Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
So here's the deal, tell me I'm dumb, be straight with me. I've never owned a dog, but been around and spent time with several large ones, I love them, especially the big ones. But I know that having a friend with a really cool dog is like being uncle to a kid. All the fun, none of the mess.

For the time being: I have two cats. I've always had cats, I know how to take care of cats, and my guys have not (until recently) ever met a dog. My friend has a pit / something else mix, and she and the cats have met a few times. Mutual non-aggression, but the cats are afraid of her still (not surprising). But they've been getting more comfortable as she's visited more.

I've long thought that I'd like to get a dog one day. I like big dogs, which potentially limits things a little in the sense that certain breeds are likely to not work with cats. The other day I found a 9-week old puppy (see the title for what he is, supposedly) on CL that I want to go visit and see if he's cool. But my cats come first now, since they're already here. The ad says the puppy (a male) has been socialized with other dogs and other animals (not cats-- it says "livestock").

So I need some opinions on whether I've got a chance of being able to teach him to get along with the cats. He's cute as all hell, and I want to go meet him, but only if there's a good chance that they could be integrated.

I will also have advice and help learning to take care of him from my friend, who has a dog and knows a lot about this.

EDIT: Questions answered elsewhere, I don't think this is the dog for me and my guys.

Walter fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread