Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

HMS Boromir posted:

I'm just going to wait for Kay to start her inevitable thorough playthrough of it and have BFSC be a companion piece to that instead of an actual playthrough. It'll be sad missing out on actually playing a Souls game, but I'll live.

You can watch Jeff Green play through it. He's anti-Kay in terms of skill but he's really funny and is in on the joke that he's kind of bad at the games (he did become really good at Dark Souls at one point but he was unemployed at the time). Unfortunately he's suffering from a bulging disc so he's laid out on his back. It hasn't dulled his sense of humor, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Giantbomb doesn't spoil much. You get a look at a boss, weapons and Brad explains things but that's about it. You do see some classic "Dark Souls" of a cocky player being taken down a notch.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

Patrick Klepek's new podcast is pretty good, Match 3 Podcast. It's more about stuff around games than the games themselves, but the last two episodes, which are the only ones I've listened to so far, have both been a great listen. One focused on race and sex in games and the other on games as art. A lot of people will probably hate it right off the bat (not least because it's a Patrick Klepek joint and some folks have a bizarre hatred of him), but if you think it might be your kind of thing, worth giving a try.

I think most of the flak he gets is from his writing. I always liked him on the Bombcast and he was always willing to try poo poo Jeff and the others wouldn't be in to at all, but any time he wrote something it was usually trite that didn't take a strong stance one way or another. The "as for me, I plan on continuing to play games." that people mockingly post on the giantbomb thread didn't materialize out of thin air, that's usually the stance he has whenever he posted something. Basically, he's great on podcasts and video but the thing he was hired at giantbomb years ago for, his writing, is really mediocre.

• Locked thread