Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I collect mainly U.S. 90%, U.S. bullion and private mint bullion from companies within the U.S., although I also have some sweet Engelhard bars. I keep my stack in a safety deposit box. I take pictures and inventory everything before storing it.

A roll of 1963 Franklin Halves

A roll of 1964 JFK Halves

A roll of 1964 Washington Quarters

A roll of 2014 American Silver Eagles

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Here are my two 1 oz Engelhard bars with a few dozen Instagram filters.

Here is the 1930 Standing Liberty Quarter I got my dad for his birthday. 1930 was the year my grandfather was born.

I also stack copper pennies. Any US Penny prior to 1982 is 95% copper. They made both in 1982.
I weigh all my 1982 pennies to figure out which is which. The copper ones weight about 3.11g and the zinc ones weigh about 2.51g.

Here are some random pictures of things in my stack or things I have since sold.

Next Up:
My first piece of gold
My Morgan & Peace Dollar Stack
My Zombucks stack

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Pooper Trooper posted:

Do you only collect silver or also gold, platinum etc? Some gold bars are beautifully engraved, such as this one.

I've bought .5g and 1g gold bars for birthday and Christmas gifts but other than that it's been silver until now.

I recently purchased my first piece of gold a couple weeks ago. I decided to get a 2015 1/10 American Gold Eagle.
Excuse the picture quality. I only have a cellphone and this is the size of a dime.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Zogo posted:

When I was working on my US cent collection I used a really simple scale like this to sort:

Not the easiest coin to find.

I have a simple digial scale that I use for weighing... jewlery... that I also use for weighing the pennies.

I got the Wheatie back in my change from Dunks and I immediately put it up on eBay. Another time I was at the bank getting exact change for rent and bills and ended up getting six consecutive uncirculated $1 star notes. I didn't notice until I got home, otherwise I would have got them all. I tripled my money with those on eBay as well.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Man there hasn't been any decent $18-22 Peace Dollars on eBay for a few weeks now. I just need 5 more!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

AuntBuck posted:

If you don't care about quality, keep an eye on this guy

http://www.ebay.com/usr/elgatoazul1944

Thanks I'll follow him. I'm kind of OCD about my stack with rolls of everything. My silver dollar tube currently has 10 Morgans and 5 Peaces.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Got any Morgans or Peaces?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

It's amazing how much you can low-ball people on eBay. My computer is busted right now but I picked up a few more avg. circ. Peace Dollars. 2 more to go!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just sold $10 FV in copper pennies for 2x face on eBay.

Finally got my new laptop charger in the mail. Here are some recent pickups!

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 5, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Got another Peace Dollar.

Got one of every Zombucks in copper so I can fill a tube with 1 of each in silver and copper by the end of the series.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So today was a good day. Got my last Peace Dollar in the mail today to complete my silver dollar roll.

Just returned back from the gas station and found this in my change!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Not sure what that is.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Oh wow! Provident Metals designs are pretty damned detailed.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I have one of every Zombucks so far in both copper and silver. I think I may sell my two 1 oz Engelhard bars and start stacking NGC and PGCS MS-63 Morgan Dollar slabs.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Here's a lovely picture of my current stack.

- 8x Zombucks (1 of each so far)
- 10x Morgan Dollars
- 10x Peace Dollars
- 40x 1964 Quarters
- 20x 1963 Franklins
- 20x 1964 JFKs
- 20x 2014 ASEs
- 2x 1 oz Engelhard Bars
- 1x 2015 1/10 oz AGE

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks!

Yeah, that's just why I have one of each in the set. I've loved B-Movie zombie flicks since high school so I'll always be into them regardless of The Walking Dead (Z Nation is better :colbert:) or whatever else is trending at the moment.

Also looking to get sell/trade my 2 Engelhard bars if anyone is interested. $23 shipped a piece or both for $45. PayPal only. USPS only. Add $2 for tracking.

Anyways, I just purchased my first slabbed and graded coin on eBay last night. I scored a blast white NGC MS63 1904-O Morgan Dollar for $64. Not sure if I overpaid or not but it was in a lot better condition than the $50-$60 MS63 slabs on eBay at that moment. I wanted to stear clear of graded 1921 Morgans and any grading company that wasn't PGCS or NGC. Will post the auction pictures when I get home. She is sexy. :heysexy:

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 30, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Whoops. I just replied to your PM. Both bars comes in airtites as well!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Here are the stock pictures from the auction page.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Wow that thing is nice! Got my slab in the mail today. Already addicted.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I don't like stacking foreign PM's so I can't speak from experience, but from what I've read on other bullion forums is that milk spotting is common on Canadian silver.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Pooper Trooper, for some reason sending PMs on the Awful App doesn't work all the time for me so just in case it didn't send properly, I shipped out your bars yesterday afternoon! Hope you enjoy!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just won my 3rd Instagram giveaway since I started stacking. Just won myself an 1853 Seated Half Dime, a 1943-P War Nickel, and some random Italian coin. He also said he threw in some old NATO stamps. Will probably put everything up for sale when I get it or trade it in at my LCS towards something else, unless anyone here is interested. Will post pics whenever the package comes.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Newest pickup.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So I picked up two old NATO stamps, which I know nothing about nor have intentions of keeping of anyone is interested. Also got a War Nickel, an old Italy 1867 50 cents coin and an 1853 Half Dime! The thing is TINY. I havd no clue how people didn't lose those all the tine. Will post pictures tonight after work.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

DominusDeus posted:

So I have this whole famn damily now;

5 ounce, 1 ounce, ½ ounce, ¼ ounce, and ¹⁄₁₀ ounce.

I feel as if I need a 2.5 ounce one, though... and maybe a 1 gram one.

Super cool. Just how many different sizes do they offer?

Got this in my change at Dunk's the other day.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Nice! Glad you like them.

Here are some new coins I got recently that I decided to flip, if you see anything you like.

1943-P War Nickel

1867 Italy 50 Centesimi silver piece

1853 Half Dime

1963 Washington Quarter PCGS PR65

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Very pretty!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Very cool stuff guys!

1938 Wheatie found in my change.

Another NGC MS 63 Morgan. This time an 1896.

And a 1968 Jefferson Nickel Proof that is for sale, PM me if interested.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just got another NGC MS 63 Morgan and the official NGC slab storage box so I can fill it up. 4 down, 16 to go.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

That's nuts. The luckiest I ever get is the random Wheatie or the even more rare silver Roosie.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Very nice stack you got going on.

Newest pickup.

Progress.

Another Wheatie found in my friend's car.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Anyone want this circulated 2009 $10 star note before I toss it on eBay?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well I know people collect them so I figured I'd offer it up. Ended up spendinv it because I've grown sick of eBay.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Bought this artificially toned Franklin Half Dollar on a whim last week off eBay. No clue what to do with it. I wanted to have it made into a ring but was told the heat used during the process with destroy the rainbow coloring.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Eh, I already have a nice wallet and I don't usually carry much cash on me anyways. Maybe I'll just throw it in an air-tite and it can be my new pocket peace.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Love the pictures, keep 'em coming. I wish pre-1933 US gold didn't have such a high premium.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Good stuff everyone.

Finally picked up the new Zombucks in both Ag and Cu to complete the set.

Just bought a silver quarter in my mom's birth year made into a ring for her upcoming birthday. Also just bought a 1982-S Washington Half Dollar NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Love all the gold! Totally jealous.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Been buying some more slabs here and there. Will post pictures as they come in the mail.

1982 S Washington Commemorative Half Dollar
NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Got these both in the mail yesterday!

Masshole Pride.
2000 S Silver Massachusetts Quarter NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo.

Been wanting on of these guys for a whole now.
1959 D Franklin Half Dollar NGC MS64 FBL.