Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kitchner posted:

Also I was watching "Data's Day" which is a weird episode told from Data's point of view all day.

The best thing that came out of that episode is that I realise the Enterprise has a loving barber shop on it. Not a hologram programme for a barber shop, an actual barber shop.

I did some rough maths and if we assume everyone gets a haircut every 3 weeks, they need to perform about 18,000 haircuts a year. That means on board the enterprise there are about 50 haircuts needed every day. Assuming that is the only barber shop they probably need three barbers to work 365 days a year cutting hair.

My question is:

1) Why the gently caress doesn't everyone just get their haircut in the holodeck by saying "Computer. Recreate holographic imagine of Earth's best hair stylist" instead of getting some bald blue dude to do it for you.

2) what the gently caress happens when you're attacked by the romulans every week and members of your crew are halfway through their haircut? Why couldn't Riker run up to the bridge once with only half his hair cut.

3) what the gently caress do the barbers get out of this? Being in the enterprise is super dangerous. You never get to go on away parties or even do anything interesting, and there weren't even windows in the barber shop so you knew it was in space.

Like what happens when enemy boarding parties storm the ship and you're like "No please! Spare me! I'm just a barber!" as some Klingon dude stabs you to death.

Have you seen Klingon hairstyles? "I'm just a barber!" Is probably just going to make them madder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Lord of Pie posted:

The Space Injuns had a better reason for not wanting to move than the Maquis but were still bad because it was a Wesley episode

I give it extra points for being the last Wesley episode though.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Powered Descent posted:

Maybe he just replicates live crabs and then kills and cooks them.

Or if replicators can't do that, maybe he arranges a "transporter accident" like the one that made Thomas Riker, or even the one that split Captain Kirk into good and evil versions of himself.

I bet evil crab tastes amazing.

Some poor yeoman's going to almost get raped by a crab. Then her superiors will force her to say she actually is kind of attracted to the crab. It's the Starfleet way.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The crab clearly comes from an alien society that we don't understand. It's the yeomans fault for not reaching out to the evil crab and establishing a dialogue. Unless it happens on DS9. Then Worf would just kill it.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Mr. Horrible posted:

:cawg:

Just watched Someone To Watch Over Me and I was super pissed at the EMH. Why didn't that goony gently caress didn't just ask her out at the end?! Other than Tuvok I can't think of anyone else she's more compatible with, but obviously he's taken.

Because character development was Voyager's bane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I think It could have been good if they had written a decent conclusion to that plot arc, but as it was that whole resolution just felt tacked on. Sisko doesn't even know anything is going on until like 10 seconds before he has to go stop it. I was fine with the whole Dukat going insane thing, because he was always fairly needy to begin with. And given that the prophets are what hosed him over it makes sense that he would make them his enemies. But aside from Kira trying to get Winn to step down that whole plot was disconnected from the main war arc, or any of the main characters really.

• Locked thread