me want to change my opinion but weren't worth mentioning either. They all felt safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The only post of Jedit's I thought looked bad was this vote

Jedit posted:

Oh, Jesus loving Christ you are terrible. "It's not fair to say I'm a dumb newbie, I'm a really dumb newbie!"

##vote numerrik

Since I couldn't believe that's the only thing he had to say on the whole subject, but then shortly afterward he posted this:

Jedit posted:

Actually there is. He initially claimed a pro-Town win condition, and only later graduated to saying he also had the Town win con and was Town-aligned. He's squirrelling like hell, playing "too dumb to be scum", and his posts to merk also ring false.

Jedit posted:

I think you missed the bit where numerrik said that his pro-Town win condition was not the Town win condition.

But if you want a rationale as to why he cannot be Town, then fine. Literally the first thing he said as content was that he had an alternate win condition but by telling us about it he was making it harder to achieve. It's not like he was under any kind of pressure, he just came out and said it. It makes no logical sense for him to do that if he can also win with Town. He could simply have kept his mouth shut about it and let us think - accurately, in fact - that he was a straight Townie. It was only after people jumped on him for effectively claiming 3P that he said he could also win with Town. Altogether, it reads to me like a newbie mistake by a 3P: he thought people would be OK with him being 3P if he claimed his goals aligned with the Town, then squirreled when he found out otherwise.

I also have to raise the question of why you're white knighting for him. This is a guy who has played three games and by his own admission doesn't give a poo poo about at least two of them. Why are you acting like he was playing some subtle semantic game with his initial post, even after he has already admitted he wasn't?

Which I think is wrong and dumb, but satisfied my grievances against the original vote.

I don't want to vote Jedit today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Well I don't want to vote Somber. Asiina, name a compromise candidate.

I would also vote for 100 or merk today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Didn't you spend all day saying I was town?

I'm keeping my vote here. Later everyone.

I didn't spend all day doing anything since I just posted my catchup post 90 minutes ago (wherein I called you scum) after replacing in last night.

Are you even reading the thread, merk?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright

##unvote ##vote merk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

You called me town when you first joined the thread I believe. I'm recalling from memory on my phone.

I did not.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't see better lynches out there.

How do you feel about 100?

Anyone is free to answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Stop role fishing. I'm not going to answer that.

lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yeah so me and PMom are confirmed masons and so I thought merk and I were also confirmed masons but I guess not. I still don't think he's scum though, just an idiot.

How could you think this?

If you're 3P with PMom you know each other's alignments, but you didn't know merk's.

Did you think merk was part of your 3P group?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am not at all comfortable with a Jedit lunch. If it's like 2 minutes to deadline and he's at -1 I will switch, but I don't want to vote for him.

I'm not sure why we're believing the 3Ps about merk's alignment.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going back to Somber

##unvote ##vote Somber

Make the right choice here, people!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the logistics of this setup. Narc has two mason groups, one in which both masons are confirmed to each other and one in which Narc is unconfirmed to the other mason merk but merk is confirmed to Narc. It's messy and a little hard to believe that one guy gets the identity of two confirmed townies.

In any case there's enough corroboration here that I would not be willing to lynch Narc here or at least not yet.

Ugh I'll vote Jedit since there's no other option. I still think he will flip town, I'm disappointed that everyone gave up on Somber as a lynch candidate. ##unvote ##vote Jedit

CCKeane posted:

*writes THEY'RE NOT TOWN on own head*

*tears head off in fit of rage*

*throws it at ninth*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina please vote jedit instead or we are gonna no lynch. We'll get somber tmrw

I don't believe you~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##unvote ##vote ANarc

• Locked thread