Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Android Blues posted:

I feel like there isn't enough of a history of closeness and friendship between the current group to make all these revelations of secrets really feel like they have any impact. If you compare it to the pen episode or the lie detector one, the punch of those lies in the facts that this group of friends we think we know intimately have all sorts of sordid issues.

This group feels a bit too fresh and untested for it to be anything more than "a collection of annoyed strangers go through each other's dirty laundry". Frankie acted the hell out of her part, though, she was really funny.

I actually loved this episode for the entire opposite reasons, and loathed the previous bottle episode (I have to rewatch the pen one to make a decision on that). I felt like the last one was so harsh and completely did not earn the happy ending they tried to give it. It was such an abrupt change in tone right at the end.

This one was better put together, and the fact that a lot of them are just casual acquaintances makes the stuff they were saying behind eachothers' backs just mean gossip for the most part. Which makes more sense in a group of people who were largely thrown together like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

An Ounce of Gold posted:

They probably rescheduled because, and I have this on high authority, the things in the museum were still dead the next day.

Having worked for a natural history museum, they typically have events after regular hours and employ event coordinators to make sure conflicts don't happen. If it's true that schools had to cancel it's probably because Harmon paid a lot of money, which is a pretty big win for a non-profit which is going to use that money for more research/exhibits/programs.

I'm generally not a fan of Harmon as a person but I feel like this is all pretty on the level. Unless he specially planned the wedding with screwing over children as a goal or something.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ETB posted:

Toxx for it.

Toxx for him coming back

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

It turned it on every time a commercial break ended and by the way gently caress that Firefox commercial it's so dumb.

Every time a commercial ended it would freeze and then restart the ep with captions on, so double (triple?) threat for me.

Also, I would pay for Yahoo screen if it meant I wouldn't have to see that loving Sin City Saints commercial with that smug douchebag saying "I love the way I think" again. Maybe that is their business plan.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Today I learned that "get your drat hands off my Lets" - one of my favourite quotes in all of Community - is actually from season 4

so cold

hold me

Dan Harmon is going to smother you with his smelly Zizek beard

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I just remember Jeff's cheesy stand-up routine making me a laugh a lot, and now I am trying to find it but can't find the clip or transcript

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Based on these quotes:

quote:

to trust a boss when he complimented me and not cringe when he asked for my number

quote:

Otherwise you’re falling into the Mike Pence School of Gender Relations that says men can’t be trusted with women’s phone numbers.

it does sound like there was some telephone based harassment. And the Pence allusion makes me think that it wasn't just calling to berate/bother her with requests about the show.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm guessing George Herbert Walker Bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Arist posted:

Harvey Weinstein, almost certainly

Oh yeah whoops

• Locked thread