Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yay! I feel like this is the victory lap thread for what has already been an exciting gaming experience-and the game hasn't even come out yet! Already bought and ready to roll! I wish I had access to the music early though so I can get myself more pumped for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry if its been answered already but....if I bought the Champion edition on Steam, where and when and how do I get the soundtrack and downloadable goodies?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Furism posted:

Typically they are stored along the rest of the files in a separate folder.

Are they available for predownload or do they release when the game releases?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Comstar posted:

I failed my willpower check. Signed up for the cloth map for Seven Dragon Saga. I guess there will be a thread for it later if it goes off.

I checked that out too...this looks really interesting the SDS. Does anyone else here know a lot about that?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol this game comes out Thursday. *cough cough* too sick to go to work Thursday *cough cough*

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When it's Pre loaded can yiu listen to the sound track or see the extras?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

omeg posted:

Nope, the contents is encrypted.

Thanks Obama

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stayed up late, pissed off the wife to get at the unlocked stuff and its 9 PST?! not midnight?GRAWR

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My steam download is stuck at 6 GB of 7.2 GB. The game is installed but none of the pre order bonus stuff:( Boo.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This game is tons of fun and I"m loving it. I am really just mad that there isn't more free time for me to play it, and that I can't romance the bad rear end dwarf ranger girl because that is a seriously awesome character.

I'm playing as a monk and I really enjoy it. The hardest part of the combat I'm finding is that they tend to bee line for my wizard and my cleric, both whom are squishy squishy. Once I figure out how to control the battle field a bit better, I'll probably enjoy it a bit more. Plus, I want to get that Cipher in the game and trade out the Paladin lady. I really REALLY like the paladin lady but, I think an additional support is more useful right now. Next play through!

Question: How do you get the rogue stealth ability to work and backstab? I've never had it go off because they always spot the rogue. They don't die, but I never get to backstab :(

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 18, 2015

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm frustrated and stuck. In Dyford Crossing There is the dungeon in called Dyford Ruins. I found a key off the corpse by the ogre cave, but it isn't opening the door down here. That isn't right, is it? It SHOULD be opening the door...right? Where else can that key go to!?

Or am I just crazy>

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lotish posted:

the key opens a secret entrance not far from the ogre cave, at the statue surrounded by beetles, but the key to that door is elsewhere in that dungeon, IIRC

so if I've already moved the statue, I've already been past where I need the key?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the help on dyrford crossings. Kept me from going crazy lol. I second the question on the prisoners.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah my monk is a blast. I like getting the toughest dude and getting them to fall down after I force kick them across the screen. And then I keep doing it over and over and over again. Combine that with the +20% dual weilding fists and its like a 2015 version of the Mortal Kombat leg sweep. Hwup! Thud! Hwup! Thud! Hwup! Thud!

Is there any negative to killing the gold plated guys? Does everyone agro you? Some of their backstory is like Grrr this evil mofo. Others are like, "cool". I want to kill those evil mofos, but am playing a good guy and don't want to screw myself.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phenotype posted:

For the most part, no, you can kill them without repercussions. Bear in mind that it's not their backstory you're reading, but the backstory of a past life that soul once lived. The guy who gives you a story about being a vicious torturer could actually just run the local soup kitchen.

Oh well thanks for that. I can't bash on them too hard then, if its not really their soul that is there. Often though, the soul story matches the description of the person standing there. Hmmm.

I clicked manually defend stronghold and it just "did it". Do I have to be there in order to manually defend?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Man everyone has Durance and Aloth using not-staves. Should I be swapping out the rods and sceptors for actual guns with these guys? Will my dps significantly improve?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where can I see a priest of magran gets a bonus to guns? I didn't know that! I've been having him use rods the whole time!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Diomedes posted:

I tried chipping away at this thread, but I realised it was growing at least as fast as I could get through pages, in between playing the game and the rest of life so skipped 200 pages to get here...

Just wanted to say that although I haven't finished yet with any of my characters, my level 9 monk at the beginning of act 3 and maybe halfway down endless paths on hard is awesome, and has been awesome the entire time so far even though I've never worn anything but his starter Aedyrian clothing, now enchanted to give him a tiny bit of DR. I went high str, base con, medium dex, dumped per, high int and medium res, so maybe not the orthodox build, but with clothing and fists the attack rate is just insane, and the damage is pretty nice as well. In fact, my monk has more damage than all the rest of my party combined at this point, and over half the party kills. Just wanted to mention that the no armour monk is not just viable, but awesome, even though I've seen many people recommending armour for monks.

I gave my monk the Saints armor so he gets second chance, but I"m thinking of dumping that in favor of less armor. He already has +20% attack speed, getting him nekkid would make his fists blazing fast.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Question on Wizard spells.

I notice that I get so many slots per spell level, and that I can swap out grimoires to pull up access to different spells.

If I cast all the 4 spells in Grimoire 1, and then swap to Grimoire 2...do I get to cast ALL those spells for a total of 8? Or do I only get 4 spells of that spell level total and I can cast 3 from Grimoire 1 and 1 from Grimoire 2?

If so, then I can just keep flipping through dem Grimoires forever. If not..then its kind of lame and I have to somehow remember which book has which spells so I Can flip to it.

Which is it?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Scorchy posted:

No you only get X number of spells per level, per rest. Switching up grimoires is to get you in-combat access to spells beyond your default 4 that you picked. At level 9 and 11, the level 1 and 2 spells respectively become per-encounter instead of per-rest.

Grawr! I mean, I realize the first way is MEGA OP since I could cast FOREVER.

So that second way is cool too :)

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DatonKallandor posted:

You have just described Ciphers.

Dang really? I planned on swapping in Greiving Mother for Pellegria once I did her quest. I like all the characters, but a paladin is a bit redundant in the current party so I'll see a cipher soon enough.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry if this has been answered.....when exactly does Durance gain a bonus to guns? I'm most of the way through the game and It isn't obvious to me that he's supposed to have a bonus to guns.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Disco Infiva posted:

He needs to take a talent first, which gives him +10 bonus accuracy to arquebuses and swords.

Which talent? I must have missed this completely.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SynthOrange posted:

It's a class talent that pops up. Hard to miss.

At what level, and can it be taken later?

It can also be easy to miss if you weren't using guns on him at all and had no reason to look beyond the spell casting talents.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah some of those traps are bullshit. I am in Od Nua and found a trap. Ow ok be careful, took a step and INSTANT DEATH.

Ain't fuckin around.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ending Gods Lore chat: So was Magran actually working with Eothas to gently caress poo poo up, then go back on it with the Godhammer once Eothas over stepped? Or....was Magran not involved at all, and it was just a mistake that they all died? I'm having a hard time putting this together in my head when she ignores Durance, but I'm not convinced that she was actually working with Eothas with the invasion? Also, the gods are real but are also NOT real? I'm confused on that. They clearly have power over the world, but they are made-up? I need help understanding all of this because I really do want to.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dog kisser posted:

They're real in that they're for every purpose as powerful as gods - they can influence the world, grant spells, smite people, erase memories and implant knowledge and whatever. They're not real in that the Engwithans searched for the gods and found none and then were like 'eh, screw it, we'll make our own', and sacrificed basically their entire population's souls to form gestalt intelligences wielding super powered animancy. They're not real in that they didn't create the planet and haven't existed forever or whatever, but they're real gods in that they have crazy power.

That makes sense.

But...who made the souls? Who controls the Wheel?

In what way was Durance's soul damaged? I didn't pick that up in the whole game. I figured his soul was fine, but Magran simply was pissed at him and ignored him. Where did we learn his soul was damaged?

Does this mean that animancy is actually cool and good? Its a stepping stone to creating gods? Or is it a terrible, terrible thing that never really works out for anyone?

And lastly, Iovara was preaching that they don't exist...but they do exist for all purposes of worship and power, right? So she wasn't WRONG, she was just kind of functionally wrong in that the gods weren't "Gods" with a capital G, but were still gods as far as the people knew. Right?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cool, thanks for the discussion!

why was it so important for Magran to keep her alliance a secret? They were both killing a bad dude Eothas, wouldn't she get more credit that way?

Also, are we convinced it was really Eothas? Couldn't it have been a Thaos like character? And what was Eothas the patron god of again?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

End game Woedica has been despised as a despot god since the other gods held a spiritual revolution in the recent past that spilled into the real world.

Eothas stopped talking to the priesthood after the Godhammer. During Eder's quest you also get some hints that there is something special happening with Waidwen on the soul level. It wasn't the entirety of him, if you can think of it in such a way, since priests of Eothas can still cast magic, but something traumatic happened to Eothas concurrent with the detonation of the Godhammer.

Eothas is best known for rebirth, as in babies but also reinventing yourself.

Sure, but that doesn't explain WHY Eothas did what he did. If he was "injured" due to the Godhammer then it was likely him, indeed, but it doesn't explaint he motivations for a not-evil god to do what he did. Wael or Woedica seem to be the more likely candidates on taht front.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ahhh that all makes sense.
He wanted to stop Thaos so he invaded in the way he did. In this way though I have a hard time seeing Magran as a good guy here, and Durance's anger at her seems pretty much spot on

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I played my monk in a blind play through and he was the top damage dealer, and top damage taker. Just do the power punch move all day every day and they are pinballing around, then flagellants path to them for extra damage and escape.

I found the utility great, really.

So when does this new patch hit, I really want to play through again. Same time as March of Winter?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly my biggest drawback on this news is that now I won't be able to fill my party with all the new companions on my current play through. I am a monk and now I'll have to wait until the next game to take the new NPC monk at all :(

Too much content and I am angry!!!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

Are you trying to say there is such a thing as too many monks?

Well in a game where you need to have some of those support classes and where I want to learn about each characters story as much as possible, yeah.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Will we also get more levels to the endless paths or something like it? I really enjoyed that and was sad when I had finally killed the dragon, got that sweet geae, and nothing to kill with it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rope kid posted:

No more levels for Od Nua.

Will the additional bounties provide additional hard content as a stand in?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rope kid posted:

I don't know when that goes live (I don't think we're doing pre-orders for anything), but yes that's the intention.

Crägholt Bluff is an entire area for high level characters. Some of the bounties and the dragon are also quite hard.

Ah alright, thats good. I really enjoyed the story, but also enjoyed testing my tactical ability with some really tough fights. You guys have a knack for making fights hard, but not bullshit hard.

Maybe the one exception is the Adra Dragon. As soon as you agro him you die lol.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I ran some medium armor too. Enough to keep them a bit protected, but light enough to put out TONS of damage. My monk was my main damage dealer (and taker), and was key to every fight.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Eder was awesome, but I really liked Sagani too. I can't say any of the companions were BAD though, so there is that. Also it looks like my old save won't be compatible with the new patch, so I need to play through again? Is that right?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
More banter is ALWAYS welcome, for sure. I just liked the way they broke from the typical archetype and had some good reason for doing what they were doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
While I'd support them in their new games development, I'm not sure going to a direct investment method is what is best for this type of project unless it was done in tandem with a kickstarter type system.

• Locked thread