Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

this is depressing. and steve fry, why...
This is so Old Man Yells at Cloud I can barely comprehend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'd like to break those girls if you know what I mean.
Nobody— NOBODY— on the internet cares who you, or any other person, wants to sleep with completely out of context.

"A stranger thinks two women on TV are attractive and is kind of gross about telling strangers" is a fact that enriches the lives of exactly zero people.

You are streets behind.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

But you calling them racist makes you the real racist! Aha! Flawless deflection!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's a strong undercurrent in all of Fey's work that posits the idea that anybody offended by anything, no matter how legitimate, is the real problem and that everybody should just shut up and laugh at the problematic joke. Unless it's about white cis women. Then you're an rear end in a top hat.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

I suppose you could look at it that way, I've always taken it as a way to call out those issues without being preachy. But that might just be me being hopeful that she doesn't actually think minorities etc. are the butt of the joke...
An entire season of Kimmy Schmidt contained a running gag that an asian man had a name that's slang for penis.

• Locked thread