Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Wait twelve hours or pay .99 cents to use the warp zone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

on-rails mario shotgun game will finally be real
just vc yoshi's safari

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SeXReX posted:

Wait twelve hours or pay .99 cents to use the warp zone!

lol!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Advance wars is sick but the ds ones got too complex for me with the multiple CO's and the japanimation

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Advance wars is sick but the ds ones got too complex for me with the multiple CO's and the japanimation

Days of Ruin is simple and good.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wish the next 3ds would have come with a vita quality screen.

Or even a screen without dust pre-installed underneath the plastic overlay. Or two screens where one isn't tinted yellow. Or screens with the proper voltage being distributed to them so you don't get multiplexing scanlines when you gently move them.

I genuinely wonder how Nintendo is going to handle account systems and stuff like that. Cross-console versus modes? :jackbud:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Heran Bago posted:

I can't read the article.

I completely forgot my college gave me a free WSJ account so I must be still logged in somehow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nintendo will make good use of the limitations of phone gaming because they know how to make good games but I'm afraid I won't play any of them because phone gaming sucks!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Famous TV Dad posted:

imagine being able to play advance wars or pushmo on the go at anytime. holy poo poo

this would require them to make another advance wars. rip

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Evil Eagle posted:

dual strike is a mess, though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

I still wont play games on my phone

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

just bought it recently now I have all but the original GBA one and gonna get it and play through the whole series

are the gameboy wars ones worth playing, and do they have translation patches anyone know?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Solidarity, brother.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

dual strike is a mess, though

Agreed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

once i played a link up game of advance wars vs. a friend and i was kicking his rear end, he flew a transport chopper through the fog of war with a single soldier in it and capped my main base and beat me and i was loving irate. last time we ever played. still mad thinking about it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Famous TV Dad posted:

imagine being able to play advance wars or pushmo on the go at anytime. holy poo poo

It's kind of funny that evil corporate fuckturds like nintendo are kind angels on the mind of their fanboys. It will probably be some bullshit like an official NES emulator, that is worse than other NES emulators, only released on iOS, and then they will try their might to remove every other emulators from iOS or Android.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

program666 posted:

It's kind of funny that evil corporate fuckturds like nintendo are kind angels on the mind of their fanboys. It will probably be some bullshit like an official NES emulator, that is worse than other NES emulators, only released on iOS, and then they will try their might to remove every other emulators from iOS or Android.
Emulators aren't allowed on iOS anyway

program666
Aug 22, 2013

and the emulator will only play 10 games no one ever cared about but nintendo fanboys will platinum it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

and each game will cost 15 bucks

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

program666 posted:

and each game will cost 15 bucks
as the only person in existence who has paid that amount for a wiiware release, i can't wait

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

program666 posted:

are you scared

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
nintendo is a kind angel in my mind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nintendo is good and expanding their business into the mobile market will probably be a good thing. Also it looks like they might be releasing stuff for PC too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

perhaps the release of nintendo-quality games on ios/android platforms will set a new benchmark for what's expected of touchscreen games, we'll see a whole new era of- *flappybird 2 comes out w/new sprites and nothing else, generates hundreds of millions of dollars a day*

Soral
May 30, 2009

ive been playing pokemon shuffle for 3ds and actually i enjoy it

Soral
May 30, 2009

imagine a phone app where it's like siri but with bowser

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I would love good current nintendo games on pc, like the latest smash bros.. I would also absolutely love if nintendo would use their know-how to make good gameplay that work on a touchscreen. Too bad none of it will happen.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Soral posted:

it's great, but the expert stages are tough

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

program666 posted:

Evil corporate fuckturds

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Soral posted:

imagine a phone app where it's like siri but with bowser
n*gger

ahahg et it?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

program666 posted:

I would love good current nintendo games on pc, like the latest smash bros.. I would also absolutely love if nintendo would use their know-how to make good gameplay that work on a touchscreen. Too bad none of it will happen.

touch screens suck rear end for gaming hopefully the next gameboy is 1 screen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

It's a puzzle and dragon clone with pokemon. It seemed alright but I played it for 10 minutes before realizing that I was using a real rear end console and should play real games and bought some NES game off the eshop instead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

perhaps the release of nintendo-quality games on ios/android platforms will set a new benchmark for what's expected of touchscreen games, we'll see a whole new era of- *flappybird 2 comes out w/new sprites and nothing else, generates hundreds of millions of dollars a day*

Soral
May 30, 2009

Whirlwind Jones posted:

n*gger

ahahg et it?

no i dont. can you explain please

Soral
May 30, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's a puzzle and dragon clone with pokemon. It seemed alright but I played it for 10 minutes before realizing that I was using a real rear end console and should play real games and bought some NES game off the eshop instead.

its easier than puzzle and dragon because you drag and drop tiles instead of swapping places with each one you pass through so it's easier for my hosed up retard brain to handle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Evil corporate fuckturds

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

African AIDS cum posted:

the 2DS is technically one screen (the border between the two screens is completely fake) :science:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

the 2DS is technically one screen (the border between the two screens is completely fake) :science:

it looks like a bitchmade piece of garbage

Gameboy micro now that is the ferrari of portable gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Having two screens was one of the best possible gaming innovations. The subscreen makes so many games better than they could have been. I don't want to pause to check my map ever again.

• Locked thread