Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Year of Hell being a season long and not getting reset at the end would have made Voyager better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Skeleton Ape posted:

Oh hey it's a star trek thread, has anyone mentioned Year of Hell yet?

poo poo.

poo poo.

They're on to me.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Is that the one with the gun that erases things from time?

The gun is on a spaceship, but yes.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Why does the warp nacelle break off before the impact?

The deflector field was down and something something.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

In which episode does O'Brien suffer the most?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Kuato posted:

Rewatched first few seasons not too long ago. Legit felt bad for that guy, at end of an earlier episode he told Picard something to the effect of, "I respect you immensely and I'm going to request that I be able to serve on the US Enterprise." Seems like future's not a good place to live if you're not a main character.

The best place to live in Star Trek is on Earth living in a free apartment eating free food loving Marie Antoinette on your personal holodeck. Only idiots join Starfleet.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

Starfleet is the flying madhouse for all federation planets. Except, this is technoutopia future, so the worst no alien parasite induced problems people have are "slightly impulsive" or "jambalaya".

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

On an unrelated note, don't watch Andromeda.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Hope you weren't in the middle of a fight or anything.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Ramulack posted:

So whose job was it to mop all the semen off the holodeck after hours?

They reclaimed the semen and used it to power the replicators.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Did anyone else play Voyager Elite Force?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The Maquis turned out to be alright, except for the one that stole Voyager and left them all to die on a barren planet. And hey, who hasn't violated the Prime Directive a couple of dozen times?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Actually, the Prime Directive is kind of poo poo. Like, if you see an asteroid that's headed right for an inhabited planet, you're not supposed to phaser it because I guess those people should've invented spaceships faster or something.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

i dont think thats how it works

Starfleet says let them suffocate.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Homeward_%28episode%29

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Entropic posted:

They did this, it's called Battlestar Galactica.

We've discussed this, the entire series is ruined forever because of the finale.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

They would've been home in half a season if they put Gilligan in a cage.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

It was literally a fanfic. That's a pretty good reason to ignore it.

E: First Contact was legit.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

BRB replicating a spine.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

dMastri posted:

Dr Crusher fell in love with a ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugGMuerczzI

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Picard's flute sold for like 10,000bux at the wrap auction and it didn't even play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1koV6VlYQ

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

What's the "Wesley episode" of Voyager or DS9?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Was Enterprise the only startrek that ever suggested you shouldn't shag aliens, or should at least discuss it with the ship's doctor?

Wasn't cucking a cultural norm for ENT's doctor?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

It's never stated outright, but the Doctor had to cut open that futureborg's skull to get his mobile emitter back. They couldn't just make a new one.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Do you think Dr. Soong forgot to make Lore fully functional and that's why he's so mad all the time

I don't remember it actually happening in the TV series but Data claimed to be a sexhaver in First Contact.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I'm working my way through DS9 after dropping it in season 4 years ago. It's p. good overall. Things that I thought were memorable:

Keiko gets taken over by an evil space ghost, is actually much more pleasant to O'Brien than normal when they're in public.

Worf is salty that Dax doesn't act like a pure Klingon maiden, ruins everyone's vacation and leaves a doomsday weapon with a bunch of republicans.

Sisko becomes Jesus Christ after a console explodes in his face, and they have to have his son sign off on life-saving surgery after he strokes out from all the visions.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I always wanted to see what happened if Dax got sucker punched in the symbiote.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

bollig posted:

Making my way through DS9 for the first time, and I'm currently watching the baseball episode. Awful poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsjlTF0lEWg

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

A Minbari not born of Minbari.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

ThirdPartyView posted:

So what's the Babylon 4 and chrysalis machine in this analogy?

Terok Nor and orbs I guess?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I just finished DS9. The climactic final battle with Dukat felt like kind of tacked on compared to the dominion war stuff, but whatever. Great show.

Not sure who I liked more, Garak or Weyoun.

I kind of want to rewatch Voyager now, and I probably would, if there was a version that cut out Harry Kim.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

they did do 9/11 in ds9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

couple thoughts as i come up to the end of season 1 here of ds9:

- i complained earlier about avery brooks' insane mannerisms and acting style in episode 1 but he really mellowed out with that poo poo and become fun to watch as the series went on
- quark, as many have mentioned, is starting to become a fully fleshed out dude and i like him
- i loving hate any subplot involving the loving kids on ds9
- star trek is not the best at writing women and i dont really care for kira but she has had some ok dramatic moments (duet for example) does she get any better as the show goes on?
- many of the episodes are duds and boring in season 1 so i have no idea how some yall can claim that it is always good

Season 1 isn't great. Things pick up once the Sisko shaves his head and the Dominion does their thing.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

There was also that time the Doctor wound up on an experimental transforming spaceship with Andy Dick and when poo poo hit the fan he just told the computer "hey kill the loving romulans" and it took out a bunch of warbirds on autopilot.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

Yep.

"Shut up, Wesley" should have remained a catchphrase.

It did, in our hearts.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

yeah so how come thomas riker exists

Something something pattern buffer.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Goatse, his ring gleaming.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Did she have really obvious breast implants or something? I didn't notice when I watched the first 6ish episodes of ENT when it aired.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I always kind wondered what they were going to do with Voyager after it got back. I mean, the Borg adapted to some of the stuff future Janeway brought back during the last episode, but it was still OP as gently caress compared to a stock Intrepid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Entropic posted:

Basically the only reason the BSG reboot exists is that Ronald D Moore was frustrated about Voyager squandering an interesting premise.

That finale tho.

• Locked thread
«2 »