Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

https://soundcloud.com/5-star-wrestling/ready-to-rage-5-star-wrestling

Wrestlemania 31

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman © vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Sting

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker

WWE United States Championship Match
Rusev w/ Lana vs. John Cena

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Wade Barrett © vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
featuring The Miz, Curtis Axel, Ryback, Fandango, Adam Rose, Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Big Show, Kane, Erick Rowan, Damien Mizdow, Goldust, Mark Henry & Sin Cara

Nikki Bella & Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee & Paige

RAW REVIEW

Raw opened with Seth Rollins, Big Show, Kane, and J & J Security in the ring. Seth is getting cheers for being a hometown guy but says he's glad he left this Iowa unlike everyone else stuck here. Rollins says that Randy Orton betrayed him and the Authority including HHH and Steph. Seth says this was different that when he betrayed The Shield as it was vicious and calculated. Big Show is kind of choking up. He apologizes to Seth because he too trusted Orton when he shouldn't have. He apologizes and says that Seth Rollins is very good and better than Orton and also very sexy. Kane agrees but calls Big Show dumb because he trusted Orton more than he did. Jamie Noble says this hurt all of them really badly but it hurt Joey Mercury the most. Mercury gets the mic but cries into Big Show's chest. Seth accepts Orton's challenge to a match at Wrestlemania, but Orton has to face him first tonight. Orton comes out accepts the offer to a match tonight but knows he will probably be jumped by the Authority.

Nikki Bella w/ Brie Bella defeated AJ Lee w/ Paige in a decent length match with the Rack Attack. Paige was thrown into a ring post by Brie. Before the Bellas came to the ring they had a picture in picture promo where they said basically "Don't #GiveDivasAChance" which was something, but not as bad as the commentary during this match.

LL Cool J promoted Wrestlemania 31. He's apparently going to preform at Mania.

They recapped Roman Reigns beating down the returning Mark Henry, after Henry said Roman doesn't respect people backstage and because of that no one respects him, including the fans.

Kane and Big Show are interviewed backstage, the squabble and Seth Rollins shows up and calls them names. Kane says Steph and HHH can call them whatever, but Seth can't. Kane is tired of Seth being spoiled after Kane handed him the Money in the Bank contract. Kane decides he will not be by Seth's side against Orton tonight. Kane offers Big Show the same option. Show stares down Seth and walks away.

Ryback defeats Miz in a short match. More Mizdow and Miz dissension. At one point Ryback was holding Miz and demanding Mizdow to punch Miz. Mizdow kind of refused. After the match Mizdow was helping Miz up but Miz hit hit him with the Skull Crushing Finale instead.

The same Sheamus return package airs. Doesn't mention when.

The ring is set up half Russian and half US flag, including the table for the John Cena vs. Rusev contract signing. John Cena comes out and signs the contract first. He reminds us who Rusev is and that he represents Russia. Cena says Rusev disrespects America even though it gives him all the freedom of speech it can. He says Rusev can love it or leave it. Cena is tired of Rusev now representing the US with the title. He said he hates to look the US servicemen in the eyes that he meets and mentions that a Russian has the US Title. Cena says America is gonna kick his rear end. Rusev comes out with out Lana, instead has some dude in yellow sunglasses that is his attorney. Rusev refuses to sign the contract as he did not agree to a match and instead Lana did. Crowd chants USA and wants Lana. This dude has the worst Russian accent and drops it constantly. JBL and Booker T are making GBS threads all over this angle and the attorney. Rusev insults the children of America so Cena rips his shirt off. Rusev is actually reading off a list of burns against America. Rusev dlips the whole table onto Cena and bails out of the ring along with his Attorney who just loving eats poo poo slipping outside the ring. Sometime during the bad accent and commentary making GBS threads all over the segment Rusev signed the contract.

Tyson Kid and Cesaro make fun of New Day as they are going to wrestle The New Day. Los Matadores come out to watch. Cesaro and Kidd defeat The New Day of Kofi and Big E. Matadores beat down The New Day for some reason and throw Xavier Woods head first into the barricade and it was so ugly the camera had to cut away. Matadores toss Woods into the ring and Cesaro hits the Neutralizer on him. Torito then springboard dropkicks Cesaro, who shrugs it off. Torito then does a spinning headscissors and tosses Cesaro through the middle ropes. Matadores and Torito celebrate.

Recap of Undertaker accepting Bray Wyatt's challenge at Wrestlemania.

Seth Rollins calls J & J Security that they slacked last week and blames them for getting beat down last Raw. Jamie tries speaking up but gets slapped by Orton. Jamie quits and so does Joey.

Brock Lesnar sit down promo. He likes hurting people. He says Wrestlemania is just another day for him to get paid. He laughs about people's feelings about the streak being broken. Brock says that if his contract is up and he stays with WWE he will be WWE Champion. If he leaves WWE, then he will be WWE Champion. He said he is no longer hunting anyone, he's a defender now and he'll do even more "crazy poo poo" when defending himself. He says Roman reigns is living in a fairy tale world. He can tell everyone all he wants that he can beat Brock Lesnar, but come Wrestlemania Brock will "gently caress up Roman Reigns".

Big Show vs. Erick Rowan was supposed to happen but Big Show destroys Rowan before the match starts and Rowan has to get checked out on by the medics.

WWE announces that Larry Zbyszko is going into the WWE Hall of Fame.

There is apparently an impromptu Battle Royal exhibition that Kane is hosting in the ring with Goldust, Fandango, Adam Rose, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Curtis Axel, and Prime Time Players. Kane says forget Axelmania, because he is winning the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. Mark Henry then comes out and says he will be and joins the exhibition. Kane and Henry eliminate everyone one by one, except Axel who is outside the ring. Henry and Kane square off with Kane getting shoved onto the ring apron. Axel runs in to do a sneaky double elimination but only shoves Kane off. Henry easily tosses Axel out of the ring to stand tall.

6-Being Interspecies Tag Match with Kidd, Cesaro and Natalya vs. Matadores and Torito for Smackdown.

Paul Heyman is in the ring. Heyman hypes up Brock being the best wrestler and MMA fighter; then, now, and forever. Heyman says Brock is going to be too violent and what will WWE do when Brock wins and destroys and maims Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania? Will they cut the feed? Will they delay the tape? Will they shut off the WWE Network? Will they give back everyones money? Someone "cuts" Heyman's mic again. He snaps that Roman could have been the guy to defeat Brock Lesnar a year or a few months ago, but not now. Not when Brock is at his maddest and angriest. Roman Reigns comes down decides to talk to Brock Lesnar, he speaks out that he can and will beat Brock because that's what his new shirt says. He is getting booed a little and getting Daniel Bryan chants directed at him. Roman also has some crazy bright blue contacts. Roman says his family will be at Mania to see him beat Brock Lesnar.

Paul Heyman is walking backstage as Renee Young asks him about what Roman said out at the ring. Heyman is flustered and says Roman may have outsmarted him out there but next week he won't have to wait for Wrestlemania as Brock Lesnar will be at Raw to say and do whatever he wants to Roman Reigns.

6 Man tag to hype up the Intercontinental title ladder match is next. It's Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett, Luke Harper, and Stardust. Before the match starts R-Truth comes out to the ring. The other 6 men seem confused as Truth doesn't have the stolen Intercontinental title on him, but in reality its clipped onto the back of his shirt so they can't see it. Bryan's team defeats Barrett's team when Dean Ambrose pins Barrett. All 6 men brawl around the commentary table and notice that Truth has the belt clipped to his back. They all chase and scramble and fight over the belt but Bad News Barrett stands tall after laying out four of his opponents.

Apparently Stephanie McMahon and Triple H have been here the whole time just looking at things on Steph's phone. Seth Rollins comes into the office and says he can't believe Show, Kane, and both J & J Security members are leaving him high and dry. Steph says maybe he deserves it if Seth can even make J & J quit. Seth says that Orton attacking him wouldn't have happened in the first place if Steph didn't send Big Show and Kane home. Steph gets in his face but Seth doesn't back down and says its her fault. Triple H tries getting in Seth's face and Seth is surprised HHH is even here because Seth thought he was still playing hide and seek with Sting. Seth dares Triple H to do something to the future of the WWE and ruin it and any chance the WWE Championship stays in the WWE. Steph tells Seth to man up and face Orton one on one if he even can.

Bray Wyatt is in a foggy room with a red and gold urn, which isn't meant to be Undertaker's urn. Bray is still talking about Sister Abigail again. He said Abigail warned Wyatt about people like him who like to use memories to hurt people. Bray says last Monday he turned some of Bray's memories to ash as he pours out the ashes in the urn. Bray brings up Taker's streak broken and how he's now full of agony and pain and failure. So much so that Taker refuses to show his face in public anymore. Bray questions what is left for him to even take from The Undertaker, but in the end what matters is that Bray will destroy what is left. Bray will ascend to the level of gods as Abigail watches in joy. Taker however will fall from grace no longer being the keeper of the light and the dark. At Wrestlemania, Bray Wyatt will be the new Face of Fear.

Snoop Dogg and Grantland sports article writer Bill Simmons to cohost the go home Raw to Wrestlemania next week! Yay???

Randy Orton comes out for his match and then Seth Rollins comes out. He acts all defeated and it then turns out all the Authority hating Seth Rollins was a joke! Everyone is okay and happy and best friends I guess. Orton grabs a chair as the Authority comes to the ring. Seth Rollins, Big Show, Kane and J & J Security surround the ring as Orton readies his chair suddenly the lights go out and Sting is in the ring helping take out the Authority with Orton. Sting wails on Kane and J & J Security with his bat while Orton laid out Show and Seth with his chair. Sting hits the Stinger Splash on J & J, then the Scorpion Death Drop on Jamie Noble. Orton RKOs Joey Mercury as Triple H and Steph look on in shock. HHH screams Sting's name as both Orton and Sting stand tall in the ring to end Raw.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Last few minutes were pretty cool. First 3 hours were real bad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

AAA put on a better show tonight than Raw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i hate that i missed the petposting, heres clementine at christmas

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

hell yeah

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You guys Sting legit looked really good.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Great idea to have Sting cut a promo on the Network & remove all the mistique he has with new fans.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I legit wonder how long that match will go because HHH likes going long on the big stage but Sting is old.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The best part of the show was the ending, and I was excited for at least one match on this goddamn PPV that's two Sundays away briefly until they had him loving talk a second into the postshow

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I read through the Death of WCW last night so my mind was in the exact perfect place for me to return to my days as a Lil' Stinger and remember how much 1997 ruled. WWE rules, and RAW also rules

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

WWE rules, and RAW also rules

Go take your meds

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7SfLIZe_s

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is the best post.

Wrestling sucked this week and Sting is still dumb.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pyf stang

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I put this idea forward in the GDT and I'll put it out here too: next week Snoop will be on. His cousin, Sasha Banks, is in NXT. What're the odds she comes up and has a match with Charlotte or something next week because they like doing that sort of thing?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when Steve Austin Stunnered Santa

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Aye Doc posted:

WWE rules, and RAW also rules

I believe you meant to say Ryback Rules.

And the #axelmania belt is a nice touch. In speaking of Wrestlemania, any shoveltar or reignstar pacts this year?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTjrmVGIXA4

i maintain that the stone cold stunner would not have the same mystique if they did not have jim ross losing his poo poo over each one

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
^^^I dunno, they were pretty ill when Mikey Whipwreck was doing them.

They're really trying to make "Daniel Bryan is a TURD." happen and it's insane. It really worked too, what with the constant yes chants whenever he did anything and people yelling his name during Roman Reigns' promo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

He has looked younger each time. I was kind of sad that the crowd got quieter each time he did something but eh it still worked.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

I wish my cats stayed still for pictures but the ones I posted tonight were gotten through coercion and blackmail

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i can't wait for bill simmons to explain how the ic title chase is just like the wire

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bad raw.

And for the first time in three months I didn't have class so I watched the full three hours. Waste of an evening.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

^^^I dunno, they were pretty ill when Mikey Whipwreck was doing them.

They're really trying to make "Daniel Bryan is a TURD." happen and it's insane. It really worked too, what with the constant yes chants whenever he did anything and people yelling his name during Roman Reigns' promo.

We're probably going to put up with this the next few weeks to a month, depending on how pissy old man McMahon is feeling these days.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sockser posted:

Bad raw.

And for the first time in three months I didn't have class so I watched the full three hours. Waste of an evening.

never only watch raw

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

never watch raw

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Tomorrow for sale:
Spoiler: I Win t-shirts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hey, you guys remember this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsX1ATcyQxU

When do you think they'll make one for Reigns?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
should probably just stick to the abbreviated hulu versions

e: youtube clips

e2: cageside seats summaries

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KybuIy0wKXk

still in awe at how hot this crowd was for stone cold coming back and mankind winning the title

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i really dave'd the op up

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The only good things on raw tonight were Sting and Bray

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KybuIy0wKXk

still in awe at how hot this crowd was for stone cold coming back and mankind winning the title

remember when titles changed hands on raw?

remember when title matches were on raw?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Golashes posted:

remember when titles changed hands on raw?

remember when title matches were on raw?

Counterpoint: WCW

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i ctrl+f'ed the recap for "stone" and "austin" and nothing came up is there some reason people are talking about him other than him being infinitely more deserving of conversation than the current product?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Always and forever

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

cams posted:

i ctrl+f'ed the recap for "stone" and "austin" and nothing came up is there some reason people are talking about him other than him being infinitely more deserving of conversation than the current product?

look at the date for the next 25 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thauros posted:

look at the date for the next 25 minutes
oh so the latter thx

• Locked thread