Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Song For The Deaf posted:

The new Watch Out for Fireballs! is out, and it's about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/96

Up next is Commander Keen: Goodbye, Galaxy!, followed by Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, and the winner of our survival horror poll: Amnesia - The Dark Descent.

Really looking forward to the COD episode on the commute. Just relistened to the Killer7 one for the first time in a while and now I'm really hoping you guys run through No More Heroes 1+2 at some point.

edit: also what the heck, the FF game was on the Wii? I have never heard of it before now but apparently it won best Wii RPG from IGN in 2008 (how many RPGs were really on the Wii?) Now I'm really curious about it.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just posted the Commander Keen episode of Watch Out for Fireballs!

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/97

Up next is Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, followed by Amnesia: The Dark Descent. We're staying mum on what we're covering for episode 100, at least until we can find a cool way to announce it.

Banjo-Kazooie

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'ma always puzzled why giant bombcast features jeff gerstmann, I guy who seems to not even care about the subjects brought up

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maximum Carnage is hard as poo poo, it really hits you this is going to rain hell on you when you get to The Deep and have to fight like 4 bosses at once. I can understand people hating the difficulty because while the production of it and controls were great, it was probably one of the toughest beatemups ever at the time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Up next is Demon's Crest, followed by L.A. Noire, then Spider-Man 2 (the PS2/GameCube/Xbox one).

holy poo poo, demon's crest is great but I didn't expect Spider-Man 2. I've gotta try to play that one again on Dolphin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if there's one thing I never understood from WOFF it was the mindboggling disgust for so many odd things in SMRPG

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I forgot if you guys mentioned this on WOFF, I feel you have at one point but Freedom Force would be a great fit for you to tackle.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

holy poo poo I was praying you guys would somehow reference that one insane GameFAQs guy in the Illbleed episode. been laughing at that thing for years and thought I was the only one who knew about it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fruitpunch posted:

True GameFAQs fact: The only reason I ended up listening to Retronauts was because back in the early 00s I used Jeremy Parish's Chrono Cross guide to help me get all characters and I was curious if it was the same dude.

Woff guys: I'm assuming you intend to do RE4 some day? I've been replaying it and it really loving holds up well. For whatever reason I thought ye did it but it's not on the list, I think I just remember Kole going on about it on another episode.

in the RE2 episode I think they've said they have to give it a long stretch before doing another and that RE3 is next.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Golden Sun is frustrating in some parts and the story is pretty awful. Not sure how many people in general really really like it, I only hear about Isaac for Smash Bros stuff. Replaying it now and reading that LP brings back memories of how boring those puzzle sections were. The Mario RPG games did it a little better. Funny enough I think Camelot's best RPG was Mario Tennis Power Tour.

That quote about dialogue in Golden Sun compared to Metal Gear is mindblowing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've never played Undertale but all I'm getting from this hand-wringing explosion of words is that it's some quirky poo poo where you sometimes don't have to kill monsters and make friends with them instead

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HMS Boromir posted:

Listened to the Comrade about Undertale. I basically don't disagree with any of Gary's criticisms of the game (despite loving it, bullet hell included, to bits) except for a minor nitpick about there being no feedback for sparing Toriel at the start, since there's no repeated responses even if the differences are a bit subtle.

I think it ends up being the case that most people are either good enough at the bullet hell sections or willing enough to beat their head against them that they never end up seeing the problems with it, like how in (for example) Gradius, you never find out about how much goddamn level you have to redo when you die if you're just really good at it and don't ever die.

Gary's definitely converted me to the "should have just had an easy mode where everything deals 1 damage" camp. Hell, have it ask you if you want to enable it after you die 3 times without making progress if you want to keep it gated and hidden. There's no reason why in the year of our waluigi 2015 a story rich game should lock you out of its story because you're bad at the game. Hell, didn't one of the Mass Effects have a casual low-gameplay story mode?

I feel that way about LISA, which is brainbreakingly hard to the point where I just quit playing because of how annoying it was. I really loved everything about it except the hosed up difficulty which is a huge shame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did somebody say one of the next WOFF episodes was Fallout 3 or did I imagine it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe it's just me but that whole media site they're adapting feels more halfassed than guerilla marketing. also, shodan again? really?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

He's kind of a dick. Also there's That Infamous TB Atheism Post on SA. There was also that kid who used his make a wish thing to meet TB and he only did a video conference or something like that.

Other than that I guess that he embodies the "annoying british youtuber"???

edit: also, telling people to "get cancer and die" on twitter, and the cruel irony of that now happening to him I suppose

lol jesus, who would use their Make-A-Wish to meet TB

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mindblowing I know but I don't give a poo poo about any of this TB poo poo so was wondering what the current WOFF schedule for this year is now, haven't seen any listings for what comes after Fallout and Megaman Legends. I keep foolishly hoping No More Heroes, Banjo Kazooie, and Mark of the Ninja will be on the docket.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HMS Boromir posted:

I think Gary & Kole are pretty united in their dislike of Banjo, so if there's a divide to speak of I expect it to be Gary hating it more passionately. I definitely want to hear that particular hate-in, though, I agree.

Yeah I specifically wanted that on there for that too but I still don't know why they hate it? If it was stated before it's become lost to me, all I know is that it's a "thing" that they hated it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I def agree that DK64 and JFG took the collectathon ball and ran that poo poo into the ground. tbh I haven't enjoyed any of that kind of stuff beyond the first 2 Banjo games.

I'd like to see Conker on WOFF though, that's at least one Rare game that broke from tradition.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

So It Goes posted:

I can't stand how many video game podcasts do a "what you have been playing" segment which involves detailing the first couple hours of whatever new game, and then the game will never get talked about again until game of the year episodes. There's no substance to any of it. A game like Bloodborne gets described as "pretty cool so far I have played" and then people have nothing more to say because next week (when they have presumably played more), it just moves on to the next first three hours of whatever game.

I've almost completely stopped listening to video game podcasts that aren't retrospective focused because of this. I just want to hear actual game discussion, not super general first impressions that are less in depth than a review. Those podcasts also desperately need time stamps so you can find specific topics and almost none of them do them.

I can barely listen to Best Friendscast or even Giant Bomb solely due to this. BFC has zero info sometimes on what it talks about beforehand in 3 goddamn hours, and with GB sometimes I just don't want to listen to a roadblock about loving amiibos again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when is WOFF revealing the brawler votes? I can only assume it was TMNT IV and Streets of Rage 2, though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

I appreciate the possibility of the REM cast becoming a reality. I have no position either way on REM themselves, I just love it when a joke (not joking) comes to fruition.

Same, I forgot what episode they first mentioned it but I'm glad it subsisted through time and space. All of these ideas are great and this is my fave podcast web of shows next to We Hate Movies, will be glad to contribute to all of dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

giant bombcast sometimes sounds so utterly lax in wanting to talk about anything that it gets difficult to parse through, especially when it's 2 and a half hours and it dives into a 30 minute segment about loving amiibos again

• Locked thread