Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Starfleet is a federation jobs program for everybody, barbers included.

Some people have an innate need for chaos that is incompatible with just chilling planetside, smoking weed, and having a good life with your friends and family. These are the people who volunteer to zoom around space getting mind raped by energy being on a weekly basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If a transporter is an atomizer which materializes a clone with all your memories, how are the memories stored? And why isn't there constant brainwashing?

The what now?

Lol if you think that the societal impetus for drug use is still around. No need to escape becasue there is no pressure, outside of being in Starfleet.

Tell that to surly, brother Picard and his 24th century winery.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Spakstik posted:

You mean the Luddite who paid for his ignorance by roasting alive along with those he held most dear

Yeah, him and everyone who violates federation customs laws to enjoy a little romulan ale.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If Data can have sex does that mean he can poop and pee?
Data, in his quest to become more like the humans around him, does NOT poop or pee.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Nobody poops in Star Trek. Those stupid little shuttles that they spend weeks flying around the galaxy in have no toilets.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I would just like to point out the fact that Data, an emotionless android with apparent jaundice, gets laid more than LaForge.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I couldn't really fault anyone during season 1 for thinking that the show was going to tank badly. Crosby's decision only looks bad in hindsight.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Neelix is probably the type of rear end in a top hat to clog the shitter and walk away.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The idea of alien loanwords in the english language is preposterous. Future people speak the same language that we do today without modification.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Delsaber posted:

The Cardassian edition of Clue would be the best thing ever.

The player who rolls to go first makes the accusasion: "It was Dr Kanar in the arboretum with the self sealing stem bolt." then, all the players take turns planting the evidence cards until it matches.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

chaosbreather posted:

Data was also the department head of the science division

And third in the ship's chain of command, despite sitting at the helm like an ensign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

how much better would voyager be if they killed harry kim every episode and replaced him with an alternate dimension duplicate like that one time

They could've been South Park before South Park.

• Locked thread