Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The thing that everyone said would never happen, has happened.

After nobody buys an NX because it's weak rear end Ipad, poo poo will go to android and apple devices to recoup costs.

In essence Nintendo will go multiplatform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wish the next 3ds would have come with a vita quality screen.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

I still wont play games on my phone

Solidarity, brother.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you told me that Donkey Kong, Adam Sandler, and Kevin james were going to be in the same movie together I would have said Bullshit....

well it's a reality....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmWApVVA_I

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sharrrk posted:

i read that as adam sessler

He would have had a panic attack about if Destroying Pinky the Ghost counts as violence against women.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It is the year 2015, Nintendo...Nintendo has changed.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

That looks like a Newgrounds game. It's about as bad as the Square IOS offerings.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Famous TV Dad posted:

why would you buy it when there is already a remake for the psp...

Not only that but the X collection for the PS2 and the Gamecube cost as much now as the IOS game itself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

in the news today, adam sandler, a man with bottomless pockets that seems like a humble nice guy, agrees to do another horrible movie

I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THIS MOTHERFUCKER

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

supposedly it's extremely annoying to play, so worse

People have been saying that once Apple solidifies a universal game controller that Tablet and mobile gaming will be changed forever!

They've been saying it for almost a decade now.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

IT's time to torch this planet.

Yeah the worst part is the IOS games are why we're not getting any Megaman games like Legends 3. Megaman made more bank on the IOS than he ever did on consoles, so Capcom is not going to go through the effort of making a new game that would require serious effort and funding. So it's just IOS games or re-using NES sprites for "sequels".

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Who's this guy. I'm only asking because he's clearly a rereg. PErhaps the Tails Butthole Fag returneth?

It's a Buddy of the Bonzi kind.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

program666 posted:

I too wish I weren't :(
If there is one company that could make mobile gaming work it would be Nintendo

The only way phones games will not suck poo poo is if they remove the pay to win and micro transactions, but being that since next to no one makes a profit off of android phones it's been the only way to generate money since phone gaming started. Unless you're talking about direct ports of older games because those have been the only other thing to make cash.

However from a gameplay perspective tablets and phones are limtied because touch screen controls honestly suck major balls for anything that's a remotely complex or precision genre.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 18, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

program666 posted:

Yeah I was talking about gameplay, and I was naively thinking about the normal outdated business model of creating a product and selling it.
Yeah I mean it's absurd to think of the idea of releasing a finished produc to the public in this day and age. It's more profitable to shove out a half finished piece of poo poo and have people pay down the road for features that should have been originally included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

at 1:38 like 1 frame spliced in for a millisecond in the middle of the video

wtf

I thought it was Pauline from Donkey Kong because I saw the flash in the trailer itself but now I don't know who that is. It's not even the Golden Axe lady.

• Locked thread