Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

XMNN posted:

Does anyone else still get confuse that Frankie isn't actually Monica off of Friends?

No, because I'm not face-blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kayakyakr posted:

Wait, they replaced the soundtrack after the fact? That's dumb. Why would they do that, it had one of the best soundtracks around?

Of note: apparently Sarah Chalke chose most of the music.

You think that's dumb? The home release of the first season of Community has the edited versions of the episodes where several scenes have been cut short.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ratjaculation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0pJ5araUU

this is depressing. and steve fry, why...

OH Joel, is this why you killed The Soup? To emulate Tim Allen?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vegetable posted:

Can't believe this thread is still alive. I just rewatched the entire series. Early Season 1 isn't as raw as I remembered it to be. Sure beats the first seasons of P&R and The Office.

If anyone else is interested in a rewatch, it looks like when Hulu put up S6 they also went back and changed the version of the S1 episodes to the NBC broadcast instead of the cut for time versions from E! that were used for the DVD sets.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Didn't the DVD retail discs have that problem too? They probably used those as source. They cut off one of my favourite jokes, in John Oliver's "British 10" with that move.

Yeah, that's why I thought it was worth mentioning since Hulu used to have the version that's on the DVD's.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ooh I can bid on the dean's map with the thumbs ups on them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Maxwell Lord posted:

ISTR that the first episode of the US Office was a lightly rewritten version of one of the UK scripts, so it may just be a quick "we have something to film" decision. But that's the only case I can recall working.

So you mean just sitcoms? Because House of Cards was a British show first as well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

VagueRant posted:

Really miss that Scrubs-esque heart the show had in the first two seasons.

"Scrubs? gently caress Scrubs! What the gently caress you talking about Scrubs for?"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Steve Vader posted:

Yeah, I remember her saying something about feeling shell shocked all the time and crying in her shower, but I'd taken it to mean that he was slave-drivey and hypercritical and less that he was being creep-sleaze. Now it's both!

There were a few behind the scenes clips for season 1 that I don't know if they made it into the DVD's. One of which was Harmon calling Ganz into his office for some script rework and when she walks in he slams the script out of her hands, screams in her face, and then starts laughing hysterically.

He seems to have reflected on, and improved his behavior, but Community Dan Harmon was the epitome of the guy that doesn't get that bullying people "ironically" still involves you being a poo poo head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MokBa posted:

The author of the article was the one constantly name-dropping and it was very annoying. Should've been written in a more formal interview style.

The only name she really dropped was David Simons, the rest were people Glover worked with and their impression of him or people talking about him. Both are perfectly valid things to put in a profile about someone.

• Locked thread