Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I loved Shirley's scene at the end of the first episode. It caught me completely off guard and I can only hope for more or something similar for the other cast members who left. Maybe a Pierce hologram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I've been enjoying this season so far. The first two episodes were okay, the third was pretty drat good. I just rewatched the first episode and while some might consider the concept episodes overdone, I'm personally hoping for a Ghostbusters' themed episode guest starring Chevy Chase:

Abed posted:

Jeff said last year he saw a Pierce hologram. None of the rest of us have ever seen it. So if there's a Pierce ghost on campus, I'd like to get a head start on busting it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Volume posted:

I still have no idea what people mean when they say they hated that Community went to multicam.

Who are these people? Are they on The Twitter?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Great episode really, I didn't even notice that the episode went longer than usual.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

tarlibone posted:

I watched episode 1 (this season) again, and I just noticed that apparently, the original name for the school, or at least the name it had when old dudes were younger, was "Greendale Computery College."

I'm sure that's already been mentioned, but I love that word: computery. It conveys what would have been a new-age, futuristic, and really important new technology using a word that appears to have been made up by a 4-year-old. At its genesis, Greendale wasn't playing with a full deck.

Yes, I believe that's the joke.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Megaspel posted:

They've actually done 28 others, but apparently they were a bit too subtle for you.

Go back and watch season 3, but make sure to pay close attention to the Dean's left hand. There's one scene it's his right hand, because they had to flip the shot.

What?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loved this episode. That prison plot was great. Community's really back to form.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

BSam posted:

What the hell.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loved that episode. I really felt for Britta and I liked the Jeff/Elroy subplot and how that ended. Solid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tailored Sauce posted:

Awful episode. I have a grand hatred for such obvious product placement as this show has done more frequently in recent seasons. I even hated it when Colbert did it with Bud Light and Doritos. I know why product placement exists and why Community in their last season and this one accept it (I remember Chuck doing the same thing in its last season). None of the Honda jokes are funny because of the underlying marketing. It ruined the entire episode for me, except for the Chang PowerPoint presentation.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Britta 1
Annie 2

Ahahahahaha

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Been loving this season so far. Season five had some great stuff, but they've done exceptionally well considering the cast drop off. Frankie and Elroy are great and I kinda wish we had them from the beginning.

Do we know how many episodes total we're getting this season?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ETB posted:

Are they not allowed to say "Buzz Hickey"? :smith:

Why wouldn't they? Wasn't there an email in the leak episode that said "Buzz Hickey Memorial Service"? Haven't seen the latest episode so sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Clean Your Teeth posted:

Good episode, good season, everyone who thinks Community is still good is a good person.

If anyone hasn't seen the extra Honda bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmKvSHkquho

This was fantastic

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Viginti posted:

It's interesting this season that they've started directly referring to real pop culture rather than those vague facsimiles. Does Yahoo not care about offending people? It's arguably unimportant, but it does change the tone a little to have these characters existing in a world that more resembles our own. I mean, Doctor Who and Inspector Spacetime exist simultaneously now and if Jeff watched Parks and Rec, did he not catch the other comedy that aired with it for a few years?

You might be overthinking it a bit.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bown posted:

gently caress, the commenters over at AV Club really loved this episode.

How dare they

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

captain innocuous posted:

This show is pretty good. If it does really well this season I want more.

Agreed, I'd spend more time with Elroy and Frankie. I think they've been great this season.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Spacebump posted:

When did Troy die? I thought he was just captured by pirates, for all we know he is a pirate king now.

I think Harmon made a joke on his podcast about Troy being eaten or something, but I don't think that's canon

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

That tag was really fun

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Great episode, loved it. I'm glad we finally got a camping one... Sorta. It was nice having them out of the study room + Greendale, even if it was just in front of a green screen most of the time.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hangedman1984 posted:

And reddit's track record with identifying guilty parties in a large crown is so top notch.

I'm extremely glad I don't know about whatever you're talking about.

Solid episode, I also enjoyed the tag quite a bit. Garrett and Vicki are great.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Martman posted:

I love how quickly Abed started essentially teleporting around the wedding. He was constantly filming entire conversations using multiple angles and not appearing where he should have been.

Well, there were two camera crews, right? Wasn't there a gag where they showed Britta doing a separate talking head with a different crew at the same time as Annie?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

prefect posted:

In the incest-episode ending, did they make Dan look extra dishevelled and greying, or is he always like that these days?

I sort of took that it's how he looks to everyone who's working for him after a few deadlines have come and gone

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Man, I want to just watch a clip of the triumphant ladders return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIj74cyO30

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Forgot about R&M. Always considered it more Roiland's show.

Incorrect.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HD DAD posted:

As much as we like to hate on Season 4, and it is undeniably of lower average quality than the rest, these ones I still find to be "good episodes of Community".

Paranormal Parentage
Alternative History of the German Invasion
Cooperative Escapism
Advanced Documentary Filmmaking
Herstory of Dance
Intro to Knots
Basic Human Anatomy

The rest are at worst on par with an average episode of HIMYM.

:barf:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

People aren't allowed to enjoy things I don't like.

This isn't true though?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Thank you. You can tell a goon is bad at math and english when he describes something of "lower average quality" as "good." Well, is it lower average or good? Then he lists a majority of the episodes of the season as being "good." So, how can a majority of the episodes be "good" if they're "lower average quality"? Does that guy have any idea what he's talking about? Do words have meaning to him?

edit: in case I'm being a little esoteric, let me illustrate

You are my hero, Irish Joe. I don't always agree with you but you fight the good fight.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I loved Community ever since I saw Pierce and Jeff's Spanish presentation. I knew the show had something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0xr0HCN794

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MikeJF posted:

I never noticed the pictograms before. :allears:

I wonder if anyone ever followed that QR code. I'd need an HD shot... (EDIT: It translates to "Greetings From Greendale Community College".)

I remember trying and failing to get that QR code to work ages ago.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You think that's dumb? The home release of the first season of Community has the edited versions of the episodes where several scenes have been cut short.

They've also removed some music from Community in the home releases and probably digital releases too. They played a Surfer Blood song in the season one finale at the prom that isn't in the DVD release.

Trust me, my DVR goes back a loong way ;)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Harrison Ford is irradiating our testicles with microwave satellite transmissions...!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I've tried getting through season four a few times but it's awful and aside from a few moments, it's unwatchable. Skip it. The only decent episode is the body switching one that Jim Rash wrote and even that one isn't great.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

In It For The Tank posted:

Puppet episode was good for one reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRT1XXa2AEg

It's catchy as hell.

:barf:

El Tortuga posted:

I was wondering if you'd show up to post this again. There had been way too much people enjoying Community in this thread.

Season 4 ain't as good as the rest of Community, but it's still better than most other current network television. There's also the Halloween episode, which isn't half bad. And the body-swap episode, which you can only say isn't good if you're actively trolling and sticking your fingers in your ears.

I'm glad I don't watch network television if this is the case.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

The major problem with the puppet episode is the puppets themselves- they're the uninspired off-brand Muppety things you see on Christian kids' TV. Granted they had to look like the characters so that's limiting, but it did feel like they didn't do enough visually with the idea (compare to the Claymation or videogame eps and the nice goofy designs there.)

I really don't think the actual puppets were the problem with that episode. It was probably the cringe-inducing songs and terrible writing.

If I have to say anything good about the episode I think I liked when Pierce yelled "drat you Vicki!" or something when the balloon went down.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This thread sucks

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

I tried to discuss my rewatch but the thread would rather talk about sex crimes so v:shobon:v

I actually tried rewatching season four too, but I got as far as the episode with the german guys before I had to stop. It was just so embarrassingly bad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

prefect posted:

Nick Kroll is very funny on "The League", though. I'm glad I've started watching that since the Karate Kid episode of Community.

Kroll wasn't in the season four episode with the german guys though. There was some other guy that replaced him. Made it even worse imho.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

No Harmon episode is worse than anything in season four. You season four apologists should try to rewatch it in its entirety without looking away. It's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

No one posting in this thread has enjoyed this show in four years.

Incorrect

• Locked thread