Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
LEt's do this thing! An Ecco game! Oh Boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

a worthy uhh posted:

Ecco is a pedophile but I will play this game.

Mod discrimination, kicks taste out but not mir

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey I got a role pm for this game!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hahaha what ernie?

##vote ernie

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ernie, you are an idiot.

Sincerely,
Cpig

xoxox

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Honestly I'm just shocked anyone's taking anything seriously right now, the game just started.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
oh yeah

##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jedit posted:

Take a look at his avatar text. Someone spent $10 to tell us that Pig bein' Pig. Pig is always being Pig and in my experience it usually gets him lynched early.

Oh wait, I almost forgot about our game

Jedit is scum

##vote jedit

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I felt tentative about this earlier. And I still don't know about Cpig, he's the sort of player I have a lot of trouble reading and his voting of Jedit just sort of confirms that for me. But this is a poor defense:

This is disingenuous. Whatever your stance on Ernie's post and the quibbling that followed you can only read the sincerity in with which people like QPQ and PMom were posting.

Also, you were dead right in our last game and I still feel pretty bad about that, especially since I went after you specifically finding fault in your meta-case.

##vote capitalistpig

Lol idiot.

The Jedit thing is something we do in every game we are in.

Jedit tells me I'm lynched early in every game. I respond by voting. Its a thing we do.

It'll come off as soon as there's actually a good case on someone.

But it's day one so that's not likely to happen.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

sounds like he's waiting for someone else to make a case that he can jump on instead of looking for himself.

That sounds accurate.

That's kinda my thing regardless of town/scum status.

Amoeba102 posted:

What I don't like about Cpig's posting the most is his Jedit vote. Yes, I know he says it's a thing he always does, but that's exactly why I don't like it. I guess because by default it's a forced joke that always triggers me. In my mind, I see someone force themselves to act like they always act so as to appear town. And if your main goal is to appear town then it's likely you're not.
It's something unavoidable for him, but he can always give up the forced Jedit joke vote in the future.

You are thinking of it like a joke, it's more than that, it's like a special delicate bond Jedit and I share and it must be fulfilled.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jesus christ dude.

I bet you have spreadsheets open about this game right now.

You do don't you?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

numerrik posted:

Sorry for not posting, it was a busy weekend, but here I am. I am not going to claim, because it will make my wincon a bit harder, but ultimately it involves dunking a mafia during my night action. I am pro-Town.

:ughh:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Glockenapfel posted:

Why would you claim this now?

Also Quid that post was awesome. You and Opop are two people I am definitely not inclined to vote today. Pig looks bad to me because he was the second on Ernie, not the first as I originally thought. I'm mostly ignoring the other numerous "joke" votes. I also have some gut paranoia of Pinterest Mom that I can't explain. I'll be back later tonight to review other folks and put down an actual vote.

Casing me because I was the second vote on someone? Thats a bit of a stretch.

I do believe merk is on to something here.

##vote glock

also merk isnt scum this game. kthx.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok so, I'm not feeling this numerik thing, I wouldnt put it past ecco to spice up an elite bodyguard by adding using your power as an additional wincon.

The way he reacts reminds me a great deal of someone interested enough to sign up for games but not taking it serious at all, which I can totally relate to,

If anything, now that we fully understand his role and how he says it works, there has to be scum on his lynch right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

There are three people voting Numerrik.

How do we fully understand his role if he hasn't flipped and there isn't an investigative result?

Correct , im saying at least one of those people is scum.

We dont fully understand it, but we understand the claim he has made and its not a stretch to see a secondary win condition being what he has said.

It all fits together, but that isn't really that indicative of alignment either way.

Its a null tell for me right now and I'd want to see what happens during the night before I'd vote for numerik

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amoeba102 posted:

Somber > merk > Jedit? In likelihood of being scum

Right now I'd even go so far as to say that I believe that merk is town.

I'd be willing to bet that either Somber or Jedit is scum for sure.

I'd go Somber>Jedit

I still think Glock is scum too though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amoeba102 posted:

Narco and CpIg have said "Merk is town". Explain how?

I feel like this is pretty typical play for merk?

I'm just not really getting the cases against him, I'm getting a townie vibe.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Right now I see somber as scum more than anyone else,

##unvote
##vote Somber

there I formatted it correctly so my vote counts you big baby.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

I glossed over this post when he made it on my phone, but it kind of jumps out as scummy to me now. We're unconfirmed masons. Our doc is filled with me telling him why lynching numerrik is the right call with citations to multiple games and how TNL is scum because he was happilly diving into defending numerrik rather than find scum (which is wrong in hindsight and just kind of looks stupid now that I'm reading it). I don't see why he'd know I was town based off of that discussion.

This right here should prove merk isnt scum
What scum in their right mind wouldn't leap on an opportunity to be confirmed town?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ok well yeah, maybe it doesnt PROVE he isn't scum undoubtedly but it should knock some sense into the idiot heads that are currently voting for him.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Or I will.

ANarc and I are confirmed masons who share an alignment. She's not scum.

I thought I was town because all scum have to be dead for me to win and I have a confirmed masonry.
ta~da~

ummmm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wait hold on. I just looked and merk IS confirmed town to me. I'm not an idiot. I guess it's different on his end.

:psyduck:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
That is an incredibly convoluted thing and I could see ecco making a thing like that.

So I believe it.

Why should I vote jedit over somber?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

##unvote ##vote jedit

Because he has more votes on him we should dunk someone and they're probably both scum

I can accept this if somber is next.

##vote jedit

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

The votecount in votefinder is correct sans CPig who neglected to unvote.

Hooray!

I'm on strike. Im not fixing it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ugggh fine

##unvote

##vote jedit

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
No stop you dummies.

It only helps scum to have so many in a row!

##vote no plorp

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wins32767 posted:

I really hate to do this, but I'm just not in the mental place to play mafia right now. Sorry all (ecco especially).

how dare you wins :bahgawd:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

LAME LAME LAME

##vote no lynch

winvirus posted:

Also you people voting no-lynch in lights out suck, the point is that we get to use our greatest town weapon (a lynch) multiple times. Let's take advantage of that.

this shouldnt even be an "Ugggh, I guess" kind of thing.

We've just dunked two people and a third was modkilled.

Any more blind lunches is bad for town.

Im leaning heavily towards winvirus and somber and anyone else griping about how we arent wanting to hang a third person.

Christ people, use your heads.

winvirus even goes so far as to say the exact opposite of the truth

In lights out it is more beneficial to SCUM to blindly plorp multiple people at once.

We already used it multiple times winvirus, its time to let it go for now and see what the flips bring us, the flips we will see will be enough to give us some solid information to go off of.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Actually only 2 people are dead - numerikk and jedit

oh you are right I thought there were two for some reason, but the point still stands two flips is plenty.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

The more people we dunk, the more we deny scum agency.

Unless scum are leading the charge?

Lights out is something where it is beneficial for town to limit their lynches to 1 or 2 while the scum want to lead the charge and try to get multiple mislynches.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

like somber is doing

exactly, which is a huge reason that somber is at the top of my scumlist right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

winvirus posted:

No, town should lynch probably 2-4 per day, minimum, with no one leading the charge; instead, fruitful conversation and reason prevailing. You're pretty much making poo poo up in an effort to make me look bad which i guess nothing's rly changed around here

Im not making poo poo up, What I am saying has been the general consensus in every lights out game I've played!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

##unvote
##vote quandary
(with an eye to voting somber after quandary gets dunked)

this is pretty much what we should be thinking right now, come on people.

Im on board with this narco / pinmom 3p thing and I believe that they are legit townsided.

##vote quandary

then somber

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

a worthy uhh posted:

seriously? pintmom did some soft defense of ernie's 3p claim while claiming town

THEN pintmom claims 3p but not anti-town 3p

then narco claims confirmed town with merk

merk counters that, whoops they're unconfirmed

pintmom and narco are 3p-bros, not town masons

I believe them :shrug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hey guys? I didn't really think much of quandary either way, but I got a scum result on him last night, so... *shrug*

Pinterest Mom posted:

The result was actually "not-town" and there was no reason to claim it rn. bleh.

##vote anonarc

I believed you up until now but this is getting ridiculous and this 3p things is going to be nothing but a huge smokescreen for scum to hide behind.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's frustrating because the result wasn't AN's (she was roleblocked) and it wasn't "scum", it was "not-town", and the way she claimed (and the timing) make it look really bad for us.

:psyduck:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

Quandary (8): Ernie, imgay, LM, MiR, PMom, CPig, QPQ, merk, Anonarco, -PMom, -MiR, -imgay, Amoeba, PMom

AnonymousNarcotics (4): Somber, -Somber, Keane, MiR, Opopanax, Quandary

a worthy uhh/Me in Reverse (1): PMom, -PMom, imgay

Somberbrero (0): PMom, -PMom

:h: 18 alive, 10 votes to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, March 30th, ~11PM EST.

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS CANNOT REMEMBER TO UNVOTE BEFORE REVOTING DESPITE ONLY HAVING ONE VOTE:
- Somberbrero
- CapitalistPig

These players will be punished if they've done it again when I do the next votecount!

jfc

##unvote
##vote narco

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I find tnl and keane going back and forth to be extremely confusing because of their avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think Keane is a good choice, I was upset with narco and pinmom's lies but tbh at this point I am back to believing them.

##unvote
##vote keane

• Locked thread