Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat, Yvette looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Loving Keith David already

Wanna watch that Portuguese Gremlins

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 17, 2015

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see a single ad. So weird

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

I disabled adblock just so it would show ads. Then it would show me 3 ads every time I reset where I was (because the stream had frozen).

Well I feel like an idiot. I forgot about adblock.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

3. Short answer: Frankie banned alcohol from campus and Jeff likes drinking at work. Long answer: I saw the whole plotline as a meta-commentary on the evolution of the show and a juxtaposition of the more absurd elements with the more grounded ones. (Frankie rushing in with Keystone cops and asking "This is what you wanted, right?") It reminded me a lot of the Frank Grimes episode of The Simpsons where a "real" person invades a sitcom universe and their reaction is "What the gently caress is wrong with you people?"

I really loved the scene where they took it one more step, and she gives her "I've decided to be in charge here" speech, and the guy goes "How pretentious are you? Who would say that in a job interview?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw, so many missing names in the credits :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I guess Britta's story didn't go anywhere that episode, but it was cool when the set fell away around her out of nowhere for the fantasy sequence.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Holy cow, the director character was fantastic -- that guy should win some kind of acting award.

Yeah, it wasn't a super funny moment, but I really enjoyed when he turned Annie's story on its head by saying it was Pat Morita's movie and Ralph Macchio just kinda showed up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

Isn't Mantzoukas also in The League?

Yeah, he plays Rafi, the insane criminal brother-in-law of one of the main characters.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Good episode. This season's so good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Buzz Hickey Memorial Services in the lunch lady's email :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wish Keith David had been on this show for all 5 seasons.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've enjoyed the extra Britta time now that the cast is cut down. She's been really good this season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

Came here to ask if they were actually taking money from Honda or just screwing around. Turns out everyone is angry about how much they sold out or something.

Anyway why was subway getting arrested at the end?

He wasn't getting arrested, just thrown off campus because Frankie finally caught him as the guerrilla marketer that was preying on the dean.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JesusFists posted:

It took my third watch to realize that Annie was miming milking cow-Abed in their handshake, not miming jacking him off. Yeah, I'm kind of ashamed, but it's a good handshake either way.

I don't know why you'd think that. They try not to sexualize her.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Paintball episode spoilers: Koogler's back! And it'll be played on the down-low, so probably spy-themed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Next week's look to be a weird one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

I wonder when they are going to announce if there are going to be any future Community projects. I'd rather them do another season instead of a movie, unless the movie could bring back old cast members. If the show ends with this season, I hope the last episode has a good ending.

I'd love another season too. The actors' contracts are up this season, so it might not be feasible. A movie would be a lot easier to negotiate if any of them are looking to move on to better projects.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I expected the episode to have a "Music Man" ending, where their ultimate grift required a series of super-intricate briefcase switches so that it turned out he really had taught them something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The only flashback that worked for me was the one where Abed breaks down exactly why the story needs a flashback structure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

midnightclimax posted:

Maybe the show is not funny to me anymore, idk it's weird. I'll rewatch a random episode from season 2 and then compare.

Every time I catch a random one I just miss Donald Glover.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Carnaticum posted:

I was thinking about how great Kieth David has been in this, which lead me to ask myself: has Kieth David been bad in anything?

He was in "The Cape." How good could he have possibly been in that?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hey, they bounced back from that clunker last week. I was worried.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Troy was Silver Ballz. It's all a setup for the movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

qbert posted:

Yeah, for some reason I found that off-putting.

Rest of the ep was great, though.

Like the episode with Spencer, they gave her a role that didn't ask for too much. Didn't seem to matter one way or the other.

What's the point of running a multi-million dollar show if you can't get your friends and family SAG cards?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lt. Danger posted:

I still like Community and I enjoyed this episode, but the show has lost heart and that's a shame because that's what drew me into the show in the first place.

Stuff like Jeff and Shirley being awkward and learning how to get along, or Pierce comforting Jeff after his breakup with the professor, or Troy overcoming his phobia to help his friend. That stuff doesn't really happen any more, or if it does it's so zany it lacks meaning.

Jeff and sometimes pierce were the ones that usually needed to learn emotional lessons each episode. Now pierce is gone and Jeff is drunk all the time.

Still funny though. And Jeff needing to be taught the same thing over and over was wearing thin anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

In It For The Tank posted:

I imagine the entire wedding was a fairly accurate recreation of Dan's wedding. Except for the incest. Maybe.

Garrett criticizing Erin's vows rang true for sure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn that tag.

I think Dean also said "loving". Not sure why they started cursing all of a sudden.

Jeff's vision with the B team was genuinely sad :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Harmon has said he can't talk about viewership numbers, but man Nielsen was horrifically wrong if "tens of millions" isn't an exaggeration.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The finale seemed to be Dan Harmon arguing against a Season 7. Yahoo would probably have to pay him a lot more (in addition to the actors who are no longer under contract).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rumblings from ~~~sources~~~ that Yahoo is already talking to Sony about more episodes.

On Dan Harmon's podcast he talked about watching the third "Human Centipede" and how Tom Six didn't really seem to have his heart in it and was just doing it for the fans ... kinda like Season 6 of Community.

So who knows? Maybe he's just being a baby because he had to work instead of playing Minecraft.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mastajake posted:

This happened with the title theme of Married... with Children and it sucks.

Holy poo poo. It's loving horrific.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw, they're not gonna make more Other Space?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Did they ever say that? They just said that they SHOULD have been showing as better than they were, and would've been raking it in on TV if the numbers were accurate. But a few ads on yahoo screen isn't going to rake in the dollar no matter what.

Harmon claimed on his podcast that the views were through the roof on Yahoo.

But yeah, if they couldn't sell enough ads to make it back, then what's it matter?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

I couldn't in my country so it was files for me. I don't even get it. If Yahoo was making the show and it was exclusively on their website, why did different country licensing even come into it?

Maybe it has something to do with the Hollywood side of things. Would whoever owns the syndication rights be interested in blocking international viewing?

Like, since the show was originally on network, there's likely U.S. distribution rights and international distribution rights. If Sony withheld the international distribution from Yahoo, they could sell Season 6 overseas for syndicated TV broadcast as essentially a new season.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 21, 2015

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They never released the numbers, but Dan said the viewership on Yahoo was really high, and Yahoo was super pleased with that aspect of it.

That said, I whitelisted Yahoo Screen on my adblocker and still never saw a single ad. I can totally buy that Yahoo was too incompetent to sell the ads or deliver them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The last "Great Minds" has a good run in it of (I'm pretty sure anyway) Dan Harmon impersonating the Community cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgbuXpgN9Dw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cartouche posted:

Counterpoint: Frankie was a horrible character, horribly cast, and the flakiness was anything but endearing.

You monster

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

Have you tried The Adventure Zone?

Adventure Zone owns.

Takes a couple episodes for them to realize they shouldn't play the quest out of the handbook, and it really takes off after that because the DM starts writing it himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

So I caught up on The Adventure Zone. Any other similar podcasts worth catching up on?

Fun fact: There are no other good D&D podcasts. I know because I've tried them all.

• Locked thread