Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

drat! A lot of big ole titties on this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

I said come in! posted:

I want a new Star Trek t.v. series, but I actually want it to be something with season long storylines but only 12 episodes a season. I can't handle these 22 - 24 episode long seasons.

Also on HBO, with lots of titties and loving.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Yaos posted:

In season 1 of TNG, Data had been in Starfleet for 17 years and was 3rd in command of the Enterprise. Despite this, he still acted as though he had never met a person in his entire life. More importantly, why did Data want to be human so badly? Is it because he kind of looks humans? If he looked like a Vulcan would he consider himself perfect? No, of course, not. Data wants to be human because the writers of TNG are a bunch of racists. The noble white man travels the galaxy, telling the savages the correct way to live, and if they don't listen they are evil. Obviously Data would want to be human, because only somebody evil would not want to be human, and that person is Lore.

Vulcans? Despite having warp well before humans, it turns out they are just a bunch of backwards idiots that don't have emotions and the noble white man has to show them how real science is done. The Vulcan's are not evil, so they join the Federation and let humans do whatever they want.

Every civilization that did not want to join the Federation was evil. Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Ferengi, Cardassians, the Q Continuum, the Maquis, people on Bajor (whom were not necessarily Maquis) that did not want to be instantly snapped up by the Federation once the Cardassian threat was gone, the Breen.

Vulcans are using humans as muscle in their civil war against the Romulans.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Yaos posted:

They hosed up. Not surprising from a backwards race of savages.

What do you mean? Federation expansion continues unabated! None dare resist the civilizing endeavor.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

buttcrackmenace posted:

came to post this

its the 25th century, and that man/cat/thing doesn't wear shoes

Yeah but look at all dem women.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

oncearoundaltair posted:

trying to remember if TNG ever had anyone who was fat.

No, but it was also filmed in the mid to late 80's, before the fat epidemic swept America and the world.

Riker got a bit chunky towards the end of the show.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Goons being goons, consensus opinion here now is Enterprise was great!

loving losers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

I know you millenials will find this hard to believe, but the majority of people used to not be fat. Skinny, even.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

On the downside tits were much smaller on average back then as well.

Fewer boob jobs, but the big titties were better because of this.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Data had a cat.

Like many spergs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

I still maintain that 1)"Year of Hell" should have been what Voyager was all about all along and 2)this would have been the perfect end to the series. Let the ship and its crew go out in a blaze of unrecognized awesome.

What Voyager should have been about : Organically building a mini-Federation in the Delta Quadrant

What Enterprise should have been about : Mostly one off episodes with cool sci-fi stories and an ongoing backstory of Vulcan meddling.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Gutcruncher posted:

They did that in a last-season episode, the ship gets caught in a void with a bunch of other ships and no way to get supplies except stealing. Janeway starts up a mini-federation to share supplies and to protect the new and confused/defenseless ships from raiders. It was good and then forgotten by the credits.

Was that the coffee nebula?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Kuato posted:

Is voyager *really* worth watching? Tried checking it out on Netflix and fell asleep during the pilot. I'm assuming I might've been tired and it's a coincidence or it was a precursor to future viewing experiences.

Not really, unless you're looking for generic sci-fi pablum. In that case it's pretty good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Go figure. R*alp's a Trek fan.

Join the club!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

I really don't like old trek anymore, and while the two new movies were entertaining, they were fluff and forgettable.

I'm no longer a Trekkie.

Star Wars, otoh, wow!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Joss Whedon new Trek is the only new Trek I'd trust to be any good.

OMG! This elfen ensign can easily fight half a dozen klingons!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Monkey Fracas posted:

Didn't the last one poison the well pretty bad?

I mean another one may be possible based on recognition alone but they better knock it out of the park

gently caress those JJ Abrams movies tho

Wait..... ehhhhh gently caress em, yeah

I think it was the combination of Voyager's lack luster final seasons, Enterprise's disaster, and the two terrible TNG movies that really put the dagger in the TV franchise - but that's like many years to gently caress poo poo up.

It's been a while since Enterprise ended though. I bet someone tries again.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Lord of Pie posted:

Let's see what Worf's kid is up to lately

drat lol

Worf was a bad dad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

opus111 posted:

enterprise is far better than voyager.

Lol. Not it's not. It's worse in every way.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Yaos posted:

Since both of the new Star Trek movies were Nemesis remakes, do you guys think the new Star Wars movie will be a Nemesis remake? Like Admiral Thrawn comes out of the shadows to destroy Coruscant, and not Luke and not Leia have to infiltrate the ship and kill him at the last second while the ship explodes around them and maybe Thrawn screams at nothing or monologues about honor.

I hope there's some kind of time travel. Time travel makes the best stories.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just for entertainment purposes, what is the gooncensus on a sci-fi show that ended well?

I'm asking for a friend.

DS9

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Ein cooler Typ posted:

DS9 ending was dumm

Star Trek isn't supposed to be so religious

Gene wouldn't have liked it

The pah-wraith stuff was a bit daft, but the final season of the show was mostly great and it ended with a great episode and strong hook. It wasn't all "happy ever after".

Gene would never have supported DS9 in the first place.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Bonzo posted:

And that's why it was good. Once he died they went hogwild.

Yeah, but there's also Voyager and Enterprise and the movies. So I don't think this opinion checks out.

Rather, it's because Berman and Braga had nothing to do with DS9 instead.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Not a lot of answers to sci-fi shows finishing strong.

Does Angel count? It had cyborgs and a Robot Devil.

Cuz it has the best end of any genre show, ever.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Parallax Scroll posted:

lost was scifi and i liked how it ended but others did not

quantum leap end was dece

I liked Lost's ending too, though I get why many don't.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

How does that actor feel about Neelix? I imagine it had to have sucked to play such an irritating character. Do others on the show feel about it the way Robert Beltran (Chakotay) felt? I know he actively talked about how terrible it was and how they'd give in to whatever money he wanted, while he was only bluffing so they'd kill him off.

I'm sure he loves the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

by Ralp

pants cat posted:

I watched TNG last night. It was the episode where Riker brings back a game from Risa that looks like google glass and it mind controls the entire ship apart from Wesley, the only teenage boy who is not interested in gaming.

Focus on the cup...

• Locked thread