Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Patrick Klepek's new podcast is pretty good, Match 3 Podcast. It's more about stuff around games than the games themselves, but the last two episodes, which are the only ones I've listened to so far, have both been a great listen. One focused on race and sex in games and the other on games as art. A lot of people will probably hate it right off the bat (not least because it's a Patrick Klepek joint and some folks have a bizarre hatred of him), but if you think it might be your kind of thing, worth giving a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Was the PS3 HD rerelease any good?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Samopsa posted:

Yeah, Mass Effect 3 did something quite neat that didn't get a lot of attention: you can basically turn on god mode to make combat really easy (enemies go down with a few hits and you only die if you walk around outside of cover for a few minutes or something), or you can pick action mode which makes the game pick all conversation options for you so you can focus on shooting mans. Or you can keep it on RPG mode which is the way 99% of the people play the game.

Most of the attention it did get was negative. People talking about how 'Hamburger Hepler' was devaluing games by letting people skip the game part. I agree though, I thought it was pretty neat. Giving people more options is rarely bad.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Randallteal posted:

Yeah, I would love to have a good book club-style podcast that does what Watch Out for Fireballs does for new releases.

Yes! Though it could be a bit of a problem coordinating where everyone needs to get to for the next episode if everyone including the hosts are going in blind (which is what I'd want). Though I guess they could just start each episode with a 'If you haven't reached X point disclaimer'.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Srice posted:

It was v silly on the most recent Bombcast when they talked around literally the first two minutes of Firewatch because they didn't want to spoil those first two minutes.

That stuff is irritating for the people who know the spoiler (If they can even figure out what the hell they're talking about), and useless for those who don't.

Which is why Giantbomb should do more of their spoilercasts and just cut that kind of conversation out of the Bombcast completely.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Tir McDohl posted:

Oh god I just remembered there are two completely awful Final Fantasy anime too

Poor Gary if they meet that goal

Edit: A third with that new FFXV one but I haven't seen that yet and can't appraise its quality

Two? There's Unlimited and... what? Last Order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That looks truly awful.

• Locked thread