Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Song For The Deaf posted:

The new Watch Out for Fireballs! is out, and it's about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/96

Up next is Commander Keen: Goodbye, Galaxy!, followed by Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon, and the winner of our survival horror poll: Amnesia - The Dark Descent.

Holy poo poo this skit. Torque did an excellent job of filling in for NOSEnergy.
Also, thanks DARKSEID for putting Comrade in the OP <3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Woffle posted:

I can pretty consistently get him to talk. He's a chatty boy.

Rors has to be one of the most well known podcast cats.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't remember which person is Gary here, but thanks for giving Axiom Verge a try, even if you didn't stick with it.

Woffle is Gary, Song For The Deaf is Kole, I'm Nick.

Your writeup definitely made me want to check out some of the later stuff eventually. Have to pump a lot of time into Eternity and there are always more Comrade games to play, but I don't doubt I'll give it another shot someday soon when I'm feeling a stronger metroid itch.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

sophomorehoffman posted:

Nick! Always really cool to be able to interact with you guys. I love Comrade and when you guest on Bonfireside. Thanks, dude.

That's very kind of you to say, thank you!

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh I didn't realize all of you were goons, just Gary and Kole. :v:

Spoiler: I've bought a handful of games for Comrade (and not for comrade) through you. Hahaha.

NickPancakes fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 10, 2015

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, I just didn't realize you were part of Duckfeed! That's cool to find out.

Have you ever tried 10,000,000 or its newly-released sequel, You Must Build A Boat? They're pretty much the only Match 3 games I enjoy. They're about 3 bucks a pop on steam if you're looking for more Comrade stuff, they're like 3-5 hour games each but so god damned satisfying.

Except for that loving MAGE TOWER in YMBAB, gently caress witches forever :argh:

I played 10,000,000 but didn't know it had a sequel. I'll take a look after Eternity. Thanks!

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

DoubleCakes posted:

I was wondering if Nick and/or Gary have heard of Environmental Station Alpha. It's a Troidlike and I think there's a good chance you guys will like it more than Axiom Verge because it has great exploration.

The only problems I have with it is sometimes it's pretty linear and a couple of the boss battles are unusually hard.

I just finished it and I had a great time with. It's the closest thing to Super Metroid I have played in the last while.

Added to our list. Thanks friend.

On another note, I played some Towerfall Ascension this weekend and really enjoyed it. Can anyone think of any other couch co-op indie stuff that's come out somewhat recently? I'm thinking of pairing Towerfall with something else and forcing Gary to come hang out and play them both for a day and then record an ep about them.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Thanks guys, I'll add them all to the list.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Check it Out, Comrade! returns from a small hiatus this Saturday with Undertale. Gary actually has some major gripes with it, should be an entertaining episode.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

TooManyUzukis posted:

What "right track." You don't have to actually do anything, it's a fight with a fixed length. Even attacking her every turn on my first run (since I had no idea you could just spam spare if you wanted to not kill a boss) the fight ended before I killed her.

Right track meaning heading to the correct solution for the non-violent option. Like Gary said, it's the whole claim to fame that you don't have to kill anything, and yet there are a few fights where there's no way of knowing

Even with the major hint of the mercy menu being stripped away I threw myself against the Asgore fight a few times, trying to do anything but attack. After figuring out I just had to outlast Moffet, I assumed it was more of the same.

On regular enemy fights, this is pretty well articulated. There are a few Talk options, and some of them cause a different response that hint you're making progress. Some of the bosses simply don't provide any positive reinforcement.

I got through it all by trying and guessing anyway, as many people who played the game did. But, if the bullet hell defense sections drove you batty, you can see how that would be a big push in the "gently caress it" direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Tae posted:

I feel like half the game podcast network is filled with colorblind people.

It's like how being blind turns you into daredevil; being colorblind allows you to see the deeper aspects of the game. :tem:

• Locked thread