Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Picked Notre Dame to the final four. I have no clue why I did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
iowa state why did i believe in you

:negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

I will be very pleased if I can make it through the first window of games without an L. That isn't too much to ask, really, since there is a 2 and 3 3's playing, but I usually drop the second one so, uhh.... don't screw me on this one Iowa State.

Dang it....

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hahahahahahahaha my bracket is dead all the way to the finals on game 2

amazing

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Prof. Lurker posted:

Picked Notre Dame to the final four. I have no clue why I did this.

I picked Iowa State to win it all because why the gently caress not. I cursed Iowa State.

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
well mine is already hosed but i'm sure literally everyone picked istate.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

hahahahahahahaha my bracket is dead all the way to the finals on game 2

amazing

I'm the worst NCAA Tourney bracket player ever but gently caress if this isn't going to be yet another amazing NCAA Tourney.

Best series of weekends in sports bar none. Upsets for life.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Down one of my Final Four teams in game 2. drat.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I remember I had Iowa St. going to the finals back in 2001 or whenever it was and then Darvin Ham and the Cyclones lost to loving Hampton and here we are again.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I would like to thank MV for convincing me pick duke instead of Iowa state to come out of the south region

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
rip brackets

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
had them in the final four hahahaha

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SA2K posted:

I got Iowa State winning

what happened

LMAO

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah everyone in this thread pointing out their reliance on absurd comebacks and their struggles away from Ames did a lot to sour me on Iowa State, who I had in the Final Four originally. I actually toyed with picking UAB afterwards so if you guys could be a tad more forceful in the future that'd be great

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just did this

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hahahaha. Everyone's bracket is done. Good day.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I blame the several ISU fans that were always talkin up how great their team is and how deep they could go and this and that. Thanks for busting everyone's brackets, jerks!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
well tbh when everyone has someone like isu going deep it doesn't gently caress it up as bad, but since you know there's a bunch of assholes who picked duke -- it does

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

kittenmittons posted:

iowa state why did i believe in you

:negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Only one person in the goon bracket picked UAB, :lol:

DJcyclopz
Feb 16, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Go Banana!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If you don't make your bracket and then immediately start rooting for upsets that blow it to poo poo you're doing the tourney wrong anyway; go UAB

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

rebel1608 posted:

If you don't make your bracket and then immediately start rooting for upsets that blow it to poo poo you're doing the tourney wrong anyway; go UAB

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Matey posted:

I blame the several ISU fans that were always talkin up how great their team is and how deep they could go and this and that. Thanks for busting everyone's brackets, jerks!

Did we talk them up? ISU has struggled away from Hilton all season. I don't know why, but they are absolutely dependent on the crowd being behind them. This team also scored 20 points below their average today, and just played super sloppy.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I feel like a have a nice leg up in most bracket contests just by having Iowa State losing to Gonzaga in the sweet 16...

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Geez, Iowa State. Never trust a team that lost to South Carolina.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

That same person picked Hampton to beat Kentucky...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

OctoberBlues posted:

And Kansas to go to the Final Four. Which, :confused:?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Who did this?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hampton's last win in the NCAA Tournament was a one-point win against Iowa State.

UAB's last second-round win in the NCAA tournament was a one-point win against Kentucky.

~Destiny~

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MV said it I think that when a team comes from behind like five times in a row it says more about how bad the team is than how good.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

MV said it I think that when a team comes from behind like five times in a row it says more about how bad the team is than how good.

It does. It's also like Maryland being #1 in luck or something like that.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

OctoberBlues posted:

:stonk: What if he's psychic?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I only picked Iowa State to win once so I'm feelin' pretty good about that :unsmith:

edit: I picked them to be upset by UCLA so uh I guess we'll see how that goes!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm just gonna root for Baylor to lose now so half my Final Four will be dead before I get dinner.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ISU was alway more vulnerable than most to a bad shooting day and y'all deserve what you get for buying into all the hype that ignored how they fell behind huge in every B12 tournament game.

(I had them losing to Gonzaga in the sweet 16 so I was dumb too!)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 19, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Anybody that put Baylor and Iowa State in the Final Four deserves whatever life gives them.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
SAS goon bracket of bad picks indeed

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm just gonna root for Baylor to lose now so half my Final Four will be dead before I get dinner.

I'm not even mad. This is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lol Kevin Ware gonna get back to the Sweet 16 with a sun belt team

• Locked thread