Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Are a lot of people really looking for a "down to Earth" version of community? I always thought the best episodes were the ones with lava floors, and meowmeow beanz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I rescind all fears about things being too down to Earth.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The VR stuff was great. The dean literally drowning a file to delete it was hilarious.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
At the end of the first episode when that background guy was furiously glaring at them, was that about anything particular?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

kayakyakr posted:

I thought the episode was awesome. I would have thought the minimal wackiness factor would have made a lot of you happy, but there's no pleasing everyone, I guess.

I felt like this one was just a little too dumb with the whole "smear the dog" thing. That would just make sthings worse because they didn't just give a degree to a dog, they gave it to an especially lovely dog.

All the texting stuff was gold though.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I read the book but I've never actually seen karate kid. I saw 3 Ninjas a bunch of times though.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

tarlibone posted:

OK... I like Britta's definition of "hoist by his own petard."

I never really thought about it but I always kind of assumed it was an article of clothing too.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Came here to ask if they were actually taking money from Honda or just screwing around. Turns out everyone is angry about how much they sold out or something.

Anyway why was subway getting arrested at the end?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Strong smart confident Elliott was an rear end in a top hat who nobody liked, Scrubs didn't need more of those.

Scrubs could seriously become exhausting to watch when every character was in rear end in a top hat mode.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Steve Vader posted:

Alison Brie is going to star in and executive produce a show on TV Land about elementary school teachers. It features Key & Peele showrunners and a Chicago improv group called The Katydids because everybody in the group is named some form of Kate.

TV Land. That's not the best sign.

But they will plug this at Comic-Con. It is called Teachers.

“Teachers” revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America’s youth, even though they don’t really seem to have their own lives together at all. From refusing to read fairytales because “sometimes Prince Charming wants to date other people” to hitting on the resident “hot dad,” these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. The series stars improv group The Katydids - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O’Brien and Katie Thomas – who also wrote and starred in the web hit that the TV series is based on. In addition to writing for and starring in “Teachers,” they will also serve as executive producers alongside Alison Brie (“Community”) and showrunners Ian Roberts and Jay Martel (“Key and Peele”).

Is this based on a youtube series. Cause if it is, it was hilarious.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

HD DAD posted:

I thought it was because Dan refused to do it after he actually watched season 4?

I recall him being annoyed that the same people that fired him were trying to drum up publicity by making a spectacle of his rehiring.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Todd episode is the potato mystery one right? What's wrong with that one?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
That whole episode was worth it just for the space shuttle simulator simulator.

"It's like I'm in a real space shuttle simulator!"

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

The schmitties were loving great. You guys suck.

Are these the really annoying highschool kids? Cause I've never made it through that episode a second time.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

prefect posted:

If Jeff had actually managed to sleep with the mom, I think I would like it more -- that seemed like a funny direction to be going in.

Didn't he? I thought he slept with her, then everyone pointed out how it makes him look worse than the kid.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
This is probably really obvious to everyone but I'm doing my first rewatch, and I just realized that Pierce ' s freak out on the shuttle is because Colonel Sanders looks just like his father.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
He's right though. (this time)

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

thexerox123 posted:

There is a pretty big difference between watching randoms lip-sync earnestly and watching celebrities do it ironically.

Is there?

Celebrity lip-syncing sounds like the punchline in a joke a bout terrible TV. "My girlfriend is always watching (some lovely show) but at least it's not celebrity lip syncing."

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

The Dark One posted:

The regular episodes seem to be unblocked for me, too. :canada:

I'm in Canada too. Why can't I see anything?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I can recite most of the heritage minutes. Isn't that good for something?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

thexerox123 posted:

Burnt toast! I smell.. burnt toast!

I was so disappointed when they kept making burnt toast/ stroke jokes in Archer. I thought it was a reference to obscure Canadian commercials, but it turned out to be a fairly well known symptom.

Anyway the videos are working for me now.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
It was always a weird relationship. There's 2 or 3 podcast episodes that turns into them just arguing with each other for 20 minutes.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I listened to it a long time ago, but wasn't she drunkenly screaming stuff from the audience? That's worth a berating. From the sound of things Erin has the patience of a saint most of the time.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

raditts posted:

Community actually got a good bit of promotion when it came out on Yahoo, I saw a lot of commercials for it.

It just turns out none of those commercials compelled me to actually use Yahoo Screen to watch the show.

I couldn't in my country so it was files for me. I don't even get it. If Yahoo was making the show and it was exclusively on their website, why did different country licensing even come into it?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Toxxupation posted:

hey, the money's green

p funny he's going back to NBC though, but again, hey the money's green

When he went back for season 5 he said there was no point in staying mad at a network. It's ton of different people, and a year later everyone's moved around and it's a whole new set of people.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

EricFate posted:

Please tell me this is a series where they take the D&D segments from the podcast and animate them.

http://www.starburnsindustries.com/tag/harmonquest/

Close enough. I'm on board for that one.

So Erin is still playing with them? That seems like a recipe for disaster.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
He just feels lovely and thinks that it's impossible for him to have a healthy productive relationship, so he's removing himself from the dating pool by more efficiently masturbating. There's a lot of layers at work here.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Wow that last podcast sounded like it was being done at gunpoint. I've never heard a guest sound so uncomfortable.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Crindee posted:

Yeah, though that isn't really on Dan, part of Aubrey Plaza's whole thing is making whoever's interviewing her feel like they're pulling teeth.

Her thing is acting disinterested, not acting like she's considering faking a heart attack to get off the podcast.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Agreed

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Snacksmaniac posted:

Someone's Mad.

Is this really the battle you want to be fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Last Chance posted:

Nice, does this mean they've cut the DnD stuff from Harmontown? That's why I stopped listening, I really can't stand listening to DnD campaigns

Yeah they stopped as some sort of non-compete with Harmonquest. I really liked them though. I've gone through like 5 podcasts trying to find something similar, and they're universally annoying/terrible.

• Locked thread