Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

I just chose Utah to make it farther than UNC. Am I crazy?

Not by KenPom, although Utah didn't have a great close to the season.

ISU seems like they're going to be in a lot of trouble if they have an off shooting night, especially against a bigger team. And as much as people want to say they're on a roll now they had a bunch of tight games they easily could have lost in the conference tournament where they got down big before coming back. But I am of course extremely biased there so take that for what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

so who do you think is coming out of the south region? duke? davidson?

Duke, although I think Gonzaga could give them issues too. Duke especially though. Their offense is even better and the defense is about a wash. Okafor is also a massive mismatch against ISU's front line. They don't have anyone who can come even close to checking him.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 17, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

I love watching Iowa State play, but I have them losing to Gonzaga. Their recent comebacks have been amazing, but you kind of have to put together more than one half of good basketball in your games to make a deep NCAA run.

edit: and to prove I am not a homer I have Iowa losing to Davidson. :(

Coward! :mad:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I hope Aaron White finds you and dunks on you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
haha yeah I was looking for the article so I could post it. He's super jesusy, apparently.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
davidson is a bunch of midget chumps who will be dunked on repeatedly and embarassed hth

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*has gross gangly, translucent white kid so white he's named white as star player*

He is tall and does literally nothing but dunk on fools, this is not inconsistent with what I posted!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

goldboilermark posted:

I haven't watched enough Gonzaga this year, but I feel that Iowa could give the Zags a real good game. Am I crazy?

This seems like a relatively popular upset pick, so nah I don't think so. The Zags biggest strength is their size and Iowa is up there with pretty much everyone except Kentucky in that regard. Gonzaga is obviously a lot better but Iowa certainly could play with them, especially if Gonzaga does what they usually do in the tournament. Other than KU it's the best 2 seed matchup we could have gotten, but honestly I'm just worried about getting past Davidson. That's going to be a really tough game and I just have visions of them making a billion threes and running us out of the gym. Cheering for a team who can't shoot (outside of Uthoff) is extremely frustrating.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Wickerman posted:

In as "SHANE FALCO IS MY DAD" and my picks are terrible.

UK, Wisc, ISU, Louisville are my final 4.

This isn't really that bad aside from Louisville.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Yes, and probably a lottery pick this year.

He is not going to be a lottery pick. He might go somewhere in the back half of the first.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you want to game theory it and pick Not Kentucky Arizona or Wisconsin are probably the two best bets.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Duke because there's a god and he hates me.

Eh, their ceiling is a little higher but overall they weren't as good as those two. Arizona was quietly destroying people and no one really noticed because it was on the west coast and they weren't as good as Kentucky. Also if you're going to go agains the grain and go with not Kentucky you might as well knock them out earlier, and those are probably the only teams on that side you could predict to do it without being totally crazy.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 19, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It is true that the Duke side of the bracket is way easier, especially with Virginia at less than full strength (I guess this depends on how you feel about Gonzaga though). Arizona should have gotten their 1 seed but oh well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They got throttled by Miami though so that's probably worse than the Arizona losses. But in general yeah.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ISU was alway more vulnerable than most to a bad shooting day and y'all deserve what you get for buying into all the hype that ignored how they fell behind huge in every B12 tournament game.

(I had them losing to Gonzaga in the sweet 16 so I was dumb too!)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 19, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

As does picking BYU over Xavier and then saying gently caress it, we'll just roll with Ole Miss.

Yeah I picked it thinking it'd be BYU and then didn't think to go back and change it later.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Picking a 12-5 upset just for the sake of picking a 12-5 upset is one of the dumber bracket things people do. Like yeah it usually happens but it's hard to really predict which one it will happen to you so might as well just not bother and live with losing the largely meaningless first round points unless someone is really really over or underseeded.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
UVA was really good if you look at the season as a whole but they were a really different team after Anderson got hurt. He came back but his jumper was off and they need all the offense they can get. I picked MSU over them too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

Who is Aaron White Power? Is that you MV? Whoever you are, our brackets are incredibly similar and the only thing we have different the rest of the way is me having Louisville in the elite 8 and you had Villanova... So if Louisville loses to NC State, I can't win this stupid contest because you are two points ahead of me.

Haha yeah that's me

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

I think anyone whose bracket is above 98% this year should be arrested immediately on suspicion of criminally unstable decision making

There was some weird stuff on the first day, but after that it's been pretty chalky outside of one region, and it was the one pretty much everyone said was mostly likely to see the top seeds go down. UCLA was the only super out there sweet 16 team, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

davidson is a bunch of midget chumps who will be dunked on repeatedly and embarassed hth

I just went back and saw that I posted this and

1) I am a goddamned genius

2) haha suck it all of you who had them as your cinderella

• Locked thread