Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This was my favorite episode of Keith David. He nailed every scene every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I won't accept any plot developments that will foreclose the return of Brie Larson. Annie and Abed cannot be together.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You've made 12 posts in 2.5 years and you chose this to be one of them?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I liked Season 4. It's still miles better than some of the other shite on TV at that time.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Man, if they wanted a movie they should just do it now. Bringing a cast back together after a few years is tough poo poo, just see Arrested Development.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Finally rewatching Season 1 now. It really feels quite a bit different from the other seasons. The biggest difference is here, Britta is not yet rendered into an idiot. In fact she occasionally outmaneuvers Jeff and it's incredibly satisfying.

The production values are also way higher and the whole thing feels less cartoony.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Dan Harmon and Dino Stamatopoulos produced Charlie Kaufman's Anomalisa, which was both surprising and unsurprising to me.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can't believe this thread is still alive. I just rewatched the entire series. Early Season 1 isn't as raw as I remembered it to be. Sure beats the first seasons of P&R and The Office.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Is it incredibly jarring the change in Britta from season 1 to Season 5?
If you skip between seasons, yeah. But if you watch sequentially, the change is pretty gradual.

This might be a continuity error: In Season 1, the episode with Abed's dad, Britta says she had an overbearing dad just like him. But when we do see her parents, they're absolutely delightful.

A lot of things are different in Season 1. Troy is a jock. Abed's a robot, barely a human. There's more focus on interaction between all three women. Pierce is a totally likeable guy, often with good things to say.

If you ask me my biggest regret is how they changed Pierce into this unsympathetic guy. It strikes me as mean-spirited (even for all the behind-the-scenes poo poo Chevy Chase pulled) and not all that great for the show.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Watching the Season 3 commentaries now. Apparently tons of people ask Yvette Nicole Brown if she's the singer of the theme song :wtc:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just finished the Season 3 commentaries. They get pretty crappy towards the end; the cast is often commenting on the episode before it screens, so they haven't watched it. Plus it's weird to hear Harmon celebrating the renewal for Season 4.

Also, Chevy Chase thought Gillian Jacobs got breast implants in Season 3. The exact words were "breast augmentation."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Meowmeowbeanz is hella fun. Probably the best in Season 5, for me.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Same. I was one of those defending Season 4 as it was airing. I think I genuinely enjoyed it.

On a rewatch it just doesn't hold up

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

So I just watched Dr Ken.

It was not funny, but it was worth it to see Vicky, Leonard, and Garrett again.

Edit, EFB
Even this shot feels unfunny

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Glow is very good, though sometimes it seems like Alison Brie's struggling to break through that Annie Edison mold.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I was one of those people who ardently defended Season 4 in this thread when it first came out. But on a rewatch it didn't hold up. That's just me though. I wish I could enjoy Season 4 again because the amount of Community we have just ain't enough.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think this is genuinely one of the best scenes on Community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIJD5OA4y0

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is there a transcript of it somewhere

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Donglover recently said Chevy was racist as heck on the set. He's the last person to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

VagueRant posted:

I get a bit annoyed at people acting like there's all these revelations about Chevy when the cast were talking openly about his abusive racist language way back in the season 2 commentaries. Old White Man Says twitter in the show itself was inspired by the cast joking about "Who said it? Pierce or Chevy?"

Never mind him just generally being hard to work with and holding things up on set, outright refusing to shoot scenes (like the intended scene at the end of the video game episode with Abed).

At the same time you'll hear him (even in the infamous actual voicemail) crediting Dan Harmon's sharper writing even when he criticises him. And Harmon acknowledges Chevy as a legend, even if he's a nightmare to work with. The whole "feud" is so ridiculously overblown when there's a mutual respect between these two (kinda scummy) guys. There's a reason getting Harmon back got Chevy back to do that one cameo.

So yeah, Dan Harmon getting booted off the show was almost certainly nothing to do with this silly feud, or his creepin' on Megan Ganz - in his own words it had more to do with his rampant substance abuse.
Are you really annoyed that people who didn't know chevy chase was a racist now know he is a racist? Does that really bother you?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

fez_machine posted:

He was a little of Chevy's, Joel's, Dani Pudi's and Gillain's characters.
He was everybody except the black people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

tbh the only character he couldn't write for was shirley

• Locked thread