Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

You're overthinking it.

She's just an anime, subtype tsundere. She seeks the healing power of your penis, won't you teach her how to love Shepard-kun Bhaalspawn?

rather have that than "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO FLY!" and "I know it's only been a week since my husband died but we should totally bang now. No, no it's cool I had a dream and khalids totally fine with it."

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I'm not sure if it's been talked about, but do we know if this game is getting a sequel that allows character import, like Baldur's Gate? Because I want that.

if there's a sequel, it will most likely have character importing.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Can I wear gigantic puffy Vailian clothing over my full plate mail?

if not that are there any sweet puffy plate?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

so when are we supposed to get our keys if we bought them from the obsidian website?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i wish this game came out last week when i wasnt working on thursday!!!!!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i killed the cave bear on my first try. :smug:

i also crit it like 3 times in a row with some crazy loving luck

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Eonwe posted:

its the 'im gay' of their world

what if you're a gay godlike though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Eder likes that fox fluff. gonna pet the poo poo out of that fox is what hes gonna do.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

hell yea beagle dog

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Gyshall posted:

where and how must have beagle

you can buy it in Ondras Gift in Defiance bay, along with a calico cat.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i did not realize they were affected by big head mode.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

Eder is the best because he tries to pet every animal.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

To fight Raedric --- make sure Eder has the defensive stance talent, get him a 16 deflection shield and enchant it with the + defelection enchantment. give him some plate armor. Go in behind him, but a little ways back, then as soon as the fighht starts group up and have your priest dude cast his + damage reduction spell on your party. Now let eder tank all of them while you kill his spellcasters. Slicken really helps for this fight, but flame hands is really good as well. Chanter skeletons are great if you have already got him.

another way to beat it - have a dude with enough lore to read a tanglefoot scroll go and trigger the fight while everyone hides behind the door in the corner. read scroll, run reader back behind door frame and set eder in door frame. laugh as you murder them all one by one.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

wheres the mod that lets everyone have a pet slot, tia.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

also whoever said giving Eder a estoc had the right idea. He's doing alot more damage now.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Boz0r posted:

Is XP shared between party members?

yes.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tabletops posted:

Right now he has 70 deflection, 71 fort 51/52 reflex and will. Hes using the Larder Door for a shield, a fine breastplate, ring of deflection and Gaun's Share (the flail from the temple). This is with Defender active, also.

Maybe i picked bad talents for him, I dunno. He can sometimes get overwhelmed by physical damage which sucks, I understand him getting owned by spells occasionally but the physical stuff sucks.

edit: picture for reference

equip him with plate and throw a estoc on him, or a mace maybe if you want to keep the shield. he's probably not piercing enemies dt with the flail, and plate makes him pretty dang tanky without a shield.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

gosh im glad i never double clicked to equip things.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dongsweep posted:

This game is incredible. So happy I backed it. I do have a couple quick questions though:

1) Do weapons matter at all for class? It seems like proficiencies are the only consideration, it just seems odd to be carrying around two swords on a rogue, I constantly feel like I should be switching to daggers.

2) Is there a Jan Jansen type NPC I can get in my party?

1. weapons dont matter for classes. shooting dudes in the face with a gun is super effective with basically every class.

2. not really? the druid companion is the closest i guess but he doesnt really go out of his way to rag on your companions problems like jan does.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Haroshia posted:

So I went to the Sanitarium and wound up killing all the golems and Azo after I confronted him and threatened to expose him. Then I went upstairs and every animancer in the loving place tried to kill me for some reason and I took a big rep hit for fighting them off

Is this supposed to happen?

killing azo probably did it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

so who's cat is this modeled after?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

p. rude to the other cat josh.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

killing the "master down below" with psychic feedback from it critting my pc was pretty funny.

wish the loot was better honestly.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Same. Seems you've got to cheese em hardcore :(

Musluk posted:

How'd you kill Adra dragon? I'm bashing my head against it atm

i noticed that its susceptible to the level 2 cipher paralyses spell. still need to pierce through its dt though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Disco Infiva posted:

Have anyone managed to find the :frog: helm? I wonder what does it do.

i've found plenty. they are just generic helms that you can enchant if you want to look like an idiot.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I haven't been able to enchant headgear though?

huh, i thought you could. weird that you cant!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Did I just :ironicat: myself for murdering people who organized snuff plays

call it poetic justice.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i got an orange tabby cat named pumpkin. :3:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

haha the ending of durances quest is great.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

What did you do to get a succesful ending for him? In my ending clip, he bonfired'd himself to death using his own staff as kindling. Probably wasnt his best moment :P

i told him that it was his goddess that burned him, not the godhammer, and that she had intended for him to die so that her part in killing eothas wouldn't be found out. he accepted it and then got super pissed and went "gently caress you too! i've killed one god, whats killing another?" and went off trying to find a way to kill her

i was pretty satisfied with the ending, even if i got a bad ending for grieving mother because i erased her memories, and luckily i never ran into any of the game ending bugs that were reported. i actually don't remember actually running into any bugs, so for me it was the least buggy obsidian game i've played haha.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 31, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

So Durance's options are either Burn self to death or Try and find a way to torch ANOTHER god. Seems pretty in-character I'd say. Did he leave the party or anything, or still hang around for the game's duration?

he hangs out til the end.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

something i didnt like about this game; some weapon types had a ridiculous amount of unique weapons, while others had almost none. i found one unique greatsword in the entire game, the one you get for killing readrich. which is a pretty big bummer when that was my primary weapon for my pc for literally the entire game. never found any generic superb weapons either. the loot in general was just pretty weak. finishing the endless dungeon should get you quite a few good items. you only get 3 at the end. none that were very useful for the way i built my party.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 31, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

VodeAndreas posted:

I got a Superb Greatsword (Tidefall) after killing the dragon at the Searing Falls for the priest of Magram at First Fires

was it in a hidden cache? if so I must of cleared it out before getting the necessary mechanics skill.

Musluk posted:

Look at this chump not using estocs lmao

(I agree)

eder was using estocs. :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Vehementi posted:

My tidefall was not superb... does the loot scale to your level?!?

god i hope not, that would be awful.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Sanzuo posted:

Woa so something happened on this playthrough that didn't happen before. During the tutorial dungeon the fighter lady and rogue dude had a tiff about whether we should rest or press on. I decided to rest and when we woke up, fighter lady abandoned us. I think this is because we are on Hard difficulty, but it didn't happen on my last Hard start.

i thought this always happened if you rest there.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is Cliaban Rilag a place I'm gonna go to during the plot

Where exactly is this place? Not sure if it's something I can discover by poking around at the edges of maps I've already discovered or not.

you go there during the main quest. go to the wilderness east of dyrford village and go north.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Flagrant Abuse posted:

So in Twin Elms, where the hell is the third bird for that guy to eat, the one people keep in cages? I've gotten the other two, from the top of the mountain and by the adra arch, but I just can't find the third one, even after looking in every building.

talk to a lady in one of the generic buildings in the hearth district.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

So what god did you decide to follow for the ending? I'm trying to choose right now, and Berath's offer seems the most appealing. I don't want to help out the edgy tag team duo of Skaen and Rymrgand, and Magran and friends seem too eager about this opportunity. Hylea's option is well meaning, but I don't think it'll solve much.

i did hyleas ending and it ended well enough. the still living hollowborn got their souls back and the people who killed theirs were guilty but eh. hylea became more popular because of it, which is ironic since the whole ending is you going "gently caress gods" basically

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

alcaras posted:

post-game/lore/story question

So what are the gods?

Or: who put Iovara in soul-prison after her death?

Or: what power helps you float down the pit?

It seems something is operating here, but is it old Eng. Tech? It isn't clear at all after that ending.

my interpretation is that after searching and finding no gods, the old nation with the long name i cant remember the name of created them, probably from animancy.

Woedica soul prisoned Iovara

gods manipulating souls i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

FillInTheBlank posted:

Dumb Endless Paths Floor 13 Spirits wont tell me anything about the door.

Every enemy on the floor is dead and every object looted.

use the door than go talk to the spirit at the top right. he'll tell you how to pass through, but remember that the invaders changed things around since the last time that guy used the door.

• Locked thread