Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

moot the hopple posted:

RE: Durance - Bump his mechanics up and his seal spells will crit

I've been bumping up his Lore aggressively and my PC Rogue is the Mechanics guy.. How does a skill designed to unlock things cause a spell to crit? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Thanks to those who gave me some input on my Mechanics question. :) I just found this thread a few days ago and I've picked up some good knowledge, so thanks.

I'm on my second playthrough. My first crew with a (PC Monk) have already hit level cap before end-game, so I'm waiting for TWM to appear in the Mac App Store so I can then complete the game and get the extra XP before I hit TWM. :)

My second playthrough I'm running a rogue and I've paused that party at level 5 at exactly the point where I've cleared every quest/task/and side quest of Act I. I'm waiting for the 2.0 patch to drop in the MAS so I can respec. I'll definitely bump up Durance's mechanics skill.

I really liked the Bear cave, and while I was getting fisted initially in the Temple of Eothas, level 2 I actually think it's quite a good way to ingrain caution into the player. You never quite know what you're walking into so it keeps you on your toes. E.g. Ogre Druids/Zolla, and those loving feral druids as well.

My only real nitpick with the game is the lack of XP per kill. I spent about 8 hours real-time going through about 75% of the epic dungeon under the Stronghold. I got some nice loot, but comparatively little XP. It would have been much more satisfying to go up a level or two as well, especially given the time invested and amount of powerful creatures you kill.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'll definitely pick up both DLC packs, and quite possibly POE2.

binarysmurf fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 1, 2015

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

Nycticeius posted:

If I'm reading you right, you won't be able to do this, TWM-content happens before the endgame.

Cool.. I'll go back and do TWM scaled up to my level THEN do the end game. That should be cool, yes?

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

Nycticeius posted:

though you might not get full advantage of the new soulbound weapons, but hey, that's what other playthroughs are for.

That's EXACTLY why I have a crew parked at level 5 at the end of Act 1. Sagani wants that Soulbound hunting bow. Badly.

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
If I want to sneak in to the new DLC with a 5th level party purely to snatch and grab the soulbound hunting bow, is this feasible or will I be smeared across the landscape? :)

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
This is a massive nitpick, but my only real issue with the game is the lack of XP for kills (other than bestiary entries) in certain situations. There are some seriously hard fights in the mega-dungeon under the strong hold and while there is some great loot too, it's conceivable that I could have gone up a few levels as well. This would have been even more satisfying after spending about 8 hours real-time adopting a scorched earth policy on the entire dungeon. :)

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
One more thought: Why can't I use Shadowing Beyond out of combat? Surely the quintessential use for a rogue is to sneak up behind <insert powerful enemy here> and unleash Sneak Attack, Deathblows and Backstab thereby initiating combat with a massive advantage?

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

Scorchy posted:

You can just stealth?

Even with a 12 Stealth I still get spotted before I get into melee range. I'll adjust my tactics.

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Just finished the game. Definitely the best cRPG I've ever played. Will be picking up both expansions when they hit the MAS. Crossing fingers for POE2.

Rope kid... Awesome job.

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

rope kid posted:

There's a special conversation option you get on another map if you earn the Flick of the Wrist Talent from Orlan's Head. :kiddo:

Where can I find the Orlans's Head and the Dozens dice game?

binarysmurf fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 14, 2015

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

Eddain posted:

At the first town in the White March, Stalwart, at the inn. Far right corner for the dagger throwing game, basement for dice.

Thanks for this. TWM hasn't dropped on the Mac App Store yet, so I assumed I'd missed something in the Dozens faction building in Copperlane. :)

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Just finished the meat of the expansion, and I loved it. Can't wait for Part 2.

The MAS version of White March (2.01.0721 PX1) had some issues with tracking kills for Sagani and Stormcaller but then seemed to sort itself out. It's also a bit flaky under 10.11.

I still have to do Cragholdt, the bounties, and the Alpine Dragon. Should have no problem hitting cap. I may actually knock off the bounties before I do Cragholdt and therefore go in there at max level. Is this a sensible option?l

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Casually wandered into the Cragholdt area last night with a 6 person, well geared (including durgan enhancements), level 14 party. First group was pretty simple, then came up against a Warpriest and his friends and got absolutely fisted.

This is going to be GREAT. :)

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Just finished the White March content. Immensely satisfying. Looking forward to the second expansion, but I think I'll hang up my D & D boots for a while until then. :)

Brilliant work by Obsidian. I think PoE has set a standard for others to follow.

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Just thought I'd try a Barbarian playthrough, and (as has been widely reported), Frenzy utterly fails to trigger.

I'm running a current Mac App Store version of PoE with White March (2.01.0721 PX1)

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
I'm kinda regretting buying the Mac App Store version, truth be told. I'm still on the version that came as part of TWM, which means Barbarian Frenzy is bugged, negating a reason for another play through.

If there's a POE2, I'll get the Steam version. :)

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

rope kid posted:

Better stat breakdowns coming:

Brilliant.

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

rope kid posted:

I think if we can increase the quality of the gameplay, primarily through better encounter design, feedback, and pacing in combat; better choice and consequence in stories/quests; and better/more open exploration, future installments can reach a bigger market.

Is it fair to say that you'll be using the codebase that's current after the TWM part 2 as the base for any potential POE2 development?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.

rope kid posted:

If you have any additional feedback, it's something we may be able to address in the future.

Personally, I was really happy. For the price of two pints of beer I got two full days of TWM shenanigans and got all of my crew to level cap.

• Locked thread